Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Updated Capwages a good replacement for CapFriendly. https://capwages.com/

• Close by no cigar

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • It will do until something better

Votes: 31 55.4%
  • I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I wouldn't be opposed/I am surprised Tre hasn't moved Jarnkrock and Kampf for cap space. They haven't worked out in the playoffs, and would rather bargain bin finds/Marlies looking to make the jump.

We need to sign two top 4 D, and we know we're overpaying for Tanev and Zadorov. So better be prepared. God I am bitter.
The problem is other teams have eyes too, they know how crappy and overpaid Jarnkrok and Kampf are for what they do

Reactions: LeafsFan89 and Roo

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
This is how a competent organization keeps moving forward instead of hanging on to trash like Marner out of god alone knows what kind of stupid fear it is
would you be happy with that return for Morgan Rielly? I wouldn't. Great they have the stones to make big moves, and maybe they get better, but there is a good chance they don't.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
there are many vids like this on twitter btw ;)

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This old has been and injury prone player is NOT the answer! Treliving is STUPID

p.s. wtf is up with HF servers man. I cancelled all my plans to be on HF today and the servers are being shit. WTF
ha ha, I'm too old for social media, I'm waiting for antisocial media to become a thing.............

Reactions: PromisedLand

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I mean... think whatever you want about Marner... but talk about silly shit.

Burning a 200 dollar jersey.

You know how many kids would love to be able to afford a Leafs jersey.

Boils my blood.
are you kidding? Getting a kid hooked on this team is worse than giving him drugs imo...........

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I feel like Tanev will get term not money. It’ll be a long deal but probably lower AAV.

I think it’s gonna be Tanev and Walker. Don’t see Zadorov signing here. He’ll want too much.
I'd be okay with either guy just worried about money and term.

Tanev is great just needs to stay healthy.

I think Zads going to get paid.

It'd be really nice to see them take less and come here but never seems to happen in Toronto very often.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
are you kidding? Getting a kid hooked on this team is worse than giving him drugs imo...........
No I'm not kidding. I'm not even talking about the name on the jersey. I'm talking about privilege.

I know what you're saying but cmon... drugs man?

Reactions: Roo

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Re: Kampf and Jarnkrok clearing to open cap. I agree, but they need to add penalty killers first. Can’t be left with no one to play the PK

The other problem as I see it is that Kampf has negative value at 2.4M.

Reactions: Roo

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I feel like Tanev will get term not money. It’ll be a long deal but probably lower AAV.

I think it’s gonna be Tanev and Walker. Don’t see Zadorov signing here. He’ll want too much.

Zadorov apparently rejected 5 AAV from Canucks, there is absolutely no f***ing way Leafs should pay him a penny more than 5AAV. If treliving overpays Zadorov its gonna piss me off

I'd rather have Edmundson back instead and then we look for impact defensive D next offseason. Right now the need is offensive D who can play pointman on #1PP. I am done with Rielly on #1PP unit and Rielly being the only d-man who can drive offense.

If Berube is not willing to give Lily a chance to play offensive game then we gotta go shopping for offensive D-man

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
im also baffled how this stuff can actually break before July 1st. Either is guesswork, or negotiations really do start while players are still under contract????

One of the big insiders (Dreger maybe, don’t remember) said something like 75-90% of the UFAs know where they are signing already

Reactions: Rare Jewel

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I'd be okay with either guy just worried about money and term.

Tanev is great just needs to stay healthy.

I think Zads going to get paid.

It'd be really nice to see them take less and come here but never seems to happen in Toronto very often.

Taking less starts with your core pieces. Except Rielly who really did give us a discount; Matthews, Nylander and Marner took every last penny. Hard to sell the idea that "hey take less, come here and win" when the core guys didn't

Reactions: Burnie97

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
Lmao people on here have to chill! Holy, you all sound like those fb group fans..... thought we were better on this forum...

When UFA opens, we see what we get. I am 100% sure that is what's causing the hold up on trading. We need to see whar we can get in UFA.... I know if we sign Domi, Roy and tanve, everyone will go back to Trev is awesome lol. Why don't we just all relax!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad