GDT: Trades & Free Agency -- Off-season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Re Kampf

The issue is the Leafs already have to shelter the 4th line with Reaves being stuck to it, and if they move Kampf in the third line,.there goes the offense..

There's not really the room to build a shutdown line on this team. I like Kampf in isolation, but I have a hard time seeing a strong fit for him as part of this lineup. They likely need to bring in a new offensive orientated 3C instead

And I don't think the secondary support guys have earned the right to be untouchable outside of say Knies. The PK was trash, needs to be rebuilt.

I don't see Tre trading Kampf so soon though. Jarnkrok more likely to go plus guys like maybe Lily/Robertson/Timmins
I expect Reeves to have a renascence year, Berube will know exactly how to properly use Reeves..........

Reactions: OVO16

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I expect Reeves to have a renascence year, Berube will know exactly how to properly use Reeves..........
Reaves after the injury was a beast. Berube likes having a aplyer like reaves in the 4th line.

He had Maroon on the 4th line the year he won the cup

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The cap dump is because we're getting the most valuable asset in the deal (Dobson).

Don't care how high you value Marner ... compared to a 24 year old 6'4 RHD who hit 70 points and with his pedigree of success in every aspect of his hockey career so far, Dobson is easily more valuable than a wimpy winger with a muffin shot who disappears when it matters and who wants $12m a year for his disappearing act.

Pageau is the poison pill we'd have to take for the privilege of getting Dobson for what will be probably 8 years of his prime

So this is before July 1st. trade then?

You know Rielly had 72 points one season, along with 20 goals?

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I wonder who else Calgary sells off. Keeping Weegar seems pointless. You could get a decent return of futures for him. A retained Mangiapane probably is attractive to some.

Kadri probably is pretty attractive too, and there are teams with C needs.

Huberdeau... that's kind of an ugly contract.

Backlund should attract some attention as well.

Let’s just clean em out lol.
Weegar, Kadri, Andersson, Backlund

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Damn if San Jose is looking for vets and taking them as straight cap dumps, can we not give them Kampf or Jarnkrok?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Damn if San Jose is looking for vets and taking them as straight cap dumps, can we not give them Kampf or Jarnkrok?

I could see the Leafs having mild interest in Blackwood as a tandem goaltender to pair with Woll. Probably a a good partner to make a bit of a roster shake up.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
1718819948022.png

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
If anyone is curious, the hypothetical of trading Marner and signing Jake. Would probably need to happen pre-July 1st. So we can offer Jake 8 year extension to maybe drop a 1m off the AAV.

5sq9s-mi0qo-gl3pg-4axe3-hkce9.png

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I could see the Leafs having mild interest in Blackwood as a tandem goaltender to pair with Woll. Probably a a good partner to make a bit of a roster shake up.

Good athlete. Only downside is he’s from terrible NHL programs so who knows if that made him stronger or if it fried him.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
2025 NHL trade deadline. Sharks trade Goodrow to Rangers @50%, for second round pick.

June 2025. NYR Waive Goodrow, Sharks claim.

2026 NHL trade deadline. Sharks trade Goodrow to Rangers @50% for second round pick.

#profit.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Jesus I thought Goodrow was a FA soon. I was thinking maybe they retain on him and get assets. But they have already 3 retained contracts.

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
Hate it when great teams get free favours. The Leafs need to liquidate half a draft class to save cap on transactions

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Underrated move for San Jose. They're going to try and avoid the perpetual rebuild trap and push hard from the bottom. They have oodles of cap for this an next year. Goodrow for free gives them a solid vet for no cost, and will be off the books when it comes time to start reupping guys. Goodrow types at UFA are likely to be more money and term, and will be harder to sell on gambling on the quick upswing.

Ya gotta set the tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad