Confirmed with Link: [TBL/CAR] Lightning trade 2025 3rd for Jake Guentzel

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
*Tanner Jeannot ptsd*
Was that more Jeannot not fitting the system? The expectation was he would be able to adapt because he was young. He just may not fit. I can see him in Philly, FLA, BOS, or one of those physical first teams and towns. Tampa? We were always known for speed and turtling on D where you have to block a ton of shots! Cooper-ball...

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Marty isn't a comparable - he angered alot of the fanbase initially by demanding the trade out. He wanted out not that the team was trying to move him.

Vinny is a better comparison (I was certainly crushed to see him moved) but at least could understand it was for a large contract the team couldn't afford that the new team leadership didn't sign him to.

But Vinny was certainly someone who loved the organization and city like Stamkos.

By all accounts right now, the Lightning are treating Stamkos poorly and it very well could have been handled better.

Still holding out hope.

It was hyperbole. I think what's happening with Stamkos is somewhere in between those two examples. There were too many holes to fill, JBB didn't want to miss out on any future opportunities by inking Stammer early, and cap space didn't become available until there was already a rift. It's just the nature of retooling with an aging star who is probably more valuable by other GMs who have more money at their disposal. I don't think Stammer was necessarily "treated poorly". It's just the nature of the business.

re the giving up a 3rd for the rights:

*JBB overcompensates to get who he wants* Bolts HFB:

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.jpg

NJBolt

May 1, 2024
There's no way a guy who hasn't been close to a 100 pt season is getting 10 mil.
Like John Tavares making $11 million and has never seen a 90 point season? There are currently 17 players making $10 million AAV or more and only 5 of them had over 100 points last season. (2 were goalies- Price and Bob)

It's called inflation. :)

Reactions: DaBolts

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Like John Tavares making $11 million and has never seen a 90 point season? There are currently 17 players making over $10 million AAV and only 5 of them had over 100 points last season. (2 were goalies- Price and Bob)

It's called inflation. :)

I should have specified that I meant just JBB giving him that.

He's notorious for keeping AAV down. I don't think Guentzel changes that. I don't see a scenario where Guentzel comes in and makes more than Point.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
If you don’t think the vast majority of casual fans aren’t going to be up in arms if they let stammer walk, boy do I have some ocean front property to sell you in Arizona
Most "casual fans" think Stamkos is Swedish and grew up playing hockey in an igloo.

We've been through this before with Vinny. C'est la vie.

I love Stammer just like Vinny and Marty. But we have at least 2 maybe 3 years left in this window.

Let's win one or two more Cups and everyone will forget about this.

JBB had an A+ offseason, Im all in on that guy.
Screen Shot 06-29-24 at 04.02 PM.JPG

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Most "casual fans" think Stamkos is Swedish and grew up playing hockey in an igloo.

We've been through this before with Vinny. C'est la vie.

I love Stammer just like Vinny and Marty. But we have at least 2 maybe 3 years left in this window.

Let's win one or two more Cups and everyone will forget about this.

View attachment 889998

Only gets forgotten if we win that cup or two

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
There is nothing easy about trading Cirelli with his contract.
Disagree. I'm more of a critic than a fan of his, but I don't see negative or low value on him. For all Sergachevs flaws defensively and his contract, we just got a haul. Cirelli is a center with a lower cap hit, he'd bring back valuable pieces. Might not be as much as Sergachev, or even 1 for 1, but Cirelli is coveted. Even if some critics find his limitations annoying on this team, he has value.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
That has more to do with wanting to win. He has gone through hell and back with Pittsburgh after winning the Cup his rookie year and the Canes probably had their last gasp. He doesn't want to play on a rebuilding team
Well then he might not want to come here. Despite all of the moves, this team is more likely to be on the trajectory of post-Cup Pittsburgh than being a competitive Cup contender. We have already started to mirror their post-Cup playoff performances with two first round exits in a row and a pretty poor regular season. The only thing that will possibly keep the train rolling at a high level is a 110% resurgent Vasy and, short of a few streaky flashes of brilliance here and there, we have not seen evidence of that being the consistent case in quite some time.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
I would love 9.5x6 only because if he blossoms in Coopers system, when he turns 35, it would be a nice 3rd/4th line piece to have.

This could be his last contract and I just don't see him going lower than the total value Carolina offered him, which was ~$61M after taxes in NC. IMO that has to be the floor with a starting offer, and I don't see us going lower than the max years we can offer which is 7.

Plus, we're in win now mode. I don't think JBB gives a flying f*** about 7 years down the road lol...no offense. Lowering AAV is the best way to win now.

Reactions: DaBolts

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Well then he might not want to come here. Despite all of the moves, this team is more likely to be on the trajectory of post-Cup Pittsburgh than being a competitive Cup contender. We have already started to mirror their post-Cup playoff performances with two first round exits in a row and a pretty poor regular season. The only thing that will possibly keep the train rolling at a high level is a 110% resurgent Vasy and, short of a few streaky flashes of brilliance here and there, we have not seen evidence of that being the consistent case in quite some time.
No team has done that either. We are the only ones that modeled consistency and hit two in a row since his Pens did. We sustained success for longer too. Colorado already found out, so did Vegas. There's 32 teams in the league vying for one trophy. With Kucherov, Point, Vasy, Hedman, McD, Hagel, Cirelli, and potentially Guenztel/Stamkos/16M cap space, our odds are much better than most at clinching and going deep. We hit two down years with goaltending and shit depth, Brisebois is probably going to address that this week.

Reactions: Crunchrulz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad