HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Did they say what we offered?
No just that he heard Montreal was in (and New Jersey) per Friedman.

People are theorizing that they wanted Beck (the C they got was a recent 32nd overall pick) and that's why it didn't happen. Honestly, I wouldn't make that trade either. Beck is pretty much the crux of our C prospect depth at the moment.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

People are theorizing that they wanted Beck (the C they got was a recent 32nd overall pick) and that's why it didn't happen. Honestly, I wouldn't make that trade either. Beck is pretty much the crux of our C prospect depth at the moment.
Yeah, Askarov is more of a top prospect at his position, but Beck has such a long term NHL career vibe to him, losing him would have definitely given me pause :ha:

Reactions: jrom

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

I’d have offered Mesar and Primeau for what the Sharks gave and even that is probably too much. Maybe Askarov and a 2nd vs the 3rd for that package.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Yup, right move, has to be sweet for Montreal to trade for goalie. Beck off limits.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
San Jose had to trade for a goalie at some point since they literally have nothing in the pipeline and Askarov fits their age group and time line. But Askarov, other than being a highly touted prospect has done nothing.

If I showed you these two players AHL stats:

Player A:
Playoffs
12 GP - 2.70 GAA, 903 save %
5 GP - 3.25 GAA, 882 save %

Player B:
Playoffs:
14 GP, 2.17 GAA, 936 save %
4 GP, 2.52 GAA, 912 save %

Which one of these two would you say its Askarov. For the record player B is Cayden Primeau on a much worse team than Askarov.
You're cherry-picking playoff stats between Primeau's 22/23 year old seasons and Askarov's 20/21 year old seasons. Also, why did you avoid including the regular season stats for those seasons? The ones with double the amount of games played. The ones where Primeau had a 2.94 GAA/909 % then 3.04 GAA/909 % while Askarov had 2.69 GAA/911 % then 2.39 GAA/911%.

B1g B1rd

Habs Best Def of all times
May 21, 2018
I love the move to get me wrong, I just don’t expect him to resign on a friendly deal
I also think he wont resign with us because too expensive. 27-28 yo, it's not friendly deal territory, its cash max time. Imo, HuGo will monetize him as he did with Monahan. And if Laine does well - which I believe he will do - he's gonna be worth close to gold. At least, I hope :o)

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I also think he wont resign with us because too expensive. 27-28 yo, it's not friendly deal territory. Imo, HuGo will monetize him as he did with Monahan. And if Laine does well - which I believe he will do - he's gonna be worth close to gold. At least, I hope :o)
If he gets back to 2019 form he won't be traded unless his ask is completely ridiculous or he is a disruption.

Reactions: bsl

B1g B1rd

Habs Best Def of all times
May 21, 2018
If he gets back to 2019 form he won't be traded unless his ask is completely ridiculous or he is a disruption
Fair enough but I think someone will want to pay more than us in 2 years. He will want to hit FA and we will trade him at TDL.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Please Hugues Trade Anderson or Armia

I'm hoping we get 2nds for Armia and Dvo at the deadline. I think each can produce in the right role.

Armia with Newhook and Roy. Dvorak with Laine and Dach.

I have no hope to trade Anderson and don't want him ruining one of the top 3 lines. If he gets a shot and does something with it, well that would be great. There will be injuries and slumps. He'll get his chance.

If he gets back to 2019 form he won't be traded unless his ask is completely ridiculous or he is a disruption.
If he gets back to 2019 form I expect his ask to be ridiculous. But we'll have to see...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Can't believe we got A 2nd and Laine out of Harris. A 2nd is already an overpayment, imagine getting a full-on 40g scorer.

I'm hoping we get 2nds for Armia and Dvo at the deadline. I think each can produce in the right role.

I have no hope to trade Anderson and don't want him ruining one of the top 3 lines. If he gets a shot and does something with it, well that would be great. There will be injuries and slumps. He'll get his chance.

If he gets back to 2019 form I expect his ask to be ridiculous. But we'll have to see...
Were not selling this deadline.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Do you think Armia and Dvorak will be available if Habs are in playoff contention. I can see Habs buying and selling. Like moving Dvorak and adding a vet expiring contract.

Laine has played for 2 teams with problematic dressing rooms. He is going to be treated well with the Habs. Will he want to take a chance of ending up in another bad situation?

Can't believe we got A 2nd and Laine out of Harris. A 2nd is already an overpayment, imagine getting a full-on 40g scorer.

The 2nd was for taking Laine with no retention. I am sure Hughes would return the favor to Waddell if Habs needed to move a contract without retention.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Laine should answer the bell well. He's had long rest, a trade to new team. Playing for a great coach who doesn't play a defensive style. Everything is in his wheelhouse. If he doesn't respond well he likely never will. I predict 40 goals

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
McGroarty never even gave the team a chance. He seemed just snobby

The other guys had rifts with prior leadership in Wheeler and Byfuglien and they're gone
And Scheifele and he's not. And lets not act like Winnipeg is one big magnet to keep people in, in fact, it has the opposite. The city sucks, it's cold and it's ugly.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
And Scheifele and he's not. And lets not act like Winnipeg is one big magnet to keep people in, in fact, it has the opposite. The city sucks, it's cold and it's ugly.
True. And because of that they can't afford to have any other negative factors like a bad dressing room. Need good mangement, good coaching and character players (like Montreal has) and a potential winner and you may be able to at least keep players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad