HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Konyushkov or Barron, Kapanen or Mesar, CGY/FLA 1st, CLB 2nd.

That's if the team is confident in making the playoffs. Sid wouldn't join otherwise I think.

Edit: With a good roster player: Newhook + CGY/FLA 1st, Habs 2nd ?
Adding Crosby and Demidov next summer would be too much to be true. Can you imagine a line of Laine, Crosby and Demidov,?

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
So was Gallagher when he signed his contract. You should never give money to players for what they did.
the difference is Gallagher was a top 6 player had a mediocre playoff, signes long term at 29 years old. Drasaitl is an elite player and had awesome playoffs. Even is he is become medicore at 34/35years old, he will remain a kind of top 6 player ocerpaid, maybe not elite at that time but... Gallagher is a middle 6 at best. That expensive

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
So was Gallagher when he signed his contract. You should never give money to players for what they did.
So Pittsburgh should NOT have resigned Crosby to that lucrative deal a few years back ??

I mean there’s 1000 examples.

Your job as a GM is to predict if the player is capable of living up to his salary and for an older player at least 75% of his contract if you are contending.

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
Konyushkov or Barron, Kapanen or Mesar, CGY/FLA 1st, CLB 2nd.

That's if the team is confident in making the playoffs. Sid wouldn't join otherwise I think.

Edit: With a good roster player: Newhook + CGY/FLA 1st, Habs 2nd ?
Crosby is the ultimate vet and for once, we can afford it. Prospect&pick pool is deeeep and most can become trade bait as we push for it.

I think Crosby wants to leave Pittsburg once they rebuild. If so, Habs will be one a very selective list of potential destinations.

His childhood team is now well managed and on the verge of many cup runs. He must like what he see compare to Pittsburgh shootshow.

He's also the kind of guys who will take the Suzuki contract to fit the team culture. Our top 9 would be ... insane

Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Laine-Dach-Newhook
Roy-Crosby-Demidov

With Hage, Beck, Kapanen, Mesar, Heineman and many more waiting for their chance.

Kent will be crowded if this ever happens.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Exactly

In 92-93 Damhousse and Muller were considered vet.

Damphousse was 25
Muller was 27
Desjardins was 23
Schneider was 23
LeClair was 23
Roy was 27 (younger than Dvorak)

That whole defense was young. I don't include ramage because he wasn't a regular, jjd might have been the oldest guy and he wasn't even that old himself .

Desjardins, odelein, schneider, haller, brisebois were all puppies, but they all went on to play a a shit ton of games in this league aside from haller.

Reactions: tazsub3

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
That whole defense was young. I don't include ramage because he wasn't a regular, jjd might have been the oldest guy and he wasn't even that old himself .

Desjardins, odelein, schneider, haller, brisebois were all puppies, but they all went on to play a a shit ton of games in this league aside from haller.
The one trait that they shared with our current defensive corps, is that they were mostly mobile.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Gallagher's contract was not well-deserved. It overpaid him relative to his impact and injury risk and the NMC was not appropriate whatsoever.

Reactions: bsl and the

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
After the Laine trade DW did say he was looking to take on a bad contract or two for assets. Now, with the passing of Johnny Hockey, the NHL might allow them to be under for this season given the recent events. It wasn't done purposely like the Coyotes...
CJB has a roster spot left, that ~$3m will not be a problem to fill.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
So Pittsburgh should NOT have resigned Crosby to that lucrative deal a few years back ??

I mean there’s 1000 examples.

Your job as a GM is to predict if the player is capable of living up to his salary and for an older player at least 75% of his contract if you are contending.
Exactly. I just speculate here. But. If Caufield starts to be less effective at 29 years old (the year he need to sign his next contract. Sometimes it better to leave him on the ufa market and gain cap space for another move. At one point, you cannot sign everyone and tou need make some tough choice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad