Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Updated Capwages a good replacement for CapFriendly. https://capwages.com/

• Close by no cigar

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • It will do until something better

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Just looked at Pacioretty's stats and didn't know he was still pacing at a 40g clip from 2020 to 2022.

24 in 48 games
19 in 39 games

His skating speed numbers have started to fall off a cliff and could be injury related.

Weird signing if true but I guess has some upside to be decent if he stays healthy.

Reactions: Menzinger

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Sounds like Swayman wants to break the bank and reset the goalie market.

Nice to see the Bruins getting taken to the cleaners for once. Although it wouldn't shock me if they traded Swayman instead of paying up and then whoever his replacement was puts up a Vezina type season.
Holding the Bruins ransom isn’t a bright idea if you intend to stay in Boston, they don’t let players dictate terms like here in Toronto. He might get his ask, but he’ll be on his wY out of town sooner than later imo…….

Treliving is working on it.

Maybe he has PTSD from Huberdeau trade?
Or maybe he was told by Shanahan to sit on his hands and be quiet……..

Reactions: Al14

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Did Max leave the Habs on good terms?

If he did, then he should pick elsewhere.

Why does it matter? They traded him because they were rebuilding so I doubt there's bad blood really. He probably wants to join a good team and compete, so that probably matters more.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Holding the Bruins ransom isn’t a bright idea if you intend to stay in Boston, they don’t let players dictate terms like here in Toronto. He might get his ask, but he’ll be on his wY out of town sooner than later imo…….

From what he said, after the arbitration case last year he came out saying, to paraphrase him, "Okay. If this business, two can play that game."

Reactions: rumman

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
They will sign him in the next two weeks for between $8-$8.5 million on a long-term deal. He'll be there for the duration of the contract. This is just business, not ransom, or an emotional event.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
From what he said, after the arbitration case last year he came out saying, to paraphrase him, "Okay. If this business, two can play that game."
Agreed, but play with the bull, expect to be gored. That shit doesn’t work in Boston…….

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Then he should still pick elsewhere. ;)

But really, it would matter more to him and his feelings with the fans there being a former captain in Montreal.

It looks to be between the Leafs and Red Wings, so it doesn't seem to matter.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
They will sign him in the next two weeks for between $8-$8.5 million on a long-term deal. He'll be there for the duration of the contract. This is just business, not ransom, or an emotional event.
Perhaps, but fors he get a NMC? If not he’ll be as tradable as any of their other players….

That was my thought.

What are the odds the people saying that today, will be complaining about empty cupboards tomorrow?
Well, it’s the very definition of running it back, every year they spend the future for the hope of present day success. It hasn’t worked yet…….

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Agreed, but play with the bull, expect to be gored. That shit doesn’t work in Boston…….

I don't know if he's as good as his record, but there'd be no shortage of teams lining up to give him Bobrovsky money when he is UFA status.

Bobrovksy got $10 * 7, 5 years ago. (When the Cap was much lower)

There is talk Shesterkin is going to double his money next year > $11mm.

If they lowball him, he's gone first opportunity ... they (Boston) taught him in arbitration, it is about business not player loyalty.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Perhaps, but fors he get a NMC? If not he’ll be as tradable as any of their other players….

Well, it’s the very definition of running it back, every year they spend the future for the hope of present day success. It hasn’t worked yet…….
His agent is Lewis Gross... there will be a NMC.

--------------------------

We didn't see management trade away the first or top prospects last year. We don't have top picks this year, and I don't see them moving futures again at this point. If they are being honest, our guys haven't earned it, and until they can prove they can do better, we shouldn't invest in an all in move again.

Where my opinion differs, is if we can obtain a good long-term piece, that is younger and a position of need. For example, a sub-25 year old 2C.... ya, I'd give futures for that.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
RE: Patches

At his age coming off a major injury and joining a mediocre team part way through the season, the underwhelming season makes a bunch of sense.

If he's healthy and gets a full training camp, maybe you get something decent out of him for the year.

Would it be nice if Robertson manned up and signed? Yea.

At this point hopefully we can get a 2nd or 3rd+4th for him.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I’d love to see Swayman hold firm at like 10 and either take a huge chunk of their cap or force a move, when they’ve already lost Ullmark. The goalie market is dippy but he’d easily get 9, at least, from someone.

I don’t hate Pacioretty for a year at league minimum, you can’t even post a thread on the main board about it without seethe…

Last edited:
Reactions: Menzinger

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Just looked at Pacioretty's stats and didn't know he was still pacing at a 40g clip from 2020 to 2022.

24 in 48 games
19 in 39 games

His skating speed numbers have started to fall off a cliff and could be injury related.

Weird signing if true but I guess has some upside to be decent if he stays healthy.
People see he scored 4g only last season and assume he's washed up, but don't take into account before blowing up his achilies TWICE he was almost at a PPG in 2020 and 2021.

Repturing your achilies twice is tough luck.. he came back mid season last year for the capitals and put up 23 points in 47 games after essentially missing almost 2 years. I'm not saying he's gonna be a huge difference maker, but he brings an ability to produce points for the Leafs.

He's now training in the summer instead of rehabbing, it makes a big difference.

Reactions: weems

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The issue with Kerfoot was always tied to how he was acquired. They gave up a homegrown bonified 2nd center that went on to help them win a Stanley Cup, and the Leafs received a kind of pricey middle-six winger, who was supposed to play center (but couldn't) and Tyson Barrie... sigh.

I mean, Trevor Moore could've easily had that spot. Oops...

Yeah exactly. And also just all the other stuff we could have had if we hadn’t locked him into 4 years at $3.5 million.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I’d love to see Swayman hold firm at like 10 and either take a huge chunk of their cap or force a move, when they’ve already lost Ullmark. The goalie market is dippy but he’d easily get 9, at least, from someone.

Boston has $8,573,334 in cap space. He'll get between $8-8.5.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Boston has $8,573,334 in cap space. He'll get between $8-8.5.
I think the Bruins really misplayed the negations, as soon as they traded Ullmark to Ottawa without having Swayman signed, they lost any power.

Now Swayman and his agent are sitting there saying "Pay me what I want or go into the season with a bad goaltender" -- And if Boston does go down that route, and get's off to a bad start, there under more pressure to pay Swayman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad