Player Discussion Mitch Marner

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

danny90

Nov 27, 2019
Of course. Just as I predicted, you did the PPG stat instead of the total stat you used for the regular season. You guys are so transparent.
We could use overall points in the last 5 seasons but because some players have played less or more, Corey Perry has more points than most players in the league.

Would you rather have Auston Matthews or Corey Perry?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
If MM is this great player, our best playoffs performer according to some here. How come no teams are offering great package to trade for him?

Tkachuk did it with a year left and Tre got a great package, just that he renewed Hubie a few months too early. I would take a 1st round pick, a top pairing puck moving RHD and top line winger for MM.

Yet, all we hear is that teams are not offering anything close to that.

I think the best way for all the MM can’t do no wrong Fans Club, to get a gotcha to the rest of Leafsnation is for MM to get traded for an amazing package. That way it just proves that MM is, as some suggested, a top 5 player in the league.

Like Keller, 2 1st rounder and Geekie from Utah
Or
Pietra, Roy,Thompson, 2 1st rounder
or
Parayko, Thomas, 2 1st rounder

If MM gets one of those package and more. I will start a MM most underrated and under appreciated thread.

You do realize that Tkachuk was traded after July 1st right? He was traded like a week or two into July. What’s your point?

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
You know what I have learned after 326 pages of this thread?
2 things
1- Dubas was awesome and could do no wrong
2- Marner is beyond awesome and we should give him whatever he wants because we certainly wouldn’t survive as a team, we would go right back to what we were 10 years ago.
Yet we keep on losing…….must be simply bad luck or the lower paid guys fault

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012

Run it back !!!

After years of unwavering support, president Brendan Shanahan said the team will "look at everything this summer and consider everything this summer" (from a desk in New York) at Toronto's year-end press conference.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
If MM is this great player, our best playoffs performer according to some here. How come no teams are offering great package to trade for him?

Tkachuk did it with a year left and Tre got a great package, just that he renewed Hubie a few months too early. I would take a 1st round pick, a top pairing puck moving RHD and top line winger for MM.

Yet, all we hear is that teams are not offering anything close to that.

I think the best way for all the MM can’t do no wrong Fans Club, to get a gotcha to the rest of Leafsnation is for MM to get traded for an amazing package. That way it just proves that MM is, as some suggested, a top 5 player in the league.

Like Keller, 2 1st rounder and Geekie from Utah
Or
Pietra, Roy,Thompson, 2 1st rounder
or
Parayko, Thomas, 2 1st rounder

If MM gets one of those package and more. I will start a MM most underrated and under appreciated thread.
I haven't heard one rumor of a package offered yet. Where did you hear that the offers were underwhelming?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Definitely not. Nobody pays out $7.5M when they can wait a few days to trade for him. What he gets on his next contract has nothing to do with it.
And what if they say "before July I or no deal"?

Are you saying a team has no problem paying $101M, but won't pay $108M?

Reactions: arso40

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
You do realize that Tkachuk was traded after July 1st right? He was traded like a week or two into July. What’s your point?
I didn’t say when the trade will happen.

I am saying if it will happen or not

I haven't heard one rumor of a package offered yet. Where did you hear that the offers were underwhelming?
Did I say any offers?
I said if he is really that valuable, there will be great packages

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Perry has 37 points in his last 97 playoff games.
Matthews has 35 in 35 playoff games.
Marner 33 in 37 playoff games.

These stats are for the last 5 years.

Taking Perry over either of these players would be an astronomically bad decision.

Take those facts and get the hell out of here.

giphy.gif

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013

You know what I have learned after 326 pages of this thread?
2 things
1- Dubas was awesome and could do no wrong
2- Marner is beyond awesome and we should give him whatever he wants because we certainly wouldn’t survive as a team, we would go right back to what we were 10 years ago.

You had me in the first half buddy. I'm not going to lie! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Dubas did it the wrong way! Overpayment and loyalty and built from the forwards to goalie! Backwards.
He didn't really build anything... he took a team with incredible amount of assets, depleted them and then left. Not before instilling maybe the worst culture in the league.

His moves in Pittsburgh were #$%# too. His moves are what I expect from armchair gms. He loves chasing that diamond in the rough.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
You alluded that there were offers already and that they were underwhelming.
Well, if there is a great offer, pretty sure MM would had been traded by now.

Do you honestly think that if Utah comes in with the 100mil extension for MM, then have Keller, Geekie and two 1st rounders.
Pretty sure all parties would had said yes.
And then have the pending physical till July 2 to make it official, but would announce it bc it brings buzz to Utah before the draft and into the off season.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
He didn't really build anything... he took a team with incredible amount of assets, depleted them and then left. Not before instilling maybe the worst culture in the league.

His moves in Pittsburgh were #$%# too. His moves are what I expect from armchair gms. He loves chasing that diamond in the rough.
Ironically he had plenty of hidden gems that he gave away before they actually turned into good players. Marchment, McCann, Rodrigues, Amadio, Trevor Moore, Noesen, Barabanov, Dakota Joshua etc all gone with basically nothing to show for them all so we could keep around useless chodes like Kerfoot, Holl, Engvall, Malgin etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad