Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
sure but there is additional cost for the next 4?

I am just curious why we think contracts are frozen for this year. I suspect there is some budget in place that Dorion is allowed to move within. He has been trying to add Chychrun or someone else for a while so it must be possible

keeping your best players is good business. In theory this signing helps with the sale since he makes the team better.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
keeping your best players is good business. In theory this signing helps with the sale since he makes the team better.
Then the same could be said about adding better players no?

I personally don't think a few million changing hands will mean much to the new owner. If I had to guess there is a set budget in place and Dorion can work within those parameters. I suspect Dorion can sell pieces off too if the sens are too far out of it if needed

The new owners probably won't put their finger print on the team till the summer.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

I am just curious why we think contracts are frozen for this year. I suspect there is some budget in place that Dorion is allowed to move within. He has been trying to add Chychrun or someone else for a while so it must be possible
Until the sale is complete or at least the next owner is identified I would think costs are locked.

Reactions: bert

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Until the sale is complete or at least the next owner is identified I would think costs are locked.
So the sens can add cost for the new owner for the next 4 years but can't for the current ownership group for this year?

It makes more sense that there is a budget in place. How one uses probably does not matter to the new owners as long as they know what the budget $$ value is.

anyways any move for a top 4 D probably means Z is going the other way

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
So the sens can add cost for the new owner for the next 4 years but can't for the current ownership group for this year?

It makes more sense that there is a budget in place. How one uses probably does not matter to the new owners as long as they know what the budget $$ value is.

It’s more about current owners. Why would they cut into their profit by spending additional dollars this year. If there is the potential for playoff revenue at the TDL then I could see them green lighting an add.

Reactions: Micklebot

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Pretty minimal increase next year too, he's only getting 4 mil in cash compared to 3.25 this year.
I’d be surprised if there isn’t a commitment from potential owners to Bettman that they will fully fund a cap team for a certain amount of years. The Senators have been a stain on the league for several years and I think he would want the momentum to continue right through to the new rink.

Reactions: Cosmix and bert

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I don’t agree lol. Other fans don’t care about other teams rebuilds. They see us later place for several years and this year Hype followed by more basement in the standings. We are getting made fun of more than we are being commended for our rebuild
I wasn’t talking about fans. Fans don’t really factor into roster and personnel moves in this manner.

The league loves fans complaining and arguing because it means they are fanatical and engaged, but they don’t give their opinions the time of day.

When you listen to what pundits, players, and colour guys from other teams say about us, it is generally flattering in terms of our progress and core.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Dorian has already said he’s gone to the board to up this years budget in the summer, when he acquired the 3 players.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Dorian has already said he’s gone to the board to up this years budget in the summer, when he acquired the 3 players.
I think Z goes back in a deal for a defensemen

It’s more about current owners. Why would they cut into their profit by spending additional dollars this year. If there is the potential for playoff revenue at the TDL then I could see them green lighting an add.
true that's a good point

Z probably has to go back in a deal

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

If you look at any large business transactions ever costs are locked. This isnt adding this is securing an asset, way different situation and far more simple. Its something that had to be addressed not a need. Dorion is a gonner as soon as this is done they arent going to let him make any big decisions.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
What's the point of this other than giving away more futures?

I honestly don’t know. I really don’t understand the report of Dorion phoning Davidson about Jones.

I can’t see how we could make it work cap wise is the hardest part I’m grappling with. My internal speed sheet is not lining up.

We could definitely use his size on the back end though.

And now we see why Dorion phoned. A little gamesmanship from our GM.

Reactions: bert

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I honestly don’t know. I really don’t understand the report of Dorion phoning Davidson about Jones.

I can’t see how we could make it work cap wise is the hardest part I’m grappling with. My internal speed sheet is not lining up.

We could definitely use his size on the back end though.

And now we see why Dorion phoned. A little gamesmanship from our GM.
50% retention with Z going back they can def make it work.

Chicago probably was not down for that kind of retention

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Or Zaitsev is going elsewhere to make room on the roster, at a cost of future draft picks.

Reactions: NB613 and HSF

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
agreed but I don't Joseph has to go in a deal just yet. He can be moved in the summer or even next year
Agreed! More that they both need to be off the books in order to re-sign our more important players (ie - people whos role better matches their salary) and trade for RD.

Reactions: HSF

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Hopefully Miromanov breaking out for Vegas will increase the likelihood of Whitecloud becoming available this off-season.

They already have Pietrangelo, Theodore (likes playing his off-side) and Whitecloud at RD, with Martinez, Hague and McNabb at LD.

Vegas was reportedly interested in taking a flyer on Formenton, but given the Sens were apparently asking for a 2nd and couldn't get one, he certainly wouldn't be enough to get Whitecloud straight up. I would offer Formenton + 2nd + a bit more for Whitecloud.

If that's not enough I'd consider putting Greig on the table. McCrimmon is obsessed with collecting every Brandon Wheat King he can and I doubt Greig would be an exception.

Would be the perfect finishing piece to the defense. Solid 26 year old defensive RD that is signed for 5 more years at only 2.75M per. Played with Chabot at the World Championships last year and looked good doing it.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Hopefully Miromanov breaking out for Vegas will increase the likelihood of Whitecloud becoming available this off-season.

They already have Pietrangelo, Theodore (likes playing his off-side) and Whitecloud at RD, with Martinez, Hague and McNabb at LD.

Vegas was reportedly interested in taking a flyer on Formenton, but given the Sens were apparently asking for a 2nd and couldn't get one, he certainly wouldn't be enough to get Whitecloud straight up. I would offer Formenton + 2nd + a bit more for Whitecloud.

If that's not enough I'd consider putting Greig on the table. McCrimmon is obsessed with collecting every Brandon Wheat King he can and I doubt Greig would be an exception.

Would be the perfect finishing piece to the defense. Solid 26 year old defensive RD that is signed for 5 more years at only 2.75M per. Played with Chabot at the World Championships last year and looked good doing it.
Not at the expense of Greig, no thank you.

Love Whitecloud as well but Ridley is essential to our lineup going forward, given that Formenton is gonezo.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I've been in the acquire Whitecloud camp for a couple years. He fits.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Not at the expense of Greig, no thank you.

Love Whitecloud as well but Ridley is essential to our lineup going forward, given that Formenton is gonezo.

A 2nd pairing RD is more essential than a 3rd line LW, which is what Greig would be long-term if we re-sign ADB.

I have more faith in Sokolov/Jarventie/Crookshank being able to successfully occupy that role in a year or two than I do JBD/Thomson as a top 4 D.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Karlsson looks like he cares again and it shows on the ice with his performance.

He’s looking amazing again
He is just a monster right now
1G 3A vs Wild
We had to wait until the game was out of reach to score one last Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad