Sep 20, 2008
What are we expecting guys like

Pesce
Tanev
Skej
Demelo

Go for?
If Stl wants to dump salary I would look at Faulk/parayko

But they seem expensive at 6.5 million each.

I would rather try for 2 of Pesce/demelo/tanev at 4-5 million.

Reilly. Tanev
Xxxx. Demelo
McCabe Lilly
But would need a puck mover
Faulk has 50pts and pp2.

I wonder if you try to get a skej/pesce pair?

With the cap rising the most season to season since the pandemic, I would suspect we'll see some heavier contracts to top players. Pesce and Skjei in particular I think will get 7M+ over long-term.

DeMelo will probably get more than we think but he'd be a good underrated defenseman to target. I can see him getting a similar deal to Brodie got from the Leafs a few years ago, but with inflation.

Tanev will probably have some term offers. It all depends if he wants the bag or if he wants to get a good chance at a cup. I don't think many cup contenders will give him term and/or big money at his age.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Ya I want him I think the most out of all of them
Depending on his finish to the season, Sean Walker will be an interesting UFA. If he didn't have such an excellent start in Philly he would have been a perfect reclamation project 3RD. Unfortunately he's been awesome for Philly and probably already secured a re-up on the 2.65M he currently makes. Hakanpaa will also be a good target assuming his cap hit stays below 2M. He is better than Lyubsuhkin and Schenn and deserves more - therefore he might get more.

As far as trade targets go this off-season - the Leafs should look at TVR and Ty Emberson.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Demelo is a pipe dream. Why would Winnipeg shop their #2 dman in TOI and points when they sit first in the Central. Ain't gonna happen.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
My thoughts:

To San Jose:
Samsonov
Timmins
3rd

To Toronto:
Mario Ferraro
Kaapo Kahkonen

To Calgary:
2nd
Hirvonen

To Toronto:
Chris Tanev
AJ Greer

Woll
Jones
Kakhonen

Rielly-Tanev
McCabe-Liljegren
Ferraro-Brodie
Giordano

Knies-Matthews-Nylander
Bertuzzi-Tavares-Marner
Robertson-Domi-Jarnkrok
Greer-Kampf-Gregor
Reaves/McMann

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
My thoughts:

To San Jose:
Samsonov
Timmins
3rd

To Toronto:
Mario Ferraro
Kaapo Kahkonen

To Calgary:
2nd
Hirvonen

To Toronto:
Chris Tanev
AJ Greer

Woll
Jones
Kakhonen

Rielly-Tanev
McCabe-Liljegren
Ferraro-Brodie
Giordano

Knies-Matthews-Nylander
Bertuzzi-Tavares-Marner
Robertson-Domi-Jarnkrok
Greer-Kampf-Gregor
Reaves/McMann
Lol trade Brodie let’s recoup some assets and put a player better suited for 3rhd minutes just a suggestion plus it’s 5 mil for someone who’s not delivering

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
My thoughts:

To San Jose:
Samsonov
Timmins
3rd

To Toronto:
Mario Ferraro
Kaapo Kahkonen

To Calgary:
2nd
Hirvonen

To Toronto:
Chris Tanev
AJ Greer

Woll
Jones
Kakhonen

Rielly-Tanev
McCabe-Liljegren
Ferraro-Brodie
Giordano

Knies-Matthews-Nylander
Bertuzzi-Tavares-Marner
Robertson-Domi-Jarnkrok
Greer-Kampf-Gregor
Reaves/McMann
Pretend you’re SJ for 1 minute. Do you trade your best defender (who is 25 and signed for 2+ seasons at a below NHL average salary) for Timmins, Samsonov and a 3rd?

This is basically like Seattle offering Yamamoto, Driedger and a 3rd for Liljegren.

Frostitute

Feb 9, 2022
Northern Ontario
Pretend you’re SJ for 1 minute. Do you trade your best defender (who is 25 and signed for 2+ seasons at a below NHL average salary) for Timmins, Samsonov and a 3rd?

This is basically like Seattle offering Yamamoto, Driedger and a 3rd for Liljegren.
This.

Just cuz it worked on an EA Sports game does not make it a realistic trade offer.

And no, I'm not going to supply one. Those aren't the players I'd target.

I'd much rather go after Hanifin (If we can extend) and give up a first or Minten +.

Reactions: arso40

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Just a thought but the domi line looked really good with marner on it leave him there try robertson on the top line for jt leave Bert and leave kampf with Gregor find a winger for him and trade Brodie sammy out bring in tanev and peeke

Robertson matthews nylander
Knies domi marner
Bertuzzi Tavares jarnkrok
Gregor kampf clutterbug

Rielly (tanev type)
Mccabe lily
Gio/Benoit peeke/timmins

Will
Jones

Last edited:

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
We can't go for these defensive guys over 30. Look at RoR. The guys elite but ended up being Jason Allison by round 2.

The player you guys want is Mario Ferraro.

Reactions: leafan11

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
We can't go for these defensive guys over 30. Look at RoR. The guys elite but ended up being Jason Allison by round 2.

The player you guys want is Mario Ferraro.
Do we really need Ferraro? Our left side has looked pretty good as of late with Rielly, McCabe and Benoit. IMO it’s the right side that needs fixing. Brodie and Timmins IMO should be replaced. Keep Liljegren.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Do we really need Ferraro? Our left side has looked pretty good as of late with Rielly, McCabe and Benoit. IMO it’s the right side that needs fixing. Brodie and Timmins IMO should be replaced. Keep Liljegren.
Ferraro is 25. McCabe is in his 30s now. Thinking long term with Ferraro and Benoit rounding out the D depth. These guys are gems at their current ages

Reactions: andora

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Ferraro is 25. McCabe is in his 30s now. Thinking long term with Ferraro and Benoit rounding out the D depth. These guys are gems at their current ages
He’s good but I don’t think he’s going to be as cheap as most think to acquire. In fact any team trading for him will probably have to pay a good amount especially with the contract he has.

I’d assume any deal starts with a 1st and Niemela for Ferraro.

Reactions: arso40 and Havoc

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Back off man. Ferraro is my find not yours lol
He's such an unknown name but at the same time a bit of a pipe dream. Odds of us getting Ferraro are low. He's hitting 24 minutes a night now. Put up 9 blocks the other day. @ 25 years old these numbers are going to be expensive

He’s good but I don’t think he’s going to be as cheap as most think to acquire. In fact any team trading for him will probably have to pay a good amount especially with the contract he has.

I’d assume any deal starts with a 1st and Niemela for Ferraro.
Good things don't come cheap. If we want a young back end that totally suffocates the opponent we should pay up. Ferraro is a guy we would lock up for his entire prime. More importantly he's a need. It's time to end the soft play from our D core. We also depend too much on old farts back there. Our best defensive guys are oooooooooooooold.

1st and Niemela for Ferraro is okay in my books. That 1st will be pick 32 anyways. Let it go.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
If anything , some of these D playing surprisingly well, will add a bit of value in trade - when we look to upgrade.

Benoit or Timmins are likely to be an “add on” in a trade.

Now finding the deal, is another story.

There’s no question we are actively looking to upgrade Brodie

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
If anything , some of these D playing surprisingly well, will add a bit of value in trade - when we look to upgrade.

Benoit or Timmins are likely to be an “add on” in a trade.

Now finding the deal, is another story.

There’s no question we are actively looking to upgrade Brodie
Whoa what. Benoit is going no where. Lock him up. Don't have to think about no.6 for another 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad