Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals XV: MacT Throw Us a Friggin Bone Here!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zap Brannigan

May 23, 2004
The Oilers are much better off with Luke Gazdic, a player that takes up negligible cap space, is physical, tough, actively tries to improve his game, knows and accepts his role, fills a need on this team, and works hard. Ales Hemsky is one of the most overpaid players in the NHL, soft, oft-injured, goes offside whenever possible even after 10 NHL seasons, pouted for a good season and a half about his role, is redundant and in the way, and is easily the laziest player to put on an Oilers jersey in the past decade bar Patrick O'Sullivan.

Good lord. Ice a team of 23 Gazdics and 23 Hemskys and see who wins.

HINT: It won't be the one with the knuckledragging face puncher

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Just sign Phaneuf, Girardi, Orpik and Kulemin in the off season. Trade Eberle for E.Kane.

Hall-Gagner-Kane
Gazdic-RNH-Yakupov
Perron-Gordon-Kulemin
Jones-Lander-Pitlick

Orpik-Phaneuf
Nurse-Girardi
Ference-Petry

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
this team will never win with RNH and Gagner tandem down the middle, emphasis on the Gagner... and yes, again, I have my crystal ball to see. Simple as that.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Replacing Gagner with a bigger, tougher 2C solves a lot of problems. I think we only need to add two guys to the top 9, like Steve Ott and Nikolai Kulemin or something. A pipe dream would be Couturier.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
On the main trade forum they are discussing the Bruins moving a D. One of the ideas pitched was Smitty (possibly @ half price) + pick (3rd or 4th) for McQuaid. Adds some toughness and a solid stay at home guy, as well as a guy familiar with Ference who has also won a cup. And the best part is, Smitty gets one last legit shot at raising the cup.

Thoughts?

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG

Is it normal for a fan of a team to spew so much hatred towards a certain player?

PS That logic is complete ******** and you know it.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
There's so many holes on this team that's is frightening.
It's not that there are so many as it is the holes are difficult to fill. Glaring holes at least are1 top pairing D man, a large 2C (although I could settle for a top six forward with size and skill) and a young capable goaltender. That being said every other team wants those things as well.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007

First of all, the 23 Hemskys will cost you 102 million more than the 23 Gazdics. So dollar for dollar the team of "knuckledragging face punchers" will be a better team. Secondly, Gazdic is a role player. That means he's meant to support star players. Hemsky has not displayed even a speck of evidence that he can be a role player. Hell, he's shown he can't even play in a top 6 role anymore.

Oi'll say!

Read this now!
Nov 18, 2002
Oil in 9
Visit site
I honestly dont see MacT hanging on to the first pick ..
Its gonna be a small skill player + 2014 1st for a big mobile gritty player ..
I like the idea of a big mobile gritty player, but I don't see the Oilers trading the 1st rnd pick.

1) Soooo much potential for that to blow up in their faces. If that pick turns into an HOF player it's a 15 year mistake.
2) Watch Ekblad in this wjc and then decide if u want to trade that pick away. Him and nurse could be the perfect compliment to each other's game, and they're both huge. The Oilers could suddenly have an elite top pairing 5 years from now.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Hall-RNH-Perron
Yakupov-Reinhart-Eberle
Ott-Gordon-Smyth
Gazdic-Boyle-Reaves

Ference-Girardi
Gardiner-J. Schultz
Nurse-Stuart

New Goalie
Bachman

Would you not at least look at that team and say playoffs are possible?

Sorry, but I'd say not possible.

2nd line is still too soft, Yakupov and Eberle have no chemistry and now were hoping yet another high pick will bail us out.
Smyth shouldn't be resigned (I know he's been a lot better lately but there's just too many miles on him),
Gardiner-Schultz are a disaster waiting to happen
Still no goalie

Not convinced Nurse would be ready, but maybe.

Byakin1

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
Trade Gagner for Franson
Sign Kulemin
Sign Ott
Sign Legwand
Trade Hemsky for Hatnell
Trade Eberle, Klefbom, Musil/Gernat, 2014 1st pick, 2014 2nd pick for Shea Weber

Hall RNH Perron
Yak Legwand Hartnell
Kulemin Gordon Ott
Gadzic Lander. Joenssu

Weber Franson
Petry Ferrence
Belov J.Shultz

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

I got money on the Gazdic's team. The Hemsky team would over handle the puck continually, take shots that would miss the net, and have no hustle in general when going for a line change giving the Gazdic team several odd man rushes. Hemsky is the most overrated Oiler this year, if I was a GM I would maybe trade a 3rd for him and thats being generous.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I got money on the Gazdic's team. The Hemsky team would over handle the puck continually, take shots that would miss the net, and have no hustle in general when going for a line change giving the Gazdic team several odd man rushes. Hemsky is the most overrated Oiler this year, if I was a GM I would maybe trade a 3rd for him and thats being generous.

LOL, Hemsky has flaws in his game, but c'mon. He'd win that fairly easily.

Hemsky will probably get a 3rd, and the Oilers should just as well take it, Hemmer still has some spark in his game but it's been sucked dry by all the ugliness in this franchise.

If I was Pittsburgh and I could get him for a 3rd .... sure why not. You need to have depth on your wings for a playoff run.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
I mean, I give credit to Hemsky for playing harder and somewhat caring this year more than past years, but it's clear that the ship has sailed.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
LOL, Hemsky has flaws in his game, but c'mon. He'd win that fairly easily.

Hemsky will probably get a 3rd, and the Oilers should just as well take it, Hemmer still has some spark in his game but it's been sucked dry by all the ugliness in this franchise.

If I was Pittsburgh and I could get him for a 3rd .... sure why not. You need to have depth on your wings for a playoff run.

I dunno, to me he makes bone headed play all over the ice every night. Also hate that he casually goes for a line change, instead of taking a few hard strides and getting back quick.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I dunno, to me he makes bone headed play all over the ice every night. Also hate that he casually goes for a line change, instead of taking a few hard strides and getting back quick.

To a degree I'm sure he's tuned out, but losing this many games over 5-6 years will impact any player's morale.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
I can't believe someone said Gazdic is better for this team than Hemsky. Gazdic's best asset is his ability to punch people in the face. We saw in the last game he could barely take a pass from Yakupov, meanwhile Hemsky is a legit NHL player, probably not a 1st liner anymore, but a good 2nd liner.

The point is, I'd be all for keeping Hemsky but with Eberle, Yakupov, and even Perron spending time on RW (the most interesting thing imo), he's gone at the deadline. The thing is to acquire legit NHL players, and despite my own belief that fighting is pointless, it's clear the Oilers management has a spot on the roster for this type of player, and I just gotta accept that.

I would rather prefer a more useful forward to play ~10 minutes pking, or have an ability to score, even Jones-like, but oh well.

Anyways, hopefully we see MacT move a forward for a defenseman around trade deadline, but with his interview saying he's focusing on the draft, I doubt it. I think he only moves the pick for a legit #1 guy, or else picks Ekblad or a big center (Draisaitl).

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Here's the best I can say on Gazdic:

If he's 13th forward on our team, I don't care
If he's not on our team, I don't care
If he's taking a regular 4th line shift, playing 82 GP....I care a little bit, get a PK player

Oi'll say!

Read this now!
Nov 18, 2002
Oil in 9
Visit site
Keep the puck along the boards and the Hemskys will stay on the outside waving their sticks all day. You could kill a whole period waiting for 1 of them to come get it.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I rate this post a 10 out of 10 Picard double face palms.

I think it's absurd when people "face palm" comments and fail to provide a reasoning. Not saying i agree with his point, although it's far better than the one he was responding to, but you should explain the fault in his logic. He's right in saying Hemsky>Gazdic to this team's success, so it's not lie the counter argument is a slam dunk/obvious.

So i'm facepalming you're inability to provide a legitimate counter. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad