Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
For sure we should have some more foresight.
I don’t think this team has got it. Bert, Domi and Brodie could all fetch stuff at the deadline and are not part of things going forward. Look to grab some players for next year or picks that can be used to grab assets in offseason trades.

I don’t think this is our year and we definitely should not be dumping assets for one or two pieces. We are not that close to competing for a cup.
I agree gotta think like stl the year they won they traded shattenkirk recouped assets and still won something to that nature where your making trades to better yourself now and for the future trade Brodie and bertuzzi if we’re not resigning him and take a bit of the assets recouped and grab peeke and upgrade in the offseason

Marner either needs to change his style of play or force him to drive the third line with domi and holmberg leave knies with matty and jarnkrok and put Willy with bert n ernie

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'm wondering to what degree could Toronto push JT out in the off-season.

After July 1st he's only owed $910,000 next year.

We do need to make a change in the core 4 and logically, you move the oldest guy. Treliving didn't sign the deal either, so less loyalty than Dubas, although I suspect they may want to hear from Marner in terms of what their number is for the next contract.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Marner to the Sens for
Chabot plus Greig
We lose this easily.

Chabot isn't that great. Heavy o-zone starts and still gets caved in in his own end.

If you're moving Marner you have to get an impact on both sides of the puck for the foreseeable furture, otherwise you just made a trade to get worse for no reason.

Something like Parayko/Kryou from the Blues. Even then Marner has to agree to any trade.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
flyers , kings, kraken, islanders are top half of the league teams that need scoring

Islanders - Pulock would be an interesting target
Flyers - Risto less exciting but if they added someone like Laughton that would be a big boost to team D
Kings - Roy would be a good target, they just called up Clarke too maybe timing is right
Kraken - i've always like Larsson but they'd need to add ....McCann is currently on the 4th line

horner

May 22, 2007
We are just delaying what this teams needs, a core shakeup. Hopefully the Nylander extension means they are thinking of moving on from Mitch but doubt it
Leafs should find a way to trade Brodie, Gio, and Bertuzzi for future considerations.

Also ask Marner and JT to waive their NMCs and make it public if they refuse
I totally agree this core dosnt have a killer instinct in last night's game .that is our playoffs in a nutshell.
Mathews Nylander JT and Marner play a perimeter game and not being physical.
MO always shows up ub the big games.

The 3rd and 4th lines were going to the net and being physical

We have given up a shit ton of assets to cover up what the core can't bring.

It's time we stop

OReilly I believe didn't sign here because of what he noticed the core dosnt have what it takes.

Last edited:

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
This team is very mediocre, poorly constructed and terribly coached.

What a shame with the elite skill we have.

Our 1st round draft pick should not be available this deadline unless we’re getting a star player in return, and they must play defence. Rasmus Andersson would be that guy for me. Include Niemela and whatever else it would take to acquire him.

Robertson won’t go very far with Keefe as our coach. I’d look at moving on from him and addressing the third line center need. McBain would be my guy there. Robertson + for McBain.

Domi was a nice story and he’s provided solid secondary scoring but if you can’t play defence and don’t fit in the top six, not sure where you really fit.

Tired of Brodie as well to be honest, solid defensively but not aggressive at all, puck always dies offensively on his stick and the few penalties he does take are very stupid. Fabbro would be a nice replacement.

Rielly - Andersson
McCabe - Liljegren
Benoit - Fabbro
Giordano

A nice injection of youth on that blueline as well.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Fantasy land…

To Toronto: Rasmus Andersson
To Calgary: Fraser Minten + Topi Niemela + 1st Round Draft Pick

To Toronto: Jack McBain
To Arizona: Nick Robertson + Max Domi

To Toronto: Dante Fabbro
To Nashville: Connor Timmins + NYI 3rd Round Draft Pick

To Toronto: Morgan Barron + MTL 2nd Round Draft Pick
To Winnipeg: TJ Brodie

Bertuzzi - Matthews - Nylander
Knies - Tavares - Marner
Jarnkrok - McBain - Holmberg
Barron - Kampf - McMann

Rielly - Andersson
McCabe - Liljegren
Benoit - Fabbro

Woll - Jones

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Actually feels like somewhat big news, what with the poor weather getting the Bills playoff game postponed and some kind of urgency to watch Buffalo or Vancouver up close and personal.

I can't see scouting the Canucks for upcoming game.
Your GM doesn't have to travel in dangerous driving conditions for that.
Canucks aren't missing the playoffs with walkaway players being dealt.

Is there a real trade to be made ... Robertson being kept out of line-up for reasons?

Reactions: All Mod Cons

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I can't see scouting the Canucks for upcoming game.
Your GM doesn't have to travel in dangerous driving conditions for that.
Canucks aren't missing the playoffs with walkaway players being dealt.

Is there a real trade to be made ... Robertson being kept out of line-up for reasons?

Canucks are adding not subtracting.

Who on Buffalo? EJ?

Reactions: ULF_55

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
If we're going goalie hunting, maybe Markstrom is the right target after all? Just a heavy investment piece. He's up and down sometimes, but can be a Vezina caliber goalie when on.

Do you think Flames would run with Vladar and Wolf?

I don't know they're ready to do that?

Let's play get Markstrom.

1st., Robertson, Minten and a player with $$$ on the contract ... someone have to waive?

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I'm wondering to what degree could Toronto push JT out in the off-season.

After July 1st he's only owed $910,000 next year.

We do need to make a change in the core 4 and logically, you move the oldest guy. Treliving didn't sign the deal either, so less loyalty than Dubas, although I suspect they may want to hear from Marner in terms of what their number is for the next contract.
Zero degrees. Not only would they not do that because of what they, including Shanahan, did to convince him to come, they do not think salaries are an issue and are banking on cap growth. The Dubas plan has become the Shanaplan and he is still not ready to give it up.

Who on Buffalo? EJ?
Canucks would subtract Myers I think. There have been rumors in the past about the Leafs having interest. Kuzmenko is on the trade boards. Him for Bert? I am really hoping Tre was looking at someone on the Sabres, EJ looks like a 3rd pairing guy now so I don't think so for that money.

Last edited:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Who on Buffalo? EJ?

EJ:
He's playing 3rd. pairing minutes.
He's UFA.
He isn't important to the Sabres.

1705248229994.png

Would Timmins do it?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Zero degrees. Not only would they not do that because of what they, including Shanahan, did to convince him to come, they do not think salaries are an issue and are banking on cap growth. The Dubas plan has become the Shanaplan and he is still not ready to give it up.

Canucks would subtract Myers I think. There have been rumours in the pplast about the Leafs having interest. Kuzmenko is on the trade boards. Him for Bert? I am really hoping he was looking at someone on the Sabres, EJ looks like a 3rd pairing guy now so I don't think so for the money.

Myers played the most minutes last night.
I don't see the Canucks retaining.
There'd have to be a 3rd. team.

Kuzmenko is persona non grata, but carries a 5.5mm next year. Don't see how that works.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I feel like he notices the gains Willy made and it’s effect his game he’s trying to do too much he’s a smart player when he doesn’t over think and simplies his game when he needs to somethings way off

Try him with Matthew if that doesn’t work try him with domi then you trade him give holmberg and Robertson the same opportunities we kno holmberg looks good as high as the third line let’s see if he looks good any higher
You could make an arguement Marner's weaknesses have remained the same. He's gotten better defensively all though people overrate this aspect of his. His shot is slightly better. Everything else has not improved.

Reactions: arso40

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Myers played the most minutes last night.
I don't see the Canucks retaining.
There'd have to be a 3rd. team.

Kuzmenko is persona non grata, but carries a 5.5mm next year. Don't see how that works.

He was a good player early on because he had that offense but its gone now. He's huge but he doesn't play huge. I would be concerned his numbers are a product of team success and I liked his game a lot less before this season.

Only with Bertuzzi going the other way and they haven't got to the games that they signed him for yet.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
We're speculating who Treliving was looking at.

Sabres could easily retain.
But how much does he have left in tank?
Leafs already have Brodie and Gio
$3.25M for 14.11 a night?
The only way it makes any sense is @50% and he pulls a Schenn and looks surprisingly good spending his EV minutes with Rielly. Right fit stylistically, only a year removed from 17 minutes a night on a much better team than the Sabres, 2 years from a Cup. And despite only playing 14 min he's not be sheltered in terms of competition or zone starts

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
We're speculating who Treliving was looking at.

Sabres could easily retain.
But how much does he have left in tank?
Leafs already have Brodie and Giordano.
He's a righty so to me thats Benoit's spot. The ice time matters because I think he's there for a reason and wasn't a top 4 guy his last couple of years in Colorado. They need a guy who can play in the top 4, even if its their off side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad