Trades & Free Agency Thread: 2024-2025 Season Edition

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Too bad you can't teach faceoffs. A shame.
Is his production any better than Holmberg? Holmberg's 5v5 production with hard zone starts are pretty promising 2 games in.

Or, the other thing, I would simply demote Holmberg to 4C and look to trade Kampf.

I'd pick him up to play wing and maybe add another layer to the PK and bottom lines. He's more or less a more expensive Dewar though.

If Leafs want to trade Liljegren, maybe a swap makes sense but we are definitely heavy with forwards. Something like Liljegren and Abruzzese for Cates and maybe a depth defenseman might work?

Last edited:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Is his production any better than Holmberg? Holmberg's 5v5 production with hard zone starts are pretty promising 2 games in.

Or, the other thing, I would simply demote Holmberg to 4C and look to trade Kampf.

If he is horrible on face-offs why not use him as a winger?

So far this year, Holmberg is ...

1728670922114.png

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'd pick him up to play wing and maybe add another layer to the PK and bottom lines. He's more or less a more expensive Dewar though.

If Leafs want to trade Liljegren, maybe a swap makes sense but we are definitely heavy with forwards. Something like Liljegren and Abruzzese for Cates and maybe a depth defenseman might work?

If he is horrible on face-offs why not use him as a winger?

So far this year, Holmberg is ...

View attachment 915263

I'd almost rather a 2nd or 3rd+4th for Liljegren because it's currency for later this year if a better/more interesting name came up.

Face offs can take a while, the previous 2 years, Holmberg wasn't even 50% on face offs, he was bad, you can get better at them.

Reactions: SprDaVE and ULF_55

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'd almost rather a 2nd or 3rd+4th for Liljegren because it's currency for later this year if a better/more interesting name came up.

Face offs can take a while, the previous 2 years, Holmberg wasn't even 50% on face offs, he was bad, you can get better at them.

Maybe. Grabbing another versatile player that fits the mid lines and is only 25 could be worth it, especially if they still plan on dumping Jarnkrok or Robertson.

I don't think the Leafs want another expensive depth forward though even if he looks like an interesting pick up.

Reactions: WTFMAN99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad