Trades & Free Agency Thread: 2024-2025 Season Edition

LeafsStorm

Oct 22, 2011
I had a horrible dream we traded Knies for Craig Smith and a 2nd round pick. I was freaking out and calling it the worst trade the Leafs ever made.

Wtf 😒

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Not a bad list of targets. There are always a few surprises for both buyers and sellers so it will really depend on that. It also depends on our injury situation by the deadline, where some needs can grow exponentially.

I think Brandon Tanev will be among the high list of targets, but he's a winger so it may not make sense until the off-season.

I would add Scott Laughton as a top target for center upgrades (and there has been plenty of smoke the Leafs interest in him for awhile). Brock Nelson might be on the market if the Islanders don't do well and he's really good. I'd also have some interest in Jake Evans from Montreal.

For D, I think Alec Martinez might be a big time veteran. He can play both sides too. Leafs may circle back to Mario Ferarro (a lot of smoke they were in on him for a bit). I also like Savard and Borgren for RHD defensive upgrades.
If they’re trading for Gourde, expect it at American Thanksgiving.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I am not saying he is one of our six best forwards, but I would like to see him on one of our more balanced top three lines with Nylander.

Knies Matthews Marner
Holmberg Domi Nylander
Pacioretty Tavares Robertson
Lorentz Kampf McMann

Jarnkrok Dewar Reaves

Holmberg brings defensive play to a line with Domi and Nylander and he has some creativity, flare and drive that he needs to bring more consistently.

Side Note. We have to move a F or two unless someone expensive goes on the LTIR. Dewar and Jarnkrok will be back and Reaves will still need to get some games. This doesn't even consider Minten. You have to think Kampf is getting moved.
You could showcase Kampf between Pontus and Willy.
Willy can run wild, Pontus can keep up, Kampf can get some secondary points, and there’s plenty of defence and tenacity there to complement the flow
Problem is, it might be pretty good.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
You could showcase Kampf between Pontus and Willy.
Willy can run wild, Pontus can keep up, Kampf can get some secondary points, and there’s plenty of defence and tenacity there to complement the flow
Problem is, it might be pretty good.
Good idea, I don't get the impression that Berube is the "showcase" type. He already has Kampf off the prime as our PK and Liljegren in the press box

Reactions: rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Good idea, I don't get the impression that Berube is the "showcase" type. He already has Kampf off the prime as our PK and Liljegren in the press box
Yeah, I could see friction if Tre asks Chief to play players they’re wanting to move, his mantra of players having to earn their ice time is a refreshing change, can’t make exceptions if you want it to work…….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad