Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
In regards to replacing Samsonov I suggested Driedger yesterday in a change of scenery move. Minnesota might entertain a Fleury move. Fleury has been just as bad as Samsonov this season. Both are pending UFA's on basically the same cap hit. Fleury might accept a deal out of Minnesota assuming he's retiring next season and not planning on retiring in Minnesota. He would provide a veteran presence for the Leafs that Samsonov does not. I would also trust him more than Samsonov to step in in the playoffs. I don't know if Minnesota would make this move - might have to be part of a bigger move like Samsonov+3rd for Fleury+4th.

Reactions: rumman

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
In regards to replacing Samsonov I suggested Driedger yesterday in a change of scenery move. Minnesota might entertain a Fleury move. Fleury has been just as bad as Samsonov this season. Both are pending UFA's on basically the same cap hit. Fleury might accept a deal out of Minnesota assuming he's retiring next season and not planning on retiring in Minnesota. He would provide a veteran presence for the Leafs that Samsonov does not. I would also trust him more than Samsonov to step in in the playoffs. I don't know if Minnesota would make this move - might have to be part of a bigger move like Samsonov+3rd for Fleury+4th.
So we want to get a guy who’s no better than the guy we want to get away from that we already have because the other guy is a “veteran “?

Add to it we need to part with assets to bring said not better veteran, who walks away/retires next season, leaving us still in need of at least a 1B goalie?

What am I not getting here? How does this help us?

:huh:

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
So we want to get a guy who’s no better than the guy we want to get away from that we already have because the other guy is a “veteran “?

Add to it we need to part with assets to bring said not better veteran, who walks away/retires next season, leaving us still in need of at least a 1B goalie?

if all things are equal I'd trade for Fleury, might be the change both guys need, but it won't happen imo..........

Reactions: Americanadian

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Someone like Sam Lafferty on Vancouver would be so good right now
Was never a fan of moving Lafferty. Would've kept him over both Reaves and Kampf

Honestly signing Kampf was baffling. I dont care how good he is "defensively"...(he's pretty overrated on that part)....he doesn't bring anything else.

I want my 4th line center to be more robust, physical, fast and can chip in with some slight offense here and there

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Was never a fan of moving Lafferty. Would've kept him over both Reaves and Kampf

Honestly signing Kampf was baffling. I dont care how good he is "defensively"...(he's pretty overrated on that part)....he doesn't bring anything else.

I want my 4th line center to be more robust, physical, fast and can chip in with some slight offense here and there
Gregor - Acciari - Lafferty.

Cheaper than what we have now. Bungled it.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I mentioned David Savard as a target a few pages back, and Kypreos mentioned him as a target yesterday as well.

Would he make sense retained? I think he's a perfect playoff type defenseman we need on the backend

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan

Is Samsonov going to be here next year? At this point it seems unlikely - thus making the probable Fleury retirement irrelevant. Why do the Leafs do this? They want to win. Fleury has a better track record. Fleury has playoff experience. If for some reason the Leafs aren't playing Woll in the playoffs I'd rather Fleury over Samsonov 10/10 times. If Woll is struggling I'd rather him have Fleury helping him get over with his wealth of experience it than Samsonov who most likely wants Woll to struggle so he can re-gain the net. That is personal opinion though. As far as assets go - I suggested downgrading a 3rd round pick to a 4th. If that is too much for you to stomach I apologize.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022

An experienced veteran would be better at grooming Woll than Sammy would. I wouldn't give up any assets though, aside from Sammy.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Antti Raanta just hit waivers...
Might be interesting to see if a team values the previous history and current contract more than the overall situation thus far this season. Don't know if I'd want said team to be Toronto though.

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
Raanta's best days are unfortunately behind him. Thirty-four, .854 this season behind a blueline with guys like Slavin and Pesce.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Is Samsonov going to be here next year? At this point it seems unlikely - thus making the probable Fleury retirement irrelevant. Why do the Leafs do this? They want to win. Fleury has a better track record. Fleury has playoff experience. If for some reason the Leafs aren't playing Woll in the playoffs I'd rather Fleury over Samsonov 10/10 times. If Woll is struggling I'd rather him have Fleury helping him get over with his wealth of experience it than Samsonov who most likely wants Woll to struggle so he can re-gain the net. That is personal opinion though. As far as assets go - I suggested downgrading a 3rd round pick to a 4th. If that is too much for you to stomach I apologize.
No need, I enjoy your opinions. I don’t always agree but you bring interesting points and you never sound like a broken record. :)

I will just say that I think we are better served using 3rd or 4th rounders for pieces we will carry forward.

Agree that unless Samsonov turns it around big time and quick he’s gone, and even then we may have our 1A in Woll. If that’s the case I’d be curious to see what Hildeby can do between now and the TDL, seeing where samsonov’s game, and what goalie options are available then.

Cheers my friend.

Reactions: Americanadian

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
No need, I enjoy your opinions. I don’t always agree but you bring interesting points and you never sound like a broken record. :)

I will just say that I think we are better served using 3rd or 4th rounders for pieces we will carry forward.

Agree that unless Samsonov turns it around big time and quick he’s gone, and even then we may have our 1A in Woll. If that’s the case I’d be curious to see what Hildeby can do between now and the TDL, seeing where samsonov’s game, and what goalie options are available then.

Cheers my friend.

Hildeby probably would let in 3.5 goals a game.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan

Cheers my friend.
Cheers!

Reactions: LeafSteel

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
What are we expecting guys like

Pesce
Tanev
Skej
Demelo

Go for?
If Stl wants to dump salary I would look at Faulk/parayko

But they seem expensive at 6.5 million each.

I would rather try for 2 of Pesce/demelo/tanev at 4-5 million.

Reilly. Tanev
Xxxx. Demelo
McCabe Lilly
But would need a puck mover
Faulk has 50pts and pp2.

I wonder if you try to get a skej/pesce pair?

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
What are we expecting guys like

Pesce
Tanev
Skej
Demelo

Go for?
If Stl wants to dump salary I would look at Faulk/parayko

But they seem expensive at 6.5 million each.

I would rather try for 2 of Pesce/demelo/tanev at 4-5 million.
Demelo will be the best value/dollar. I don't think Tanev will get overpaid but any term is risky given his age and injury history. Pesce will most likely be overpaid. I would imagine Demelo can find a 4x4 deal. He's been awesome since he arrived in Winnipeg.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Demelo will be the best value/dollar. I don't think Tanev will get overpaid but any term is risky given his age and injury history. Pesce will most likely be overpaid. I would imagine Demelo can find a 4x4 deal. He's been awesome since he arrived in Winnipeg.

Ya I want him I think the most out of all of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad