Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Wat about Pac for Joel ek Ericsson or Kunin and Charlie coyle ?

Last edited:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Wat about Pac for Joel ek Ericsson and Charlie coyle ?

Charlie Coyle is overrated imo. The guy will turn 26 soon and he has one 50 points season and another 42 points season in 82 games. He's on pace for 40 something this season despite a very good TOI. The guy is playing a lot. 17:00 average in the last 3 seasons. That's not really great offensively speaking. It's barely better than Danault honestly.

Jul 6, 2016
The great Eklund saying Tampa has interest in Shea Weber if they do you make them pay thru the nose....Tampa has one of the deepest prospect pools in the nhl.

TB should be more interested in McDonagh than WEber, I think.

Reactions: Runner77

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
The great Eklund saying Tampa has interest in Shea Weber if they do you make them pay thru the nose....Tampa has one of the deepest prospect pools in the nhl.

Hedman & Weber as 1st pairing? Geezus...

I agree with paying through the nose. They've got prospects up the wazoo.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
What about getting a real future #1 centerman like Villardi or Thomas or Chityl ?
None of those are likely going to be future 1st line centers IMO, but excellent 2nds. I would trade Patch to L.A. for Valardi and a 1st though, as suggested by The great Schlemko..

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
Vilardi + 1st .... And IF LA makes the Playoffs...an additional second rounder in 2019.

Jul 6, 2016
Or... PLD ?

And I would package few players to get Nicolas Roy from the carolina org. Perfect big 2nd line centerman.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Or... PLD ?

And I would package few players to get Nicolas Roy from the carolina org. Perfect big 2nd line centerman.

It seems that many people on this board want to trade for Québécois players. I’ve always thought it would be cool if there was some way in which the draft could contain a round where you could have exclusive rights to one player from ypur province/state.

Jul 6, 2016
It seems that many people on this board want to trade for Québécois players. I’ve always thought it would be cool if there was some way in which the draft could contain a round where you could have exclusive rights to one player from ypur province/state.

Roy could had been drafted easily. He went in a 4th round.... I would like Timmins to pay more attention to the Q at large. Not only French-Quebecer kids. Guys like Sprong or Barbachev or the Acadian Myers could had been picked/signed.

Gourde and Marchesseault were easily signed as undrafted by TB.

I am just asking Timmins to be more open to talents closer to home.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Vilardi + 1st .... And IF LA makes the Playoffs...an additional second rounder in 2019.

Or maybe another quality extra asset if Pacioretty signs a long-term deal with LA. Buffalo is making this type of ask as part of their desired assets in exchange for Kane.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Or maybe another quality extra asset if Pacioretty signs a long-term deal with LA. Buffalo is making this type of ask as part of their desired assets in exchange for Kane.

Yet so many Habs fans are willing to trade Pacioretty for a fraction of what the Sabres want for Kane...

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

I think if there's a trade, it might involve more than one piece from the Habs.
Rumour is that MB is looking for Roster player (Young scoring winger) + Top C prospect + 1st + 2nd....

Tanner Pearson
Gabriel Vilardi
LA 2018 1st round pick
LA 2018 4th round pick (MTL)
LA 2019 cond. 2nd round pick (If Pacioretty resign or LA reach the WCF once, the pick turn into a 1st)

Max Pacioretty
Jordie Benn
Daniel Carr

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77 and 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I think if there's a trade, it might involve more than one piece from the Habs.
Rumour is that MB is looking for Roster player (Young scoring winger) + Top C prospect + 1st + 2nd....

Tanner Pearson
Gabriel Vilardi
LA 2018 1st round pick
LA 2018 4th round pick (MTL)
LA 2019 cond. 2nd round pick (If Pacioretty resign or LA reach the WCF once, the pick turned into a 1st)

Max Pacioretty
Jordie Benn
Daniel Carr
Seems about right in terms of value to me.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Dubinsky available. Incoming Galchenyuk + 1st for Johnson and Dubinsky.

MB needs to be all over this.

We will.not have to give up our 1st, Chucky for Dubinsky straight up.

As a defensive player and American, Dubinsky has CHaracter. Chucky, being highly skilled and of Russian heritage does not.

This is proven by Dubinsky requesting a trade while his team is fighting for its play off life, because the guy wants to play and be a bigger part of the team. Chucky in contrast has toiled over the years with TOI below that of 3th liners and indeed played on the 4th line, but he has never not once complained. No CHaracter as he doesn't care about playing.

Now some of you may be concerned about trading away a 23 year old highly talented player who not only contributed goals while on the 4th line, but actually produces pretty well when given top 6 TOI and skilled linemates. And, is fun to watch.

However, we would be getting back a true centre. Now yes he is a decade older , gets paid almost a million more than Chucky, has never been a big point producer and indeed is seeing his production rapidly decline a la Pleks.

But, we know that in CJs view, as witnessed by getting rid of that non centre Seguin in Boston, that all that matters to being a centre for him is defense. Sure he would welcome offense, but between those 2 abilities it's defense that matters most.

By getting Dubinsky we would finally have centre depth and could play Drouin on the wing.

Now you might be concerned that our offensive production will drop even more, because it certainly will. But as we play our mistake free system we make 0 mistakes and score 1 or 2 goals, we have a chance.

So have to make this trade.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think what you will see Montreal do is rebuild similar to Boston a few years back. Where they kept core players under long term control like Bergeron, Kreiji, Rask, Marchand, etc.... and dealt the players who could return a lot, guys like Lucic, Bobychuk, Dougie Hamilton, but could walk in the short term. Then drafted the Pastrnak, MacAvoy, Debrusk types. THis kept them fairly comptetive while improving for the future.

I doubt you will see the Habs do a house cleaning and trade a Price or Weber, like many here are suggesting. I can't see Habs do a Toronto scenario, where they were awful on purpose. So we can accumulate a bunch of high draft picks. It will work but it is painful for 3 or 4 years!

They will go the Boston method instead. Where Habs will keep Price, Weber, Drouin, Gallagher types. Guys who they control long term but also are core parts of the team. Instead trade the Pacioretty, Plekanec, maybe even a Byron if the return is there. To stock the cupboard for the future. I doubt they trade Galchenyuk. As return likely low and decent chance he could be next year's Nugent-Hopkins. A much maligned high pick but will improve next year. At least, solid chance.

Reactions: 417 and WinterLion

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I think what you will see Montreal do is rebuild similar to Boston a few years back. Where they kept core players under long term control like Bergeron, Kreiji, Rask, Marchand, etc.... and dealt the players who could return a lot, guys like Lucic, Bobychuk, Dougie Hamilton, but could walk in the short term. Then drafted the Pastrnak, MacAvoy, Debrusk types. THis kept them fairly comptetive while improving for the future.

I doubt you will see the Habs do a house cleaning and trade a Price or Weber, like many here are suggesting. I can't see Habs do a Toronto scenario, where they were awful on purpose. So we can accumulate a bunch of high draft picks. It will work but it is painful for 3 or 4 years!

They will go the Boston method instead. Where Habs will keep Price, Weber, Drouin, Gallagher types. Guys who they control long term but also are core parts of the team. Instead trade the Pacioretty, Plekanec, maybe even a Byron if the return is there. To stock the cupboard for the future. I doubt they trade Galchenyuk. As return likely low and decent chance he could be next year's Nugent-Hopkins. A much maligned high pick but will improve next year. At least, solid chance.

That would be great.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Would be interesting to be able to trade guys like Patch, Pleky, Shaw, Alzner, Benn. Imagine drafting a solid top prospect and also having $20M+ to convince two major pieces to come to the Habs.

- Tavares ($12M+)
- Backlund ($6.5M max)
- Stastny ($7M max)
- Trade for McDonagh in a sign and trade? ($7.5M)

Unloading Patch and one of Shaw or Alzner could open up options for us this summer.

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
Charlie Coyle is overrated imo. The guy will turn 26 soon and he has one 50 points season and another 42 points season in 82 games. He's on pace for 40 something this season despite a very good TOI. The guy is playing a lot. 17:00 average in the last 3 seasons. That's not really great offensively speaking. It's barely better than Danault honestly.

Been hurt this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad