Trades & Free Agency Thread: 2024-2025 Season Edition

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

With Toronto Maple Leafs general manager Brad Treliving all but confirming that he's looking to trade defenseman Timothy Liljegren, it shouldn't be surprising that Leafs scouts are out there pounding the pavement.

What is surprising though is that Leafs scouts are reportedly in Montreal tonight to scout the Montreal Canadiens and, presumably, their opponent the Los Angeles Kings.

Habs insider Karine Hains reports that the Leafs have three scouts at the Bell Centre this evening scouting the game.

Could we see a trade between the two bitter rivals?

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

With Toronto Maple Leafs general manager Brad Treliving all but confirming that he's looking to trade defenseman Timothy Liljegren, it shouldn't be surprising that Leafs scouts are out there pounding the pavement.

What is surprising though is that Leafs scouts are reportedly in Montreal tonight to scout the Montreal Canadiens and, presumably, their opponent the Los Angeles Kings.

Habs insider Karine Hains reports that the Leafs have three scouts at the Bell Centre this evening scouting the game.

Could we see a trade between the two bitter rivals?

LA’s current RHDs are terrible with Doughty out and they’re trying to win so I’d think a trade with the Kings is more likely.

Insane how LA used to have the deepest RHD depth in the league and all these stud prospects, looks barren now.

Reactions: ACC1224

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022
What would we ask the Kings for in a trade for Lily?

I dunno, maybe this combo:

Kaliyev (Wants out of the organization. Had a good year 2 years ago. Big goal scorer in the past)
Samuel Helenius (6'6 beast of a center. Not much offense though. 21 years old. Kampf replacement)

These moves would open up cap space too.

Reactions: rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

Kaliyev (Wants out of the organization. Had a good year 2 years ago. Big goal scorer in the past)
Samuel Helenius (6'6 beast of a center. Not much offense though. 21 years old. Kampf replacement)

A giant centre would be a welcomed addition if he can play a two way game regardless of offensive shortcomings imo………

Reactions: Malachi Crunch

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Interesting. Are any of these three close to returning? If so, I would think that heightens the urgency of moving out Liljegren.
did'nt Lub hit the lottery with his current contract, or was that Edmonson?

Something around Liljegren for McBain would be great.
if only the Ute's would be that foolish...............

Cap space is only useful if you have a plan to use it.

and an extra $10mil on the cap
do you not think Tre could use that 3 million more wisely?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Kaliyev is injured for awhile and we're loaded with wingers already. I think the Leafs would much prefer a depth D if we're doing a "hockey trade". Maybe like Spence would be flipped back?

Helenius would probably be ok but he's definitely a project. Not sure he's a replacement of anyone anytime soon.

Reactions: Malachi Crunch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad