Minnesota Wild General Discussion 2024-25

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't know what the best linemate site is anymore since NaturalStatTrick is now a pay site, so I can't really check the Nashville and LA time.

I use Frozen Tools, which seems accurate enough, but it's no NST

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Would love to have Fiala back again as I think he’s still got a lot of good years ahead of him. having 3 players that can drive lines on their own would be nice. Kaprizov-Rossi, Boldy-Ek, Fiala-Yurov would seem to suffice as 3 scoring lines. Foligno-anyone-Trenin would be a legitimate 4th line. Problem is I can’t make the math work.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Would love to have Fiala back again as I think he’s still got a lot of good years ahead of him. having 3 players that can drive lines on their own would be nice. Kaprizov-Rossi, Boldy-Ek, Fiala-Yurov would seem to suffice as 3 scoring lines. Foligno-anyone-Trenin would be a legitimate 4th line. Problem is I can’t make the math work.
If it was done this summer:

Kaprizov (9) - Yurov (.925) - Zuccarello (4.125)
Boldy (7) - Rossi (?) - Fiala (7.875)
Ohgren (.887) - Eriksson Ek (5.25) - Hartman (4)
Foligno (4) - Khusnuts (?) - Trenin (3.5)
Gaudreau (2.1)
Parise (.833)

Brodin (6) - Faber (8.5)
Middleton (4.35) - Spurgeon (7.575)
Buium (.925) - Bogosian (1.25)
Whoever (.9)
Suter (.833)

Gustavsson (3.75)
Wallstedt (2)

Total ~$84.8M
Cap ~$92.5M
Space ~$7.8M

Problem is, Guerin probably doesn't want him back and Fiala probably doesn't want to come back (and he has a full NMC through next year).

He's priced pretty much perfectly to be a 2nd line driver behind a 1st line star.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I’d much rather go after Rasmus Andersson than Fiala.

Brodin-Andersson
Buium-Faber
Middleton-Spurgeon

Best blueline in the league with a bunch of prospects on the way to fill out the Top 9 up front.

Fiala got us Faber. Be grateful for that, and let go. He’s not coming back. He and Guerin both have massive egos and neither will allow it to happen

Reactions: Wild925

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'd take Fiala, but it all depends on the cost. Ohgren, a cap dump(or two)to make the deal work, and a first(lottery protected) I'd do. The way that BG has handed out NMC's and NTC's he has severely limited the ability of this team to make such a move, at least till the summer when the cap penalties are mostly gone.

Fiala seems to get criticized for his flaws, as if other high end offensive players(i.e. Kane, Panarin) don't do the exact same things. They also seem to want to ignore his strengths, which are hard to find. His speed and skill paired are extraordinary. He isn't at the top of the "skill mountain" that Kucherov, Kap, and a few others live on, but he is close, and also isn't paid like it. He is locked up at under 8M long term, while Kap is expected to get 13M or so on his next contract. In a cap league, that really matters.

It's all fantasy at this point. BG doesn't want him back, and Blake wouldn't trade him back to us, opening himself up to further criticism.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad