Trades & Free Agency Thread: 2024-2025 Season Edition

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Even with diminishing returns, the true value in moving the likes of Kampf, Jarnkrok and potentially Liljegren would be the cap space that is freed up. 7-8 million combined is substantial for 3 players that are redundant on the roster at this point.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Part of the Leafs magic formula is fantasing about how Lily , a cap dump is worth something like an effective 2c. So then we package Kampf, Jarnkrok, Lily and pretend someone would pay more. Our best bet to get a cup is to trade Tavares for Crosby..

There is not much demand for 2.4 million 4C or a 3 million 7D or a Jarnkrok.
I gave never suggested Lilly would return anything near a second line centre, in fact the statement “addition by subtraction” pretty much tells you how much I think Lilly would return…….

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I gave never suggested Lilly would return anything near a second line centre, in fact the statement “addition by subtraction” pretty much tells you how much I think Lilly would return…….
Ok now call Dumbass and trade Tavares for Crosby, then we are contenders. Right now I think they could win 2 rounds depending on health and draw. This team/lineup won't win 3 rounds.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Ok now call Dumbass and trade Tavares for Crosby, then we are contenders. Right now I think they could win 2 rounds depending on health and draw. This team/lineup won't win 3 rounds.
What’s that got to do with trading Lilly, your train of logic has gone off the tracks , try to stay on point if your going to reply to my posts, I don’t mean to be rude but when talking about apples bring up tomatoes doesn’t mske your point or any sense…….

Reactions: Sypher04

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

I’m sorry but if you think this team could win 2 rounds, there’s pretty much no reason to then argue they wouldn’t be able to win 3. There really is marginal separation between a top 4 and a top 8 team

Reactions: Roo

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
I’m sorry but if you think this team could win 2 rounds, there’s pretty much no reason to then argue they wouldn’t be able to win 3. There really is marginal separation between a top 4 and a top 8 team
Anything is possible if this team comes out of the Atlantic. Not sure why people make comments like these.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Liljegren + Jarnkrok for a 2024 2nd + 4th would be an ideal trade that would free cap space and allow us to put together a good package for an important piece at the deadline.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Liljegren + Jarnkrok for a 2024 2nd + 4th would be an ideal trade that would free cap space and allow us to put together a good package for an important piece at the deadline.

The talk of moving Liljegren is incredibly premature at this point. Chances are high, that he'll end up being a regular in our lineup for the rest of season, or most of it. Even at worst, he's good depth... same with Jarnkrok. Later in the year, if there are opportunities to improve, sure... but for now, it's premature IMO.

The Leafs like their current depth.

Reactions: Buds17

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
The talk of moving Liljegren is incredibly premature at this point. Chances are high, that he'll end up being a regular in our lineup for the rest of season, or most of it. Even at worst, he's good depth... same with Jarnkrok. Later in the year, if there are opportunities to improve, sure... but for now, it's premature IMO.

The Leafs like their current depth.

I'd only advocate for a trade if we needed to do so. I'm more then happy letting this group continue to compete for spots and show their value as games continue to be played.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Obviously this is super early, but looking ahead to some needs/targets Toronto might be looking at. I would say still 2 way 3rd line centerman (Maybe Holmberg becomes that this year, would feel better pushing him to 4C).

A top 4 dman (I like our d-core now, looks better if you can push one of OEL/McCabe to the 5-6 hole to play with Beniot. We finally have enough depth guys not to be trading picks for them.

Would say we are pretty set on wingers/depth there.

EARLY Trade deadline targets: (players/targets could change depending on how teams are doing):

Centerman (based off of teams I think that won't make it):
Yanni Gourde
Mikael Granlund
Brandon Tanev (don't think he's good enough to be 3C)

Defenece (more interesting):
Provorov
Chyrchrun
Savard
Borgen
Theodore (Wild Card just based off of Vegas being savage).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad