HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I think we trade for a RHD next summer.

Habs will give a chance to Barron to start the season unless he has horrible training camp.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
No, they went with Laine, Zegras would not be useful now, unless you want to get rid of Dach.
Should there be any bit of truth to that rumor nothing says HuGo don’t circle back - I don’t know where Verbeek stands wrt Zegras.

Nothing says you can’t have Zegras-Dach-Laine… not that I expect a deal

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
Not sure about that, it’s the kind of deal that happen surfing the offseason

And we already have Matheson and Savard
It's still only 2 out of 6-8.
What i meant was, they need another established top4 RD if they want to have a better shot at making the playoffs. Not just any older D.
I think that's the last glaring hole they have.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
It's still only 2 out of 6-8.
What i meant was, they need another established top4 RD if they want to have a better shot at making the playoffs. Not just any older D.
I think that's the last glaring hole they have.

Montreal's proposed second line played less than 85 games COMBINED last season, they have no true top pair caliber D at the moment unless guys continue to develop, lack a P/GP player and were awful at scoring and defending last year. Plus goaltending with a clear ceiling.

I don't see how a top4 RD is the last glaring hole. I'd argue its not even the most glaring hole.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Just to make you laugh today, here is Eck's rumoured trade that he just posted, its a e4 btw:

Perfetti, Nikolaj Ehlers and a pick to the Canadiens for Nick Suzuki

I think this may officially be the dumbest trade rumour I've ever heard in my 30+ years as a fan of the NHL. It legitimately doesn't make an ounce of anything even resembling a little bit of sence. For the Habs to trade their young captain right now, an incredibly important piece of our core and future, who has great chemistry with our two first line wingers...I'm baffled as to why anyone with even a little bit of common sense would post this "rumour" to their site or blog or whatever. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so f***ing stupid.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I thought we need to keep an open mind? Or is that only when we like the "rumour"?

If someone tell you the earth is flat then you don't have to be open minded.

This is basically the earth is flat of rumour. Ehlers is older, never scored 30 goals, never did 70 points, is a winger, has worse playoffs stats. Unless Suzuki asked for a trade and Winipeg has a top 15 pick to compensate the downgrade it's not happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad