HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Habs current 23 man roster is not cap compliant, they can paper transact Xhekaj to be under the cap for 5pm, but once they call him back they need to use LTIR.

Yes but being compliant and not in LTIR by the roster deadline does something for them as far as cap space in season, rather than using off-season LTIR.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Yes but being compliant and not in LTIR by the roster deadline does something for them as far as cap space in season, rather than using off-season LTIR.
In-season will just allow them to maximize their LTIR space compared to off-season, but they don't need that much LTIR space and Hughes wanted to use none of it, but since he didn't make the moves to make that possible....here we are.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
In-season will just allow them to maximize their LTIR space compared to off-season, but they don't need that much LTIR and Hughes wanted to use none of it, but since he didn't make the moves to make that possible....here we are.

I'm no capologist but the intention all along was to wait until the season started to put Price on LTIR.

Reactions: Paddy17

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
It's the same thing as last year when they put Dvorak on LTIR before the start of the season to be cap compliant.
They'll operate on LTIR as soon as they put Price on it regardless.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's the same thing as last year when they put Dvorak on LTIR before the start of the season to be cap compliant.
They'll operate on LTIR as soon as they put Price on it regardless.

Off-Season LTIR and in-season LTIR are different, though. That's what has been stated time and time again regarding the Habs not wanting to do things that require putting Price on off-season LTIR.

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
Off-Season LTIR and in-season LTIR are different, though. That's what has been stated time and time again regarding the Habs not wanting to do things that require putting Price on off-season LTIR.
I had the same discussion last year...lol

Yes, they'll wait before the season starts to put Price on LTIR, otherwise they'd lose around 7.5M in cap space. But that doesn't mean that they can't put RHP on it now. He only makes 1.1M and they are 3M over. So they'll still be over even with RHP on it.

They did the same thing with Dvorak last season.
The thing is, they have to be under the cap but not too much, otherwise they ''lose'' the difference between their collective cap hit and the cap ceiling.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
So we can't do what Vegas did and bury Price's contract? Gary just sucking Vegas balls as usual? probably been discussed by I just caught this.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I would have pick Imama before Pelletier god damn.

We have enough smurf, we have enough injury prone players.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If Jakob Pelletier can't make the Flames.. let's be real here.
LOL
I hope they are in tank mode by week two so we can take a serious shot at Andersson sooner than later.

Actually, theres rumor there trying to find another physical player to support X. Hope this is true.
Yup something to Columbus for Olivier just won't die.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad