HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Honestly, at this point, trade Dvo to Calgary (if they even want him) for literally anything. Shinny and stick tape for the boys, even. They need centres, we have one. Here ya go.

Then bring Beck up and his job is to primarily win faceoffs. We know he can do this and I don't think he could be any worse than Dvo at any facet of the game at the moment despite being a rookie.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Honestly, at this point, trade Dvo to Calgary (if they even want him) for literally anything. Shinny and stick tape for the boys, even. They need centres, we have one. Here ya go.

Then bring Beck up and his job is to primarily win faceoffs. We know he can do this and I don't think he could be any worse than Dvo at any facet of the game at the moment despite being a rookie.
Yeah or play Kapanen at center if they judge Beck needs AHL time.

I wonder what the D pairs will look like with Matheson's injury.

Hutson-Guhle
Struble-Barron
Xhekaj-Savard

???

Reactions: Lockin17

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023

I'm pretty sure i saw somewhere that they're looking for a right handed mid 6 center.
Evans might fit their need but he's the only one center that's performing at the moment.

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
Yeah or play Kapanen at center if they judge Beck needs AHL time.

I wonder what the D pairs will look like with Matheson's injury.

Hutson-Guhle
Struble-Barron
Xhekaj-Savard

???
Kapanen doesn't look ready.
It all depends on if they want to throw the season but i doubt they do at this point.

That's a good guess for D pairs.

Reactions: Benstheman

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
why would have trade for an upcoming 38 year olds d-man lol

Anderson is going the other way bud and Letang is the vet that replaces Savard. Letang can still play and he is 37 ;)

giphy.gif

i agree. I just wouldn't give up those pieces for a 28 year old...i think have and to some extent kapanen, will be special

i think he would be a fit and i agree, I just think it's risky, considering where habs are at in rebuild, his age etc...for hage and Kapanen - two guys i hold in high regard.

I don't think we will trade for him but he is on a value contract and producing. One of the better contracts in the NHL and there is no way you will get him for cheap.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Anderson is going the other way bud and Letang is the vet that replaces Savard. Letang can still play and he is 37 ;)

giphy.gif

I don't think we will trade for him but he is on a value contract and producing. One of the better contracts in the NHL and there is no way you will get him for cheap.

Letang can still play this year, but the issue is the 3 years after that. At his age, the wall can come very fast and then you have an untradeable D making 6.1 until 2028.

Reactions: Deus ex machina

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Letang can still play this year, but the issue is the 3 years after that. At his age, the wall can come very fast and then you have an untradeable D making 6.1 until 2028.

I understand but we also escaped the Anderson contract which frees up space for someone like Roy who is close to being ready. Letang helps bridge the gap to Reinbacher who needs time.

Anderson is untradable just as much as Letang would be. It's a good flip IMO. And this is in the span where we have cap flexibility... before we have to pay guys like Demidov, Hutson, Dach, and possibly Laine.

Burns is 39 and has a $5.28M cap hit. We can live with Letang aging as vet (to replace Savard) and the elephant in the room that many of you are ignoring is Anderson goes the other way.

I've giving you guys more context then you are sending my way.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I understand but we also escaped the Anderson contract which frees up space for someone like Roy who is close to being ready. Letang helps bridge the gap to Reinbacher who needs time.

Anderson is untradable just as much as Letang would be. It's a good flip IMO. And this is in the span where we have cap flexibility... before we have to pay guys like Demidov, Hutson, Dach, and possibly Laine.

Burns is 39 and has a $5.28M cap hit. We can live with Letang aging as vet (to replace Savard) and the elephant in the room that many of you are ignoring is Anderson goes the other way.

I've giving you guys more context then you are sending my way.

Freeing space for Roy to block Mailloux, Reinbacher, Engstrom is just moving the problem. Roy is also not exactly showing he should be up right now either.

We already have some expiring contracts that will free space at the lastest in July.

Then you can try giving out Anderson at 50% for the remaining 2 years if you need more space. Or trade him in a package for a fwd or D that fit our window better.

I don't think Letang is worth the gamble, unlike Laine was.

We should be aiming at guys 22-30 years old so they are still good when we are ready to compete.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Freeing space for Roy to block Mailloux, Reinbacher, Engstrom is just moving the problem. Roy is also not exactly showing he should be up right now either.

We already have some expiring contracts that will free space at the lastest in July.

Then you can try giving out Anderson at 50% for the remaining 2 years if you need more space. Or trade him in a package for a fwd or D that fit our window better.

I don't think Letang is worth the gamble, unlike Laine was.

We should be aiming at guys 22-30 years old so they are still good when we are ready to compete.

Mailloux won't be blocked and he is close to being ready. Reinbacher is 2+ years away after this injury. Who knows with Engstrom. With Savard gone, we will need a vet and Letang fits. Not sure how long Matheson stays with us too. Having both Hutson and Matheson is a bit of a problem with D coverage IMO.

I don't think Letang is a gamble. Sorry. Would be a gamble if we were going to play him heavy min's but that would not be my plan. We will have unused cap space in that term that is left. I don't see this as big problems.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Mailloux won't be blocked and he is close to being ready. Reinbacher is 2+ years away after this injury. Who knows with Engstrom. With Savard gone, we will need a vet and Letang fits. Not sure how long Matheson stays with us too. Having both Hutson and Matheson is a bit of a problem with D coverage IMO.

I don't think Letang is a gamble. Sorry. Would be a gamble if we were going to play him heavy min's but that would not be my plan. We will have unused cap space in that term that is left. I don't see this as big problems.

Letang is a gamble because you don't know when he hits the wall.

It limits our options needlessly. We would be better off buying out Anderson than taking on Letang.

Hutson, Newhook, Dach, Mailloux, Reinbacher, Kapanen, Beck (among others) all need new deals before Letang's contract is done so I'm not sure paying 6.1M for a guy that will be your 4-8 D (depending on decline) is a good investment.

We can spend that money better than that.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I dont think Pitts is trading anyone. They signed Crosby to a cost effective deal to compete. They arent tearing anydown until Malkin Letang Crosby retire

Reactions: JoelWarlord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad