HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I'm hoping we get 2nds for Armia and Dvo at the deadline. I think each can produce in the right role.

Armia with Newhook and Roy. Dvorak with Laine and Dach.

I have no hope to trade Anderson and don't want him ruining one of the top 3 lines. If he gets a shot and does something with it, well that would be great. There will be injuries and slumps. He'll get his chance.
To avoid Dvorak on the top two lines, we could sign Pacio or JVR for one year until Demidov arrives.

I really like Roy-Newhook-Armia for our 3rd line.

Reactions: 26Mats

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
We have the same lineup as last season minus Laine lol , and our bottom 6 is still horrid , i mean we'll be better but we are 100% selling at the TDL
Newhook, Roy and Armia is not horrid for a 3rd line, not at all.

We are missing a winger to play with Dach and Laine. Could Kapanen surprise at camp?

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Matheson as a start?

They went a hockey trade.

Cant throw our young D to the wolves like that. Matheson and Savard are still needed to eat up top 4 minutes this season.

We can trade Savard at the deadline when we fall out of the playoff race. Keep at least one vet for next season

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Wheeler was bought out because he's a shit leader.

Byfuglien just didn't have a passion for hockey anymore. I believe it was concussion related.

Didn't hear of Ehlers wanting out.
Wheeler was not happy with Rick Bowness and was very vocal about it after they got eliminated. Was bought out shortly after.

Buff walked away from millions of dollars to not play for the Jets.

Ehlers has said he will not sign an extension with the Jets.

Even their coach, Maurice quit before his contract was up to leave the Peg.

Something is definitely up with that Winnipeg team. Long line of bodies wanting to get out of there.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

We are missing a winger to play with Dach and Laine. Could Kapanen surprise at camp?
Newhook will be on the 2nd line. Armia and Roy need a centre.

Wheeler was not happy with Rick Bowness and was very vocal about it after they got eliminated. Was bought out shortly after.

Buff walked away from millions of dollars to not play for the Jets.

Ehlers has said he will not sign an extension with the Jets.

Even their coach, Maurice quit before his contract was up to leave the Peg.

Something is definitely up with that Winnipeg team. Long line of bodies wanting to get out of there.
Buff could have forced his way to another team if he had wanted to play.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
So obvious. Nothing wrong with paying market value for top talent when you have a competitive team, especially one where most of the core is locked up at nice AAVs.

More precisely, at that point, Price comes off the books, while Gallagher and Anderson have only one year left if not already gone. The money being saved in the next two seasons plus the cap rise will combine for a much greater amount than any raises needed to guys not locked up right now.

We will be able to afford a hypothetical stud-performing Laine PLUS one or two more star players.
I'm not sure how you figure that they can add one of two star players on top on Laine.
Not sure where they would fit in the line-up either.

Barring major changes, i think they'll have around 16M of free cap space in two years.
But they'll have to re-sign Dach, Hutson, Xhekaj, Roy, Mailloux and maybe Barron (probably not). Also Laine and Matheson if they decide to keep them.
Dach and Hutson will probably sign long term deals. That's maybe around 8-10M right there. I'm just talking pay increase here.
That doesn't leave much for the rest.

Then you also have Demidov and Reinbacher that may sign long term deals out of their ELCs in 3 or 4 years.
The 10M saved with Gallagher and Anderson leaving, along with the 4M yearly cap increase, will be used to sign those two players, Newhook and other guys like Beck coming out of their ELCs.

They'll have plenty of cap space for the next two seasons but after that, i think they'll just have enough to sign their own guys.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

Roy has yet to bloom. As a center Newhook is simply not it. As for Armia , i think we know enough that he belongs on a 4th. He shows up once in 10games. Gotta have someone with stronger presence

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Newhook will be on the 2nd line. Armia and Roy need a centre.

Buff could have forced his way to another team if he had wanted to play.
But apparently playing in Winnipeg sucked any joy he had for playing hockey completely from his soul.

I think you’re missing the bigger picture here.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
But apparently playing in Winnipeg sucked any joy he had for playing hockey completely from his soul.

I think you’re missing the bigger picture here.
He was a vet. If he didn't get along with the Wheeler clique he could have asked for a trade early on. He didn't have to stay and let it bring him down.

Jul 6, 2016
We need a one year placeholder on line 2 until Demidov arrives.
Roy, Armia, Newhook Or Anderson will hold this chair, or will be tried for some time. What is most important is that Dach and Laine click and find chemistry quickly.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
We have the same lineup as last season minus Laine lol , and our bottom 6 is still horrid , i mean we'll be better but we are 100% selling at the TDL
Plus a healthy Dach, full time Roy, healthy Newie and AX, no Allen and Hutson. Thats a lot of talent.

The team sucked last year because it was a two forward team. Dach, Roy, Caufield, Newhook and Laine change that pretty hard.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
To avoid Dvorak on the top two lines, we could sign Pacio or JVR for one year until Demidov arrives.

I really like Roy-Newhook-Armia for our 3rd line.
Yeah I think it would be hard on the opposition if our 3rd line was Roy-Newhook-Armia. But I expect MSL to start with Gallagher over Roy. Roy will have really impress in preseason. Or else it will take time for MSL to put Roy above Gallagher.

And I'm one of the few that thinkDvo would be good and produce well playing wing with Dach and Laine.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Do you think Armia and Dvorak will be available if Habs are in playoff contention. I can see Habs buying and selling. Like moving Dvorak and adding a vet expiring contract.

Laine has played for 2 teams with problematic dressing rooms. He is going to be treated well with the Habs. Will he want to take a chance of ending up in another bad situation?

The 2nd was for taking Laine with no retention. I am sure Hughes would return the favor to Waddell if Habs needed to move a contract without retention.

Yeah, for sure we may not be sellers.

But I would really like to see what Hughes would do with a couple 2nds. For sure package one with the Florida 1st to move up.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Plus a healthy Dach, full time Roy, healthy Newie and AX, no Allen and Hutson. Thats a lot of talent.

The team sucked last year because it was a two forward team. Dach, Roy, Caufield, Newhook and Laine change that pretty hard.
Im not saying im not thrilled to see the kids but i have my expectation in the middle.

We'll see if Slaf can keep it up , If Dach can stay healthy if Roy can be a regular nhler. See if Laine and Newhook can produce.

Alot of question mark. Not everything will go bad but not everything will turn great either.

Our bottom 6 still needs a complete revamp (Gallagher Anderson Dvorak Evans Armia) are just not it.

Alot of questions in the net also.

Defensively I don't think we will be much better . Hutson will be great offensively but we i don't expect many big improvement defensively unless Mailloux and Popcorn make the team and makes a big impact defensively.

Reactions: the

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad