Trades & Free Agency Thread: 2024-2025 Season Edition

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Even with diminishing returns, the true value in moving the likes of Kampf, Jarnkrok and potentially Liljegren would be the cap space that is freed up. 7-8 million combined is substantial for 3 players that are redundant on the roster at this point.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Part of the Leafs magic formula is fantasing about how Lily , a cap dump is worth something like an effective 2c. So then we package Kampf, Jarnkrok, Lily and pretend someone would pay more. Our best bet to get a cup is to trade Tavares for Crosby..

There is not much demand for 2.4 million 4C or a 3 million 7D or a Jarnkrok.
I gave never suggested Lilly would return anything near a second line centre, in fact the statement “addition by subtraction” pretty much tells you how much I think Lilly would return…….

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I gave never suggested Lilly would return anything near a second line centre, in fact the statement “addition by subtraction” pretty much tells you how much I think Lilly would return…….
Ok now call Dumbass and trade Tavares for Crosby, then we are contenders. Right now I think they could win 2 rounds depending on health and draw. This team/lineup won't win 3 rounds.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Ok now call Dumbass and trade Tavares for Crosby, then we are contenders. Right now I think they could win 2 rounds depending on health and draw. This team/lineup won't win 3 rounds.
What’s that got to do with trading Lilly, your train of logic has gone off the tracks , try to stay on point if your going to reply to my posts, I don’t mean to be rude but when talking about apples bring up tomatoes doesn’t mske your point or any sense…….

Reactions: Sypher04

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

I’m sorry but if you think this team could win 2 rounds, there’s pretty much no reason to then argue they wouldn’t be able to win 3. There really is marginal separation between a top 4 and a top 8 team

Reactions: Roo

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
I’m sorry but if you think this team could win 2 rounds, there’s pretty much no reason to then argue they wouldn’t be able to win 3. There really is marginal separation between a top 4 and a top 8 team
Anything is possible if this team comes out of the Atlantic. Not sure why people make comments like these.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Clearly Crosby wants to finish his career in Pittsburgh. The idea he will be traded is fairly misguided.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Liljegren + Jarnkrok for a 2024 2nd + 4th would be an ideal trade that would free cap space and allow us to put together a good package for an important piece at the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad