Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2018-2019

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Just curious and for discussions sake, would anyone do Karlsson + Ryan for Seguin? Both UFA’s after this season. Ya Dallas gets the better player but we get rid of Bobby

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Just curious and for discussions sake, would anyone do Karlsson + Ryan for Seguin? Both UFA’s after this season. Ya Dallas gets the better player but we get rid of Bobby
No!!!

Our D would be the worst in the NHL without EK.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Signed Seguin? Yes.

Unsigned Seguin? Since it seems like we can't sign the pending UFA's we do have, we likely can't sign Seguin either.

I say no and trade Karlsson (+Duchene & Stone) for future pieces unless Seguin comes with an extension in place.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Karlsson for Subban right before training camp?

CjL9GkaXEAAl-P1

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If Karlsson stays on past training camp, you'd have to think we'd acquire a top 4 defender somehow. Even if its a borderline one.

You can't keep EK and then do absolutely nothing with the D as well.

I firmly believe Chabot will breakout and score 35-45 points and be a rock for us but we would still need some sort of adequate pylon to play with EK even if its until the deadline. We know EK is coming in healthy and with so much to prove so he'll carry this team far. A top 4 would legit put us in playoff drive, especially if Anderson puts up an adequate .915.

Not adding a top 4, AND keeping EK, would set us up for an 10th place finish without even a first rounder.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If Karlsson stays on past training camp, you'd have to think we'd acquire a top 4 defender somehow. Even if its a borderline one.

You can't keep EK and then do absolutely nothing with the D as well.

I firmly believe Chabot will breakout and score 35-45 points and be a rock for us but we would still need some sort of adequate pylon to play with EK even if its until the deadline. We know EK is coming in healthy and with so much to prove so he'll carry this team far. A top 4 would legit put us in playoff drive, especially if Anderson puts up an adequate .915.

Not adding a top 4, AND keeping EK, would set us up for an 10th place finish without even a first rounder.

If we keep Karlsson, I'd bet they are thinking they've got Ceci and Chabot who can play 22 minutes a night away from Karlsson, and because Karl is so good, they can fill the left D spot beside him by commission while Karl plays 27 minutes a night.

If Chabot+Ceci are one pair and are always together, similar to Ceci+Phaneuf, then we have Harpur, Wolanin, and Borowiecki all splitting minutes next to Karlsson.

Harpur is the closest thing we have to a D on the left side who is NHL ready and might be able to be the conservative stay at home guy next to Karlsson. But he's a huge question mark as far as whether he can play at the level needed to maintain that role.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
If we keep Karlsson, I'd bet they are thinking they've got Ceci and Chabot who can play 22 minutes a night away from Karlsson, and because Karl is so good, they can fill the left D spot beside him by commission while Karl plays 27 minutes a night.

If Chabot+Ceci are one pair and are always together, similar to Ceci+Phaneuf, then we have Harpur, Wolanin, and Borowiecki all splitting minutes next to Karlsson.

Harpur is the closest thing we have to a D on the left side who is NHL ready and might be able to be the conservative stay at home guy next to Karlsson. But he's a huge question mark as far as whether he can play at the level needed to maintain that role.

Harpur doesn't really cut it as 65's partner. That pairing can really use a Methot so that EK can dictate/join offense. Harpur is not a 20 mins a game player, more of a rotational guy as the 7th man.

I have decent hopes for Wolanin, but his game isn't suited for the Methot role.

Crime Master Boro shouldn't play more than 3rd pairing minutes, and he plays those minutes tough. Boro can be very effective playing hard shifts in 16ish minute TOI.

To begin the season, I do see different EK partners to start the season, but with these guys it seems futile. I hope Boucher can come up with a plan to device a game around Karlsson and a non shutdown guy (like the rookie Wolanin) to stabilize the first pairing with the types of assets available.

PS: Wolanin-Ceci is a disaster waiting to happen. Chabot-Ceci may work with some initial pain. Wideman-Boro may work fine (with a bit of pain) if Wideman is fully healthy and gets his form back quickly.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Nah this abomination of Wolanin and Harper won't cut it.

No offense to them but that's the best d in the league, give him a borderline top 4 guy at least, let alone a borderline bottom pair guy. Wolanin is nice but keep him sheltered.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

No offense to them but that's the best d in the league, give him a borderline top 4 guy at least, let alone a borderline bottom pair guy. Wolanin is nice but keep him sheltered.

I agree, but it's not going to happen without sacrificing else where. Unless Gaborik is insured, and is gonna retire injured ala MacArthur, we're already at 68 million dollars spent. That's been our budget the past two or three seasons. While there's been no confirmation it's still our budget this season, there's also no reason to believe our budget has been raised.

I think the strategy this season is hope and pray that 14-15 repeats itself and we have a whole bunch of young players take the next step throughout the lineup in order to help us fill the gaps that we can't fill due to our budgetary issues. Calling it a strategy is probably wrong, because it's our only option.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015

Lol this is Dorion and the ottawa senators we are talking about. When was the last time we actually had more than 2 legit top 4 d?

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Does everyone agree that Boro should be getting top six minutes? Not convinced at this point it is necessary. Would like to see what else could be done in that spot. Not sure I like him for every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad