Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
I’d tell Chicago they could have Mac, DLR, Carr, Lernout and a 2nd of which we have 3 or 4 of now. See if that gets them going. If not, hey, move on.

McCarron, De La Rose, Carr, Lernout does not really add anything for Chicago.

All it would do is add four non NHL players (or 4th liners at best) to their contract count and an additional $2.966M in salary to pay. Besides, Chicago only has three open contract spots and it is very doubtful they would use them up for that.

It's more of a negative than a positive for Chicago.

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
McCarron, De La Rose, Carr, Lernout does not really add anything for Chicago.

All it would do is add four non NHL players (or 4th liners at best) to their contract count and an additional $2.966M in salary to pay. Besides, Chicago only has three open contract spots and it is very doubtful they would use them up for that.

It's more of a negative than a positive for Chicago.

Who knows what they think of those players or ones I didn’t mention? Just because they don’t fit here or we don’t think much of them doesn’t mean another team doesn’t think they’re be exactly what they need. I mentioned to big centres who would be of interest to a lot of teams. Carr is a guy who most teams would like to add. Lernout is a solid D prospect and all are cheap talent for a team up against the cap and in need of cheap NHL talent.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I have a feeling coyle and Joel ek are of interest to us

Coyle is 45% + in faceoffs last 3 years

Last edited:

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
If we get Brodin and Ek, Alzner needs to go so bad.
and we would need a high pick

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Who knows what they think of those players or ones I didn’t mention? Just because they don’t fit here or we don’t think much of them doesn’t mean another team doesn’t think they’re be exactly what they need. I mentioned to big centres who would be of interest to a lot of teams. Carr is a guy who most teams would like to add. Lernout is a solid D prospect and all are cheap talent for a team up against the cap and in need of cheap NHL talent.

OK, believe what you want, but Chicago does not need AHL fillers.

Reactions: Rapala

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Looking at Saad under just one lens is a mistake. He’s a power forward who plays really hard and with a lot of skill and grit. Toews, Kane, Seabrook etc are all playing poorly. This could be a buy low opportunity to get a really good player who can score goals and help possibly replace Patches and get younger.
Yes,Saad is a gritty power forward so is Lucic and that clown Bergevin and his brain trust wanted to sign Lucic for 7 years thank god they dodged that bullet,Lucic 0 goals in last 18 games and has 5 years left.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Eriksson Ek makes sense.

But this is Bergevin so he probably wants to reunite Suter and Weber.

Been a few times Ive read Habs management names and the Wild.

Ek and Brodin are the two I could see MB being interested in.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Bergevin: Hey, Fletch!
Fletcher: Bergy, it's been a while. What can I do for you?
Bergevin: Here to see you about Koivu.
Fletcher: You're interested in acquiring Mikko?
Bergevin: Actually, I need Mikko to pick up from us and deliver several of Saku's unclaimed items.
Fletcher: Oh ...

54c48bcf3b0807bf36a8b34672e4cdcb--montreal-canadiens.jpg

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Yes,Saad is a gritty power forward so is Lucic and that clown Bergevin and his brain trust wanted to sign Lucic for 7 years thank god they dodged that bullet,Lucic 0 goals in last 18 games and has 5 years left.

So now we’re just going to rely on false comparisons. Ok, would you have liked Lucic in his prime? I would have loved to. Unfortunately Lucic and Saad are absolutely nothing alike and so you post makes even less sense.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
What about something around Galchenyuk for Hayden Fleury?

Personally, I'd like to see the Habs keep Galchenyuk and use him as a 2C, behind a 1C they trade for (or sign...). That said, I think it's pretty clear they (Julien/Bergevin) will never play him at centre. He's never been a great winger and although he's developing some chemistry with Drouin I think Fleury gives us a big, mobile LHD that could play top 4 mins right away and may just be a real good top pairing guy.

Carolina is loaded with D and could easily stand to lose him and still have Pesce, Slavin, Faulk, Hanifin, with Bean coming. They need scoring and I think Chuck would fit well over there. He may even get to play centre but even if he doesn't I think he adds a much needed shooter that would likely play really well with someone like Teravainen.

Not sure what, if any adds would need to be made but I think there's potential here. Thoughts?

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
I like the chemistry between AG27 and Sherbak. I still dont think Drouin is a center or one that meshes well with the other two. Maybe it's just me but ive come to terms that Galchy is not a center. So just slot a different center with him. id look for a new center for Drouin.

Drouin- X- Gallagher
Sherbak-Danault-Galchenyuk

I think Danault is the right center to play with them. (Considering we would realistically get only one new center). He is good on the dot, plays well defensively, has the speed to keep up and most importantly, isnt a possesion player. He keeps it simple and grinds it. He compliments the other two well.

Drouin like Galchy and Sherbak, likes to have the puck. He wont do well with AG and Sherbak. Get him a talented, offensive center and they will do well with Gally.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Everything looks fine if Tavares sign here.
Remove him from your line-up and this team looks bad, really bad.

With Tavares I would keep A Shaw because he's better than some names you filled on 2nd and 3rd line.

I have always admitted that Tavares signing with the Habs is a long shot but we will throw money at him. I won't be surprised if Bergevin throws $15M at him and we have the cap space to do it. However, I think a lottery win (Dahlin) might give us the edge we need and I also don't think we are not as bad as as what we are showing this year.

As far as Shaw, I would keep him too but if we are getting Tavares and another pieces like Backlund, Shaw or Alzner has to go to make room under the cap. Shaw would return a solid asset. Alzner would not and not sure too many teams want that contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: sampollock

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
What about something around Galchenyuk for Hayden Fleury?

Personally, I'd like to see the Habs keep Galchenyuk and use him as a 2C, behind a 1C they trade for (or sign...). That said, I think it's pretty clear they (Julien/Bergevin) will never play him at centre. He's never been a great winger and although he's developing some chemistry with Drouin I think Fleury gives us a big, mobile LHD that could play top 4 mins right away and may just be a real good top pairing guy.

Carolina is loaded with D and could easily stand to lose him and still have Pesce, Slavin, Faulk, Hanifin, with Bean coming. They need scoring and I think Chuck would fit well over there. He may even get to play centre but even if he doesn't I think he adds a much needed shooter that would likely play really well with someone like Teravainen.

Not sure what, if any adds would need to be made but I think there's potential here. Thoughts?

Hayden looks like a shut down D and if we are trading Chucky offense needs to be coming back

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hypothetical... Lets say we win the draft lottery (Dahlin) and Tavares signs with us....

Would you trade Mete & Poehling for McDonagh in a sign and trade?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Hypothetical... Lets say we win the draft lottery (Dahlin) and Tavares signs with us....

Would you trade Mete & Poehling for McDonagh in a sign and trade?

Both Weber and McDo are stay at home D.

I think you have to have a PMD on every pairing and for sure on your 1st.

But yes, I would do that trade as McDo is younger than Weber, but then I would trade Weber.

I would then look to snag a PMD for the top pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad