HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
speaking of non sources. ECK says habs are getting close to pull another big deal.

love the IF's from these guys. KH is pretty good at keeping things quiet

Who is ECK?

Also, one thing to notice, the real true insider rarely do rumours. They break the news. For example, friedman never hinted at Habs and Laine, but he broke the news when it happened.

Nobody can really know what is really going on in NHL front office. They operate extremely tightly and even the scouts don't know about trade talks. I doubt Gorton, Hughes, Sedgwick or Lecavalier leak anything, if they do, it is with a purpose and possibly ill intention.

Reactions: sampollock

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
Because everything he's said his sources have told him have been completely wrong. I used to DM with him a lot and he had the Habs taking Wright and Leonard.
Yeah, you're not wrong about that.
I remember when he wrote that the Habs were gonna take Wright, according to a ''league executive''.
He'd just wrote a couple of days earlier that the Habs were very secretive about who they were gonna pick (and rightly so), so someone challenged him about the contradiction.

He didn't like it at all...lol. His colleague (or boss?) at the time, Jimmy Murphy, didn't like it either and came to his defence. They said they were very confident about their source. I'm guessing that ''info'' came from Murphy.

But still, he was just a rookie at the time, so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this latest article.
Maybe because i think it makes sense and it's something other people around the NHL would know if they had discussions with the Habs about it.

Gorton said this week that he's greedy and always looking to make the team better ASAP. So there's that also.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I remember when he wrote that the Habs were gonna take Wright, according to a ''league executive''.
He'd just wrote a couple of days earlier that the Habs were very secretive about who they were gonna pick (and rightly so), so someone challenged him about the contradiction.

He didn't like it at all...lol. His colleague (or boss?) at the time, Jimmy Murphy, didn't like it either and came to his defence. They said they were very confident about their source. I'm guessing that ''info'' came from Murphy.

But still, he was just a rookie at the time, so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this latest article.
Maybe because i think it makes sense and it's something other people around the NHL would know if they had discussions with the Habs about it.

Gorton said this week that he's greedy and always looking to make the team better ASAP. So there's that also.

Having a 'source' that isn't connected to anyone and making reasonable guesses is probably the best that he's doing. I just would take anything from Marco with a massive grain of salt.

We've also watched Engels and Basu get played by the team around the draft, too. But I would still trust those guys more than Marco, as they work with Sportsnet and TSN so naturally their connections and networking are closer to the truth than a guy working on a betting blog.

Reactions: sampollock

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Why do people post stuff from Marco D’Amico? If there’s anyone that’s ever proven that they don’t have any actual sources, it’s him. All he does is grab random pieces he finds anywhere and doesn’t really offer anything of his own to any piece he writes.

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
Who is ECK?

Also, one thing to notice, the real true insider rarely do rumours. They break the news. For example, friedman never hinted at Habs and Laine, but he broke the news when it happened.

Nobody can really know what is really going on in NHL front office. They operate extremely tightly and even the scouts don't know about trade talks. I doubt Gorton, Hughes, Sedgwick or Lecavalier leak anything, if they do, it is with a purpose and possibly ill intention.
Teams mainly use insiders to let everybody know what players are available on the market.
Not every trade discussion end up in a trade.
They can't predict anything. Even teams can't.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Why do people post stuff from Marco D’Amico? If there’s anyone that’s ever proven that they don’t have any actual sources, it’s him. All he does is grab random pieces he finds anywhere and doesn’t really offer anything of his own to any piece he writes.

People will post rumours from some guy with 3 followers if they like the sound of that rumour.

Absent roster defining injuries or contract holdouts, this is the time of year that teams like their rosters the most and the time trades are discussed the least.

Reactions: Vachon23

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Having a 'source' that isn't connected to anyone and making reasonable guesses is probably the best that he's doing. I just would take anything from Marco with a massive grain of salt.

We've also watched Engels and Basu get played by the team around the draft, too. But I would still trust those guys more than Marco, as they work with Sportsnet and TSN so naturally their connections and networking are closer to the truth than a guy working on a betting blog.
I have no use for Engels. He is a blow bag. He is so "NO WAY" habs get Laine.

he has no clue

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023

Maybe he's just speculating. Or maybe not. Just can't know for sure.

Not sure what would be the motivation for someone to play with him in this case.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Gorton seems to be more than ready to come out of the rebuild..................interesting.
In NY he wanted one more year to rebuild, and the owner fired him!! LOL.....lucky for us.
Glad these guys know you can't stay stuck in a rebuild....so many prospects, and so much draft capital.
Looking forward to this season....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad