Trades & Free Agency Thread: 2024-2025 Season Edition

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
I think we're going to need a 3C who's capable of playing a 2-way game, a lot of those guys you listed are limited either offensively or defensively

Yes, that type of 3C would be nice to have, it's a question of what brings us more. I look at our team (after only 3 games) and think our forwards will score and they appear bought in on D. We need to get the PP going and that will happen.

I think we are maybe one move away from an elite D unit. What is we moved some or all of Kampf, Jarnkrok and Liljegren to free up space and went out for a Parayko or Weegar type? Maybe Liljegren, Timmins, Robertson and a pick? Maybe Niemela gets included?

Reilly Tanev
McCabe Parayko/Weegar
OEL Hakanpaa
Rafai Myers

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
I did say nearly ;)
Yes, you did.

I just posted elsewhere that this might be the year to consider moving assets for a top four D with term. Parayko? Weegar? We have Kampf, Jarnkrok, Liljegren (or whatever picks they get us in other trades) and guys like Robertson, Grebenkin, Timmins, Niemela, and Akhtyamov to make something happen. I want to keep Cowan, Minten, Hildeby, and Danford.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Leafland
I can see another Rask /pogge situation with

Woll hildeby and akhtyamov and now Stolarz

Who do we keep
Not room for everyone. Someone will be disgruntled with no playing time. Still early yet but could be something that pops up in the future

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020

Who do we keep
Not room for everyone. Someone will be disgruntled with no playing time. Still early yet but could be something that pops up in the future
Woll making the conversation pretty easy IMO, guy can’t stay healthy.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004

Who do we keep

By the time it becomes a potential issue, Stolarz is probably going to UFA - perhaps Hildeby fills in there if he wants too much $. Still have to see if Akhtyamov can play at the AHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad