Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
The great Eklund saying Tampa has interest in Shea Weber if they do you make them pay thru the nose....Tampa has one of the deepest prospect pools in the nhl.

Beendair Donedat

Don’t be a Jimmy Juice Arse
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Closer to the deadline of Columbus feels they need a piece for a run then something could happen.

You are right though that MB wants Dubois

The something that is happening is that Dubois has become their number one Center and is playing like the player he was drafted to be. A contending team isn’t going to give away their top center before the playoffs. It’s just not an option for the Habs and there’s no point pursuing it... best bet is to deal Captain Invisible for high end futures and fire Bargain Bin, then you can un ban Galchenyuk from playing center and go from there.

Reactions: Tyson

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
What would you be willing to give up for Dubois?

Weber, Pacioretty, + ?
for Dubois, plus bad contracts from columbus to even out the salaries, perhaps Dubinsky, Foligno, Jack Johnson.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Galchenyuk and Gallagher for PLD ?

The Blue Jackets have $5M in cap space but Atkinson is getting a $2.3M raise next season, they have to sign Jack Johnson, and gotta think about keeping Panarin in two years. I doubt they are acquiring anyone long term unless it's a defenceman.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
The Blue Jackets have $5M in cap space but Atkinson is getting a $2.3M raise next season, they have to sign Jack Johnson, and gotta think about keeping Panarin in two years. I doubt they are acquiring anyone long term unless it's a defenceman.

Johnson asked for a trade.

In any case, I like PLD, he's a good young player, but I don't even think he's better than Galchenyuk.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
If maxy can't draw huge interest, then the NHL has changed,
There is always a couple of GM's that like to sell, and then Habs buy

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
If maxy can't draw huge interest, then the NHL has changed,
There is always a couple of GM's that like to sell, and then Habs buy

The word is that the sellers are asking too much for the buyers.

So there's likely a lot of interest but teams aren't sure if they are willing to pay the demands. Either a team will jump ahead of the pack and decide they *need* Pacioretty, or a team sweats at the deadline and decides to bite the bullet. Otherwise it'll be about trading him in the summer.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The word is that the sellers are asking too much for the buyers.

So there's likely a lot of interest but teams aren't sure if they are willing to pay the demands. Either a team will jump ahead of the pack and decide they *need* Pacioretty, or a team sweats at the deadline and decides to bite the bullet. Otherwise it'll be about trading him in the summer.

Surprising considering how tight these standings are. A team will cave to make a push. Think of the Jets and Blues in the Central with the Preds. That will be a dogfight to the end and that’s not counting any WC teams or the teams behind them like the Stars.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Hahaha, wanna see your reactions :

To Ottawa Sens :
Price, Lehkonen, 2nd pick, Lernhout

To Mtl :
Karlsson, Stone, Condon

Not a serious trade idea, just want to receive a bag of tomatoes for that trade proposal, lol.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Galchenyuk and Gallagher for PLD ?

What? Hell no. That's a lot of value and depth you're giving out. Galchenyuk and Gallagher are both relatively young with great contract. They can also score 25+g. I'd love Dubois but I wouldn't give that much for him. And good luck for Dubois leading the offense with a top 6 without Galchenyuk, Gallagher and potentially Pacioretty.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Hahaha, wanna see your reactions :

To Ottawa Sens :
Price, Lehkonen, 2nd pick, Lernhout

To Mtl :
Karlsson, Stone, Condon

Not a serious trade idea, just want to receive a bag of tomatoes for that trade proposal, lol.

In a heartbeat, but Ottawa wouldn't bite.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Johnson asked for a trade.

In any case, I like PLD, he's a good young player, but I don't even think he's better than Galchenyuk.

I like Chucky.

He is talented , can put up numbers, and is fun to watch.

He should be playing centre even if the reason is what the hell.

His contract term is stupid. Should have been 6 years anyway .

Is PLD a no.2 C , let alone a 1C? Don't know.

We need a centre though. At least one that gets played there.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
What? Hell no. That's a lot of value and depth you're giving out. Galchenyuk and Gallagher are both relatively young with great contract. They can also score 25+g. I'd love Dubois but I wouldn't give that much for him. And good luck for Dubois leading the offense with a top 6 without Galchenyuk, Gallagher and potentially Pacioretty.

Chucky should be at centre playing 20 minutes a night. Flanked by Drouin.

Not happening.

Geffy Ballard won't get rid of MB. CJ would also have to go.

Not happening.

Might as well pay up and get a centre.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
It’s a better proposals but here’s the problem. We’d have Weber, Barrie, Juulsen and Lernout on the RD position. Timmins is a right D and I don’t know where he’d fit into the lineup. We’d need a LHPMD and make up for the loss of offence.

So I’d counter with:
Drouin
Chucky
Petry

For

Jost
Makar
Barrie
1st.

I’d make the trade at the draft assuming we’re in a position to draft one of Svechnikov, Zadina or Tkachuk.

Makar is a righty as well, plus Mete and Timmins looked pretty good together at the world jrs. It’s definietly close, but I think adding Makar might be a deal breaker for me.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Pacioretty should have no problems at all getting a good value package. That is and was never going to be the issue.

The issue arises on if Bergevin insists on particular prospects, especially those of a Center nature, or of a blue chip nature.

Teams just font want to move those guys.

People praise Sakic for all the value he got. And look at how much time he took. Look how long he waited. And still, he couldn’t get a blue chip dman. He “settled” for a notch below.

Now, it’s entirely possible he could’ve gotten Sergachev or Hanifin or Chabot at the time. But Sakic wasn’t going to accept either one by themselves. He wanted more.

So that’s where Bergevin is going to have the same issues. The better the prospect, then either
A) the team doesn’t want to give them up to begin with or
B) you’ll get very little adds to it, if any at all.

So in the case for (B), The habs have to assume a lot of risk on a singular prospect. It’s probably the main reason why top prospects don’t get moved often. Teams don’t want to add to them.

Reactions: 417 and Roke

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Tough sell for me to trade Jost and Kerfoot. I'd argue Kerf is an established young forward imo, but I get where you're coming from with that.

Rework trade Avs trade:
Barrie, Jost, Timmins, Colorado 2019 first, Ottawa 2019 third.

Jost, Makar, Wood, a 1st in 2019 and Nashville 2018 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad