Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals XV: MacT Throw Us a Friggin Bone Here!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
that was my point. the Oilers can offer a great winger and prospect package which other teams would be hard pressed to beat....but Nashville should be looking for a centre not a winger....and this really puts the Oilers at a disadvantage.

You can't outbid a Kopitar/Couture/Giroux offer.....not that those teams would offer that....specifically LA since the just won a cup....but just sayin any team with an abundance of top six centres willing to change directions should have us beat.

sorry, i did not quite understand you, my bad

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
How else is Nashville going to fix their forwards? They have had a lack of skilled forwards since the team started in this league.

This is the same logic all other fans use when trying to fix Oilers problems..
How will the Oilers fix the D and G issues without trading one of the big 3. (Yak is out of top tier for now)..

NSH can fix the issue via free agency, trading away picks and by trading away other assets. Weber should be one of the last resorts just like trading Eberle should be one of the last ones for us.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Before the season I thought the Oilers could score their way out of problems. However that has not been the case.

It is extremely appartent with the outcome of this season that one of the forwards has to go.

My bet is that it is Eberle. Already a 76 point season and having a good season points wise this year. My guess is he has some good value around the league. Plus with the emergence of Perron and somewhat Arcobello, Eberle becomes more redundant.

I would also trade Yakupov instead of Eberle if we could get a prime return

My hope is that Eberle (+ other assets if need be) for a top pairing D or #1b. Would like to get Bogosian, or Bogosian equivalent.

Then if we are bad enough this season, draft Ekblad, or if he is gone, trade the pick for a D. Maybe try and get Larsson from NJD.

Bogosian-Petry
Ekblad-Schultz
Klefbom-Belov
Fedun

With Nurse playing another season or 2 in the minors, and Marincin/Simpson/Musil in the wings

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I think getting the Schenns would solve a lot of our problems.

I dont see either one be part of PHI's plan going forward.
Giroux, Lecavalier and Couturier are the C's for atleast the next 5 yrs.
Luke is redundant on that D group and is too expensive to be a 3rd pairing Dman.
PHI would prefer a cheaper more mobile and offensive player.

Luke would be the hits leader on our team by a long shot and Brayden would be the hits leader for forwards.

Not sure what we would be giving up though..

Edit: WPG is not trading Bogosian for Eberle.. Value might be there but the need isnt.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
that was my point. the Oilers can offer a great winger and prospect package which other teams would be hard pressed to beat....but Nashville should be looking for a centre not a winger....and this really puts the Oilers at a disadvantage.

You can't outbid a Kopitar/Couture/Giroux offer.....not that those teams would offer that....specifically LA since the just won a cup....but just sayin any team with an abundance of top six centres willing to change directions should have us beat.

Others teams would be facing the same problems the Oilers are though. Not many teams are willing to give up their young number 1 center for Weber. Phillie won't part ways with Giroux. San Jose won't part ways with Couture, especially with Thornton aging. Which team do you honestly think will give away their number 1 center for a number 1 dmen? You're just creating a hole by fixing a different one. I do agree that the Preds would prefer a center but disagree with those that are saying there is no trade to be made.

In a hypothetical situation, if Oilers luck out and win the lottery...an offer of Sam Reinhart and Jordan Eberle should be a pretty good offer for Shea Weber. Even if we don't win and end up drafting anywhere between 2nd and 5th, the Preds can still pick up another highly skilled forward along with Eberle. There is a trade to be made. Personally, if we have the chance to draft Ekblad, I probably take it and keep Ebs. If not, I look at trading that pick for a number 1/2 dmen. Doesn't necessarily have to be Weber.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I think getting the Schenns would solve a lot of our problems.

I dont see either one be part of PHI's plan going forward.
Giroux, Lecavalier and Couturier are the C's for atleast the next 5 yrs.
Luke is redundant on that D group and is too expensive to be a 3rd pairing Dman.
PHI would prefer a cheaper more mobile and offensive player.

Luke would be the hits leader on our team by a long shot and Brayden would be the hits leader for forwards.

Not sure what we would be giving up though..

Edit: WPG is not trading Bogosian for Eberle.. Value might be there but the need isnt.

Not sure we would need Luke Schenn unless he came extremely cheap to us. He is like Smid 2.0 but will less puck moving ability. I wouldn't mind him on our third pairing but he is also not the type of D we need. We need a D with some puck moving ability.

And if Im dealing with Philly, its for Courtier, who is an ideal fit for our #2C

Disagree that WPG wouldn't move Bogosian. They are also in a rebuild and are likely to make bigger deals to improve.

They also have a pretty good D core with Bogosian-Enstrom-Buff-Trouba and they need some help upfront scoring.

If they really think Trouba can step up quick I bet they would make a deal to get forward help. Its not often a guy like Ebs is avalaible

We could also look to Buffalo and Erhoff, or to NJD and Larsson and Greene

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Not sure we would need Luke Schenn unless he came extremely cheap to us. He is like Smid 2.0 but will less puck moving ability. I wouldn't mind him on our third pairing but he is also not the type of D we need. We need a D with some puck moving ability.

And if Im dealing with Philly, its for Courtier, who is an ideal fit for our #2C

Disagree that WPG wouldn't move Bogosian. They are also in a rebuild and are likely to make bigger deals to improve.

They also have a pretty good D core with Bogosian-Enstrom-Buff-Trouba and they need some help upfront scoring.

If they really think Trouba can step up quick I bet they would make a deal to get forward help. Its not often a guy like Ebs is avalaible

We could also look to Buffalo and Erhoff, or to NJD and Larsson and Greene

they literally just signed the guy to a 7 year deal... i think its safe to say that winnipeg wants to trade him about as badly as we want to trade RNH

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
they literally just signed the guy to a 7 year deal... i think its safe to say that winnipeg wants to trade him about as badly as we want to trade RNH

Things have changed since then. If their GM is feeling the pressure Im sure hell do something drastic.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
We just signed Eberle long term... When you have a chance to improve your team, it doesn't matter

Things have changed since then. If their GM is feeling the pressure Im sure hell do something drastic.

You think swapping Bogosian for Eberle is going to put Jets over the top? or reduce the "pressure on GM" ? I think not.

Bogo is #1D on that team and probably will cost more than Eberle.

They are in the same boat as us.. They need to be patient with the younger guys and hang onto the core.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Just listened to the MacT interview up on Oilers site... I guess we shouldnt expect anything from him for a while.

He is going to focus on the draft ... so it looks like we are officially in tank mode ..
The last answer is also a little alarming where he feels that the product he is presenting to the fans is entertaining enough..

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
You think swapping Bogosian for Eberle is going to put Jets over the top? or reduce the "pressure on GM" ? I think not.

Bogo is #1D on that team and probably will cost more than Eberle.

They are in the same boat as us.. They need to be patient with the younger guys and hang onto the core.

Yes, if the pressure is to find offensive help. Bogosian is a #1b type of guy, who could be 1A if he puts up the points. But he hasn't. I think Bogosian is moveable at the right price

But like I said before, that is what I'd deal Eberle for. If the jets don't want to do it then I move on. Perhaps to the press for one of Weber, Josi, Jones (wed have to add)

Ringo13

Jul 9, 2007
I want this to happen
1) Eberle and j Schultz to Phili for Simmonds and Coburn.
2) way over pay FAs joe Rhornton and Dan Boyle.
3) Gagner for Gunner

Hall RNH. Simmonds
Perron. Thornton. Yak
Joensuu Gordon. Arcobello
Gazdic. Lander. Pitlick

Coburn. Boyle
Petry. Gunner
Ference. Klefbom

Bryz
Dubnyk

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I want this to happen
1) Eberle and j Schultz to Phili for Simmonds and Coburn.
2) way over pay FAs joe Rhornton and Dan Boyle.
3) Gagner for Gunner
Hall RNH. Simmonds
Perron. Thornton. Yak
Joensuu Gordon. Arcobello
Gazdic. Lander. Pitlick

Coburn. Boyle
Petry. Gunner
Ference. Klefbom

Bryz
Dubnyk

SO much Terrible it's hard to contain. Those trades are like getting someone getting a palm pilot THIS Xmas. (look it up kids)

Ringo13

Jul 9, 2007
SO much Terrible it's hard to contain. Those trades are like getting someone getting a palm pilot THIS Xmas. (look it up kids)
Eberle will always be a soft complimentary player.
J. Schultz is brutal.
The team will never win with Gagner as 2C.

What you call Garbage makes us a much better team.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
J. Schultz is brutal.

You have to consider long-term value too.

Trading MacKinnon for Hossa would make the Avs a much better team. Do you think they're going to do that?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
J. Schultz is brutal.

Eberle is a top-line RW in the NHL, NO QUESTION. A high skill player who scores. He's not Lucic, but for **** sakes.

Justin Schultz is developing WITHOUT ANY HELP OR SHELTER, he's going to be a damned good player and Coburn's being slightly better now doesn't make up the potential diference.

Ok, but Gunnarsson is a big deal because he's a Leaf, anywhere else and he's just a guy.

It MIGHT make the team better in the very short term, but isn't really an improvement over all, it's actually a significant step backward going forward and screams panic panic panic panic.

Again, it's like getting a Palm Pilot THIS Xmas.

Ringo13

Jul 9, 2007
Eberle is a top-line RW in the NHL, NO QUESTION. A high skill player who scores. He's not Lucic, but for **** sakes.

Justin Schultz is developing WITHOUT ANY HELP OR SHELTER, he's going to be a damned good player and Coburn's being slightly better now doesn't make up the potential diference.

Ok, but Gunnarsson is a big deal because he's a Leaf, anywhere else and he's just a guy.

It MIGHT make the team better in the very short term, but isn't really an improvement over all, it's actually a significant step backward going forward and screams panic panic panic panic.

Again, it's like getting a Palm Pilot THIS Xmas.
I have watched hockey for 30 years. That does not make me an expert by any means, but let me tell you what I see.
I see a group of wingers who lose 90% of the board battles they are in.
I see a team that has literally no forecheck.
I see a team with perimeter players.
I see a team full of offense with 2 competent 2 way players on the top 2 lines.
I see a d core that is below average, but made to look horrible because the wingers are so bad in our zone.
Most importantly, I see a team with no balance. A team that can't and will never be able to compete as constructed.
I see a wasted roster spot in Sam Gagner.
The moves I suggest are not panic moves at all. Eberle is Jiri Hudler.
This team needs to keep, and build around Taylor Hall and RNH. Everyone els can be moved if it will make us better.

Ringo13

Jul 9, 2007
You have to consider long-term value too.

Trading MacKinnon for Hossa would make the Avs a much better team. Do you think they're going to do that?
I would not trade Macinnon, but he is not on our team. I also would not trade RNH. He is a part of the solution.
I don't know what the problem is, but I'm tired of losing. If the 4 kids were as good as everyone is making them out to be, we wouldn't be in 29th place as far as I'm concerned.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I have watched hockey for 30 years. That does not make me an expert by any means, but let me tell you what I see.
I see a group of wingers who lose 90% of the board battles they are in.
I see a team that has literally no forecheck.
I see a team with perimeter players.
I see a team full of offense with 2 competent 2 way players on the top 2 lines.
I see a d core that is below average, but made to look horrible because the wingers are so bad in our zone.
Most importantly, I see a team with no balance. A team that can't and will never be able to compete as constructed.
I see a wasted roster spot in Sam Gagner.
The moves I suggest are not panic moves at all. Eberle is Jiri Hudler.This team needs to keep, and build around Taylor Hall and RNH. Everyone els can be moved if it will make us better.

Credibility, GONE.

So you Agree....with Gregor's incessant talking points.

Oi'll say!

Read this now!
Nov 18, 2002
Oil in 9
Visit site
Again, you have to take this "opinion" with a significant grain of salk, Oi'll Say has has had a distaste for Hemsky going WAY Back.

lol no kidding, YOU think the last part. Geez.
Have I been wrong this whole time?

The Oilers have made the playoffs twice with him here, he has always been put with defensively responsible players and is always still a minus. The only time the Oilers were good is when Pisani was our best rw in the playoffs.

Noone wants him in trade, and he is a .5ppg player.

Now the big beef with the younger Oilers is that they don't play defense, well they learned that from Hemsky. The guy literally does squat in his own end and got cherry minutes on the 1st line and 1st unit pp for ten years.

How can you convince the new guys that they need to do things that Hemsky never did here? He's a bad example and he's old enough that he's considered to be in a leadership role even tho he doesn't lead in the right direction.

Ringo13

Jul 9, 2007
Credibility, GONE.

So you Agree....with Gregor's incessant talking points.
My credibility is gone as I attempt to have a discussion with someone who simply insults my posts without the slightest suggestion or attempt to prove what they are saying. It's like arguing with a junior high girl!

Ukgoalie

Aug 25, 2013
How about trading the 2014 1st (top 3 protected) for Adam Larsson. Njd have a semi-glut(sounds rude for some reason) of young defencemen and no 1st rounder this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad