Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorrectOpinion

Mar 8, 2016
I used to like when they put Paul with Brady for a few shifts and they would regain physical control and be a menace on the forecheck. And Kastelic was in that role the other day. Playing with Brady. He seems to be making a case that he could take the Nick Paul role. Maybe not quite there yet but i like how he's coming along.
Hope you are roght but I have a hard time imaging Kastelic ever being that effective.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
I believe in the summer new ownership is going to want a big splash to show fans they aren’t messing around.
My belief is it will be EK.. he will sell tickets
The only way I see this happening is during this season, if the team is in the playoff hunt. If they miss the playoffs and the honeymoon phase is done then cooler heads will prevail and they wont add 33 year old making that kind of money.

I also think that Dorion is more likely to want to trade for Karlsson than a fresh GM and the farther we get from today the more likely he is gone.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I believe in the summer new ownership is going to want a big splash to show fans they aren’t messing around.
My belief is it will be EK.. he will sell tickets
Current ownership made 2 massive splashes already.

If new ownership comes in and their first thought is to make a big splash we are in big trouble

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
If Byram is healthy as assessed by league doctors; I would take this and run.
Keeps Ottawa's books incredibly balanced and flexible when the top guns(Stu, Chabot, Tkachuk, Norris) contracts are in.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Karlsson looks like he cares again and it shows on the ice with his performance.

He’s looking amazing again
Doesn't this alone make it terrifying to take on a contract like that? The fact that it revolves around him caring? Especially when you take into account his history here and the leadership and room component.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Doesn't this alone make it terrifying to take on a contract like that? The fact that it revolves around him caring? Especially when you take into account his history here and the leadership and room component.

Absolutely it does and why I don’t want him here.

I posted weeks ago about knowing someone that’s spent time around Karlsson. He runs really hot and cold with his give a F meter when it comes to hockey. He doesn’t really love it he’s just really good at it.

I got crucified for my take but here we are

Reactions: NB613, bert and GCK

Loach

Jun 9, 2021

I posted weeks ago about knowing someone that’s spent time around Karlsson. He runs really hot and cold with his give a F meter when it comes to hockey. He doesn’t really love it he’s just really good at it.

Maybe he has matured. Being hurt for that stretch of time took away something that he just did naturally, without thinking about, then he couldn't do it anymore. Now he is healthy, his family is healthy. A little bit of peace for them. I don't know. I'm not giving a reason why we should try and get him. Just a thought.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Wonder if any of Fabbro or Jokiharju would be available/worthwhile adds. I kinda like Jokiharju, I liked Fabbro a lot but haven't watched much of the Preds in a while.
Trading Chabot would be very silly.

He's part of the core, and will likely be Conn Smythe candidate on any playoff run we make.
People underestimate the mental/habitual impact of playing way too much for 3 straight years.

Watch a few Habs games and you will see the brilliantly talented, wise-beyond-his-years, responsible C Nick Suzuki allowing bad, soft habits to creep into his game after just two months of consistent, 20+ min (and as high as 25.5 min) games.

Chabot is probably still physically rebounding from the last three years, and I am pretty confident that he is rebounding mentally/habitually. Not to say he's fed up and discouraged and broken, but you don't just unlearn bad habits.

Trading Chabot would be a very difficult move to win.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I don’t think anything tops the takes of the fans that want to trade away one of the best contracts in the league in Batherson.

Trading Chabot is still a pretty bad idea though. I love Karlsson more than the average fan.

I don’t see a realistic scenario where San Jose retains more than 2m a year for 5 years remaining on that deal. Karlsson is going to be 33 the prime is ending and when he can’t bring offence he loses a lot of his value . I am fine not fixating on a dream reunion . Karlsson has already built a legacy here and his number will be rightly retired for it, but we gotta move on and focus on trying to win a cup

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

I think that was in large part because the specific anecdote you provided was that he didn't want to chat about hockey in the offseason and fair to say that doesnt give any reasonable conclusions. Lots of athletes probably feel the same. If theres more to it so be it, but Ifound that a little silly.

My brother and I work together. We have a strict understanding to never ever bring up work outside of working hours. Seems reasonable to me.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Lol at questioning Karlssons competitive drive and desire to win.

No other Senator in history won the team more games and I doubt anyone sacrificed more of himself either.

And at the same time Brady is some ultra proven Jordan-esque alpha leader to the same people 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad