Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I think Chia's a complete bozo but this Jimmy Murphy guy is just nonsense. He's not reliable at all

Is he not the main media guy for the Bruins? I have no doubt Chia is looking to trade RNH for that type of return. Completely ruined the entire team and forced us into cap hell. All in less then 3 years. Guy is worse then Mike Milbury!

Crude

Rafters 94
Jul 15, 2007
Edmonton
Is he not the main media guy for the Bruins? I have no doubt Chia is looking to trade RNH for that type of return. Completely ruined the entire team and forced us into cap hell. All in less then 3 years. Guy is worse then Mike Milbury!

Cap hell was inevitable.

hjghkabsdkc

Nov 17, 2017

Nah, that's Fluto Shinzawa, Kevin Dupont, or even to a lesser extent, Joe Haggerty (he broke the Kassian to Montreal trade)

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Heaven F**ing help us....Chia is about to trade RNH.

I've been pro-Chiarelli for the longest time, I've now slipped down to "Chiarelli-neutral" BUT if he dumps RNH for prospects I'll finally be consumed by the dark side and be firmly entrenched in the anti-Chiarelli crowd....

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I've been pro-Chiarelli for the longest time, I've now slipped down to "Chiarelli-neutral" BUT if he dumps RNH for prospects I'll finally be consumed by the dark side and be firmly entrenched in the anti-Chiarelli crowd....
the guy traded Hall, Eberle, 1st + 2nd for what will end up being Adam Larsson.
You tell me what we are going to get for RNH with this guy at the helm.
a 3rd line plug and a 7th Dman is my honest opinion on what Chia will get for RNH.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
a 3rd line plug and a 7th Dman is my honest opinion on what Chia will get for RNH.

The MVP Cap space!!!!!!! Haven't you seen his brother play for the Oilers this year

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

I'm dreading seeing the return...mind you I liked the Hall deal, kind of indifferent to the Eberle deal (but hate he didn't use the savings on another player) and was mad he didn't get Hamonic so what the f*** do I know...haha

Reactions: booyakasha

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I hated the Hall trade, even though it was needed, but Chia got ripped off in value.
Eberle trde was down right disgusting, and among the worst in Oilers history IMO.
1st + 2nd for Reinhart, ....

This guy probably throws $100 dollar bills into his fire place, just to keep his den warm.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I wouldn't put value into what Jimmy Murphy is saying he is notoriously unreliable and if you are in the market for unreliable sources, two unreliable sources (Jimmy Valentine and TreenasOil) say that Chia is now on a short leash and has been expressly told he can't trade RNH.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I wouldn't put value into what Jimmy Murphy is saying he is notoriously unreliable and if you are in the market for unreliable sources, two unreliable sources (Jimmy Valentine and TreenasOil) say that Chia is now on a short leash and has been expressly told he can't trade RNH.

Isn't this what was said about MacT and trading Hall shortly before MacT was fired?

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Chiarelli still needs time to scout the prospective targets' facebook and twitter accounts, to see if they are generally likeable people who would be easy to get along with in a locker room, before pulling the trigger on the RNH trade. Because if a player is likeable, even if he isn't very good, well, that's just swell.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
No more Islanders D unless it's Leddy. Wouldn't want to trade with Boston either after the crap they pulled with Doggie. If we win the trade by a landslide then sure.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Or he didn't want to risk the possibility of him struggling even more this season sabotaging whatever value he or his partner in crime Nugent-Hopkins had left.

There was also the possibility Connor McDavid's agent takes us to the cleaners like he had every opportunity to do. How does that effect our leverage in any deal where it's EVEN MORE blatantly obvious that we need his cap hit off of the books? There's also the Draisaitl scenario that you're so fond of. It was a risk to hold onto Eberle because it was becoming clear to everyone he was a dead man walking.

As I said, Eberle's cap savings immediately went into Russell pocket, so the cap space argument doesn't fly.

You may not like Strome but he's a young player who fills a necessary role and covers a significant amount of Eberle's production at a fraction of the price.

Eberle is significantly better in just about every statistical category and it's not close.

You may not like Russell, but as it's been reiterated over and over again, he was a cheap and calculated alternative to what was available on the market this summer. We didn't have the assets to get Hjalmarsson, nor were we willing to give up the futures for Hamonic. Demers? Expensive unknown garbage. What were the alternatives?

I dunno, they could have tried negotiating with Russell for a better deal. Not sure how he walks away with money AND term AND an NMC in the first hours of free agency given reports are he wanted to stay in Alberta.

Last edited:

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Oh they for sure count, but just take a look at what teams he was putting up points against.

Jordan Eberle 2016-17 Game Log | Hockey-Reference.com

Calgary, which we crushed all year, Colorado which everyone crushed, and Vancouver, which once again everyone crushed. He managed to hit 20 goals with 12 coming against non playoff teams, 4 against Calgary, and 4 against playoff teams. Wow... what an absolute beast.

McDavid wracked up 49 points, almost half his total, against non playoff teams, plus 7 more against Calgary. What a fraud.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
As I said, Eberle's cap savings immediately went into Russell pocket, so the cap space argument doesn't fly.
I'm assuming you mean Russell's pocket but point taken. Regardless of who that money went to, it went to addressing the defense that ultimately had to be addressed. We can argue on and on about the terms and conditions of the Russell deal but so far, he's held up his end of the bargain. It was a calculated risk when you consider his last season here was more or less a success. It was either that or the unknown, which was pretty unappealing this summer.

As for Strome, yes he's less of a producer than Jordan. Everyone expected that. But he's capable of producing between 50-60% of Eberle's annual production and he can do it playing third line center. And that is at half the cost.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Aren't you supposed to go into cap hell AFTER you've won a cup or 2? Oilers have to be the only team that I can recall that goes into cap hell nearly every year and finish near the bottom. Talk about getting crap value for your signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad