Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Updated Capwages a good replacement for CapFriendly. https://capwages.com/

• Close by no cigar

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • It will do until something better

Votes: 31 55.4%
  • I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I prefer Alter 10 times more than mirtle now.

I use to think mirtle was decent but I can't say I'm a big fan now.

Alter is pretty good but doesn't push much articles with sources, it's most aggregated from other reports. I do enjoy him though.

All the reports suggest what Mirtle reported not long ago. Leafs are all in on Zadorov, with probably some lower end targets like OEL and whatever else.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Why would he get $3M+ in arb?

The only guys that usually jump that much are guys that put up big offensive numbers and Liljegren has not done that to this point.

I have him at 1 lx $1.9M or 2 x$2.5M max and at that point you keep him unless you somehow acquire 3 better RHD. No point in adding Tanev just to remove Liljegren for no reason.
I bookmarked this one to come back to it when Liljegren signed. Didn't expect it to happen so quick.

Thoughts on the AAV?

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Tre type for sure, but isn't he overpaid right now or did his deal expire? I can't remember does he play the right side?

I see a Swedish meatball rolling out the door in eight minutes..........
He's a righty, so yeah.

But I still like Liljegren, and if they don't get anything decent for him, then keep him.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Well this was before the Lily deal was announced but this was the best I could do while running it back:

Obviously replace Roy with Zadarov. I also forgot to swap Marner/Domi on the respective lines.

Screen Shot 2024-06-30 at 4.54.10 PM.png

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
So. thinking of the Lily signing, Domi signing, and the incoming Tanev signing.

Plus being interesting in Zadarov. I don't see how we are not trading at least Kampf/Jankrok

Reactions: HockeyVirus

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Tanev Lilly give us 2 RHD much more natural group now playing on their proper sides

Coatsy79

May 14, 2011
Uk
They can't prove its happening, if the Leafs take that to a court the league is in big trouble
Exactly, if a guy won't sign for less than 5/6 years and he then gets injured and can go longer play after 3 how is that the leafs fault? You can't guarantee any player will be able to play for the length of the contract they sign in a physical sport like hockey

Reactions: Kiwi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad