Speculation: Trade Speculation Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Why do we talk about Semin on the daily basis? He's not here and not coming here. Move on.

A 1st line winger who is great on the PP and a UFA next season. Not to mention he is extremely undervalued (hated) by the Canadian media. He is exactly what this team needed after Parise left.

apice3*

A 1st line winger who is great on the PP and a UFA next season. Not to mention he is extremely undervalued (hated) by the Canadian media. He is exactly what this team needed after Parise left.

What's your point? He didn't sign here and the more people complain about it the more irritating it gets.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Lou needs to go if he believes in the Russian stereotypes. These are freaking NHL superstars. They are all hard working and team players. The Kings were the only other team to offer Kovy a contract and our contract was significantly higher.

It is possible to believe that Kovy wasn't a Devils type player even without buying into the Russian stereotypes. And Lou never bought into those anyway. This is the GM that brought in Mogilny, Brylin Nemchinov, etc. It is absurd to accuse him of believing stereotypes.

What I'm saying is, without Kovy already being on the team, there's no way Lou would have made an offer that high. You don't back up the Brinks truck for a player whose habits and coachability and locker room presence you don't know. Doesn't matter where he's from.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
What's your point? He didn't sign here and the more people complain about it the more irritating it gets.

I won't be surprised if we sign him this offseason.

Semin - Henrique - Kovy
Elias - Zajac - Zubrus (shut down line)

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Would you give him a 9/10m cap hit ? Cause unless he takes 7-8 to stay in Pitt that's what it's going to take.

My opinion doesn't count, I'm biased. I'd give him what he's worth, aka the only player able to peak higher than Crosby. I said peak. But health is a concern. F it, I still want him.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
It is possible to believe that Kovy wasn't a Devils type player even without buying into the Russian stereotypes. And Lou never bought into those anyway. This is the GM that brought in Mogilny, Brylin Nemchinov, etc. It is absurd to accuse him of believing stereotypes.

What I'm saying is, without Kovy already being on the team, there's no way Lou would have made an offer that high. You don't back up the Brinks truck for a player whose habits and coachability and locker room presence you don't know. Doesn't matter where he's from.

I thought it was the owner that was pushing for that contract to sign Kovy and not Lou. And there is no such thing as a "devil type" player. It is just some media created BS. There have been a ton of successful devil players with all different styles.

apice3*

Or he can bolt like the selfish player he was made out to be.

He's a wildcard.

Also, I don't believe he would thrive here like he is in Carolina. We don't have Eric Staal.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I bet it will be Lou's fault if we don't

It would be stupid on Lou's part to not at least see what price it will take. 1 year 7 million deal is a steal. I would give him a 3/18 million or even 4/24 million deal.

Over the last 5 years and 307 regular season games.

131 goals, 170 assists, and +110 +/-

I can't think of a player who is as productive and isn't beloved.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Or he can bolt like the selfish player he was made out to be.

He's a wildcard.

Also, I don't believe he would thrive here like he is in Carolina. We don't have Eric Staal.

How is it selfish if he bolts? He should go the team that offers him the most money.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I thought it was the owner that was pushing for that contract to sign Kovy and not Lou. And there is no such thing as a "devil type" player. It is just some media created BS. There have been a ton of successful devil players with all different styles.

Media created BS? Come on, that is silly. Media created BS is the trap myth. Devils forwards absolutely do have a minimum acceptable standard of defensive play, and in the past, guys who haven't met the standard have been shipped out.

Lou brought Kovy in via trade and found out that he was willing to mould his game to become a better defensive player. Now he has become a regular on the PK, which is something we all would have laughed at when he was in Atlanta. He has also cleaned up his positional defence and puck responsibility by a whole lot too. Lou only knew that this transformation was possible because Kovy was on the team for those months. If he was just seeing Kovy hit the UFA market and had no idea what a transformation Kovy could make, he wouldn't have been nearly as willing to pay him the big money.

And I don't buy the theory that it was all Vanderbeek. Lou knew exactly what he was doing, and he would never stand for meddlesome ownership. Lou has nothing left to prove in the game, he could have retired that summer and nobody would have said a word about it being because he was leaned on by ownership.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I find it funny that everyone blame's Lou for Semin not signing

what if Lou offered him a deal and he didnt want to sign? what more do you want the guy to do?

a signing takes 2 willing participants.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
It would be stupid on Lou's part to not at least see what price it will take. 1 year 7 million deal is a steal. I would give him a 3/18 million or even 4/24 million deal.

Over the last 5 years and 307 regular season games.

131 goals, 170 assists, and +110 +/-

I can't think of a player who is as productive and isn't beloved.

The Capitals fans aren't all crazy. He is inconsistent, plays below his skill level due to laziness, takes selfish penalties, and former teammates aren't all making it up that he wasn't good in the room either. Maybe we could overlook or fix most of those things, but with his asking price, it is a sizable risk. I definitely understand why some want him, but I also understand why others want nothing to do with him.

How is it selfish if he bolts? He should go the team that offers him the most money.

Here I agree with you. He doesn't owe them anything. I have no problem with players being mercenaries as long as they are up front about it. Jagr makes it no secret that he went to Philly and then Dallas purely for the money. That's his right and I have no problem with that. But I do vilify guys like Parise who say it's all about winning and then jump for the money.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Lou needs to go if he believes in the Russian stereotypes. These are freaking NHL superstars. They are all hard working and team players. The Kings were the only other team to offer Kovy a contract and our contract was significantly higher.

lol at the notion Lou believes in 'Russian stereotypes' when he was one of the first if not the first to have Russians on his team (Fetisov, Starikov), he brought over Mogilny when people thought some of the same things about him they did about Kovy a few years ago and he's had some of the most anti-Russian stereotypes in his employ like Brylin and Nemchinov.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
loui.jpg

my wishlist. 90% not happening however. le sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad