Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2018-2019

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Does everyone agree that Boro should be getting top six minutes? Not convinced at this point it is necessary. Would like to see what else could be done in that spot. Not sure I like him for every game.
He was good last season. So let’s see. If Boucher really is changing his system to a more fast paced offensive style then boro may find himself on the outside looking in.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
There is no possible scenario in which Borowiecki is not playing every game.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He was good last season. So let’s see. If Boucher really is changing his system to a more fast paced offensive style then boro may find himself on the outside looking in.

Boro was better last year. I will have to see Boucher change his stripes to believe it.

Reactions: aragorn

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Hell at this point I'd be happy with Sergachev straight up.

Kid has some kinks to work out but my god is he talented. Could be an #1 D in the OEL mold capable of 15-20G and 50-60P per season.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

Does this "Boucher ... is changing his system to a more fast paced offensive style.." concept have a credible origin?

I think this is wishful thinking on the part of the fans, and I'll believe it when (if) I see it.

I also think it's very questionable whether the Sens "have the horses" on this years roster to be competitive with that approach.

Reactions: aragorn

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Does this "Boucher ... is changing his system to a more fast paced offensive style.." concept have a credible origin?

I think this is wishful thinking on the part of the fans, and I'll believe it when (if) I see it.

I also think it's very questionable whether the Sens "have the horses" on this years roster to be competitive with that approach.

He's been given a new mandate from his GM, and he's be a fool not to follow it.

He will coach a system that meets the mandate laid out to him, before it was determined whether or not he'd serve his third year of his contract.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
He's been given a new mandate from his GM, and he's be a fool not to follow it.

He will coach a system that meets the mandate laid out to him, before it was determined whether or not he'd serve his third year of his contract.
Just quoting this so in mid October I can point out we're still playing 1-3-1 and virtually nothing changed on our power play.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

I would be surprised if teams like Edmonton and Anaheim weren't at least willing to consider trading Lucic or Perry for Ryan. Ryan certainly has a bad contract but there is likely a few teams that are willing to ship another bad contract back. I doubt that Ryan is impossible to trade.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I would be surprised if teams like Edmonton and Anaheim weren't at least willing to consider trading Lucic or Perry for Ryan. Ryan certainly has a bad contract but there is likely a few teams that are willing to ship another bad contract back. I doubt that Ryan is impossible to trade.
Did you want me to relay that message? You could ask him, but, I think he probably means among the teams in on Karlsson.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Did you want me to relay that message? You could ask him, but, I think he probably means among the teams in on Karlsson.

Oh...That makes more sense. I thought he was claiming that there is no market for Ryan and that he couldn't get moved at all. I have thought for a while now that the only way he was getting shipped out was for another bad contract.

There is a worthwhile debate as to whether it is the best course of action to trade Ryan for Lucic, Perry or some other bad contract. It is a different issue if that isn't even a possibility worth considering. If Ryan couldn't be traded at all that would be a much bigger issue.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

And then what's the point of trading Ryan if you need to retain 3.5M? Ryan at 3.5M is a at the very least a fair deal. He's not the best player out there but I would easily take him over the UFAs that have signed in that range this summer.

If it's for a change of scenery, which would honestly be needed for both sides, I do understand that but on the other hand why include Ryan in a Karlsson deal at all if you're willing to trade him and retain 50%. I think the best option with Ryan is let him play this season with a bigger role, give him PP minutes where he can put up points and hopefully by the deadline a team would be willing to make a move at 50%.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Just quoting this so in mid October I can point out we're still playing 1-3-1 and virtually nothing changed on our power play.

The thing that will drive me nuts -- and I mean absolutely, off the charts bonkers -- is if I see our d-men chipping it off the glass or hoisting it out of our zone when they have plenty of time and space to make a reasonable breakout pass. SO conservative, and it is effectively a giveaway every time we do it. You just can't compete in the NHL in 2018 if you do that.

To me that was the biggest thing we did last year that we HADN'T done in 2016/2017.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Unless he gets hurt.

This is what I think as well, the way Boro plays it's most likely that he will not play 82 games & given his history of concussion problems last yr it's even more likely he won't play 50 games this season. I see him as a 7th D anyway as his time here in Ottawa winds down & the way the NHL is going with PMD his days are numbered. Ottawa finally has other choices for that 3rd pairing that should be able to fill in whenever Boro is injured. It's also most likely that any EK trade would return a D who can play now.

Connecting the dots a bit, if no team is going to take on Ryan, which according to rumours was the reason Melnyk vetoed the deal to Tampa, I could see Dorion circling back to Yzerman to try to work out another deal involving Sergachev.

Give me Sergachev and an asset or two over 6 B-level assets from Dallas.

It's quite possible that Yzerman & all the other GMs are willing to play the waiting game until PD folds. PD will either have to give what Karlsson wants, if he still wants to stay here or make a deal for less than he wants if he doesn't want to lose EK for nothing after the season. It's great to ask for Sergachev but what if that is a none starter for Yzerman? Where does PD go from there?

My guess is that no team is willing to give up their best prospects in a deal for EK. LV doesn't want to give up Glass, Tampa doesn't want to give up Sergachev & Dallas doesn't want to give up Heiskanen in any deal than what does PD do? It's easy for us to make demands but if those players are simply not on the table & EK still intends to walk at the end of the season what can PD do? PD could be stuck between a rock & a hard place & may need a miracle to drop into his lap to rectify this conundrum of getting a fair return that will please the fan base. It would be nice to know the truth if EK wants to stay or not & whether the owner is willing to pay him what he thinks he deserves or not. My guess is NO in both cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad