Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
He's been money in the bank for 15-20 goals per season his entire career. That's solid production for a middle 6 player, especially at only 2.1M against the cap. Lafferty on the other hand only has 23 career goals in 210 games, who some believe can easily replace Jarnkrok's secondary scoring.
He was pretty much a top 6 forward in Nashville. He's a good complimentary piece and has shown that, but with Bertuzzi, Knies, Domi and even Robertson there's just no room for him in the top 6. I think I saw somewhere that Jarnkroks numbers on our top line were 36 GP with 13 goals and 28 points. Not bad at all. Without that he put up 7 goals and 11 points in the other 37 or so games he played in the bottom 6. Lafferty finally got some decent playing time in Chicago last season and was on pace to score around the same as what Jarnkrok usually averages so if they feel like Lafferty can replace his production on the 3rd line then I'm all for it.

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022
""

His movement seems to be pretty good. I kind of hope we actually move Jarnkrok, and use what's left for Kane, if he's willing to sign for such a low amount.

That's Canlan in Oakville near Mississauga. Tavares is always there, as well, watching his kid play.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
What if Tre trades him for a pick instead of waiving him?

Then trades a lower pick for a depth RHD who cleared waivers on another team after final roster cuts. These types of moves happen every year after final roster cuts.
That inherently means they are trading for a worse player if that other player has cleared waivers. Not sure that is the most prudent idea as it also doesnt really solve the Leafs cap issue.

Forwards are the way to go to solve the issue, not youngish RD just getting healthy finally after several years of bad luck with injuries, and who has a ton of potential.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
""

His movement seems to be pretty good. I kind of hope we actually move Jarnkrok, and use what's left for Kane, if he's willing to sign for such a low amount.

Looks pretty good, anyone recognize the rink?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
but what team would pick him up?????

A lot of teams would pick up Giordano. Giordano played very well for us, up until he was used too much. Give him less ice time, and he'll likely be a solid contributor for us. If the cap allowed for it, splitting time with Timmins would be quite prudent.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Ice Sports Oakville
I saw this a couple posts down from the video, ergo edited my post. If your in the area and like wings (who doesn’t) the pump was always my go to when we lived in Clarkson……….

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I saw this a couple posts down from the video, ergo edited my post. If your in the area and like wings (who doesn’t) the pump was always my go to when we lived in Clarkson……….
Yep, been there a few times too, really good. Rarely in that area anymore, COVID killed our hockey team.

Reactions: rumman

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Played ASHL there.
I've had many a wing in that bar overlooking the pad.
I got crosschecked during a game at that arena.

In a no contact league.
While I was on the bench.
As a coach, not a player :laugh:

That was a fun night! Same pad Kane was on. The other guy got banned for life from ASHL lol :dunno:
Wings are pretty good!

Last edited:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Any other good or plausible reason why Patrick Kane is rehabbing in Mississauga aside from the scenario he wants to be a Leaf and we're just waiting to get rid of Jarnkrok?

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world...

horner

May 22, 2007
""

I could see him signing for 2 million , then bonuses to push his value to 6 mil if he reaches them .

horner

May 22, 2007
Trade
Jamcrock didn't produce last yr unless he was playing on the top 2 lines and did nothing in the playoffs.

Sign Gregor he and Lafferty have great speed and chemistry together

Reactions: Kurtz

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022
Literally a 5 minute walk from my house! Great place.

Played ASHL there.
I've had many a wing in that bar overlooking the pad.
Haha! Same here. I played a game or two as an ASHL sub. It was too intense for me. Prefer my "friendly" league. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad