Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I think Max and Plaky are gone. I also think the D not named Mete, Weber and Petry would be available for anything. Byron for the right price is probably also available. Depending on what comes back and what we draft, we may be looking at a much better squad next season.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Who here thinks we are sellers?

We're sellers?

$

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Saad is playing on 3rd line and Debrincat 1st line...

In Montreal Saad will become this 40 points wingers. Shaw has 5 points less than him.

Anyway i am afraid as well from Bergevin.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Are you serious right now? Bergevin traded the all-time favorite in PK but now might be thinking not to enraged fans before Plekanec 1000 game milestone?

He’s not the smartest person. The only point was he may think he’s doing a fan service by allowing Plekanec to do it after he royally screwed it up with Markov. I don’t know the inner workings of Bergevin and I go nuts whenever I try and understand.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
I know we are sellers.
The question is does Bergevin? :eek:
Montreal are not sellers that is the problem ...the owner wants to win and has said so numerous times.....the GM does not want to or know how to win.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Saad is playing on 3rd line and Debrincat 1st line...

In Montreal Saad will become this 40 points wingers. Shaw has 5 points less than him.

Anyway i am afraid as well from Bergevin.
Saad makes 6 million each of the next 3 years he has scored 30 just once,you can find players in free agency for way less than 6 million to score the same 20-25 like Grabner or your own young players can get 20-25 next year like...Scherbak,Lehkonen,Hudon.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Saad makes 6 million each of the next 3 years he has scored 30 just once,you can find players in free agency for way less than 6 million to score the same 20-25 like Grabner or your own young players can get 20-25 next year like...Scherbak,Lehkonen,Hudon.

Looking at Saad under just one lens is a mistake. He’s a power forward who plays really hard and with a lot of skill and grit. Toews, Kane, Seabrook etc are all playing poorly. This could be a buy low opportunity to get a really good player who can score goals and help possibly replace Patches and get younger.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Looking at Saad under just one lens is a mistake. He’s a power forward who plays really hard and with a lot of skill and grit. Toews, Kane, Seabrook etc are all playing poorly. This could be a buy low opportunity to get a really good player who can score goals and help possibly replace Patches and get younger.
... Lets just get Toews.. :laugh:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Trading for saad would be a huge f***ing mistake and it’s gonna happen.

Now let me know who would you give gor saad?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

What are they going to give up for him, cause Chicago traded an elite winger for him.

1. This team has barely any assets, other than lateral moves.
2. Should a team so bare of assets be trading what they do have?
3. Saad doesn't make this team anymore a contender than they already are.

While I get that the team needs scoring, it also needs a million things. It doesn't make sense to me to trade assets to acquire a player liek this, whent hey can just acquire more picks and build for the future.

Reactions: Rapala and HOPE

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I’m not giving any core young players for him. I would trade back Shaw a pick and or a prospect. Maybe Lehkonen in a package. Something along those lines. Chucky and Drouin would be off limits for Saad. He does have 3 or 4 50 point seasons and is only 25 going into his prime.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I’m not giving any core young players for him. I would trade back Shaw a pick and or a prospect. Maybe Lehkonen in a package. Something along those lines. Chucky and Drouin would be off limits for Saad. He does have 3 or 4 50 point seasons and is only 25 going into his prime.
And what makes you think chicago would want shaw back and what kind of pick and prospect would you think on top of shaw chicago would like in order to save 2.1M and get worse?

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
And what makes you think chicago would want shaw back and what kind of pick and prospect would you think on top of shaw chicago would like in order to save 2.1M and get worse?
I have a huge bad feeling that bergevin will trade chucky for saad. If it happens its gonna be the end fir me has a habs fan, until both molson and bergevin steps down. It’s probably going to be in the summer since they both don’t do any impact this season.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Because they LOVE Shaw and he was an integral part of two cup wins.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
The Islanders are one of the worst defensive teams in hockey could use a defensive D-man like Alzner especially with De Haan gone for the year and Mayfield is hurt to Montreal could get a prospect and take back Greiss.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Because they LOVE Shaw and he was an integral part of two cup wins.
So was saad... they just traded a ppg winger who had insane chemestry with their best player. If they liked shaw so much, they wouldn’t have valued 2x 2nd round pick over him and would have found a way yo make room and extend him. You think substracting saad to add shaw for 2.1M makes them better?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
So was saad... they just traded a ppg winger who had insane chemestry with their best player. If they liked shaw much, they wouldn’t have valued 2x 2nd round pick over him and would have found a way yo make room and extend him. You think substracting saad to add shaw for 2.1M makes them better?

They tried as hard as they could to keep him and wanted to desperately. They couldn’t make the numbers work which is why they had to trade him. Even the team owner made a comment that he didn’t want to see Shaw go. Now they would have the space and picks/prospects while unloading a large contract and freeing up even more space.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
The Islanders are one of the worst defensive teams in hockey could use a defensive D-man like Alzner especially with De Haan gone for the year and Mayfield is hurt to Montreal could get a prospect and take back Greiss.
alzner can’t defend, can’t exit zone beside giving back the back, isn’t physical, im actually wondering what he brings to a team beside filling a spot and having negative value. He’s a good 5D and he’s paid like average 4D

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
They tried as hard as they could to keep him and wanted to desperately. They couldn’t make the numbers work which is why they had to trade him. Even the team owner made a comment that he didn’t want to see Shaw go. Now they would have the space and picks/prospects while unloading a large contract and freeing up even more space.
They still are a better team with saad than with shaw and it’s no question here. So now Answer what prospect or pick would you add to entice chicago and not ruin our rebuild?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Our priority is getting a centre and we can't afford to give up meaningful assets to get a winger.

As far as Saad as a player , his numbers are quite disappointing. At the same time his type of game should stand up in the post season. Meaning if he can score 25 goals in the regular season he should score a couple per series along with a couple of assists , which is better than Patches.

I think him Drouin and Chucky could make a good line as he can get the puck in the corners as well as score.

So in theory a Patches out with Saad in is a good switch. Key is the cost , and we just can't give up anything that could get us C prospects or young C players.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
They still are a better team with saad than with shaw and it’s no question here. So now Answer what prospect or pick would you add to entice chicago and not ruin our rebuild?

I’d tell Chicago they could have Mac, DLR, Carr, Lernout and a 2nd of which we have 3 or 4 of now. See if that gets them going. If not, hey, move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad