HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Im not saying im not thrilled to see the kids but i have my expectation in the middle.

We'll see if Slaf can keep it up , If Dach can stay healthy if Roy can be a regular nhler. See if Laine and Newhook can produce.

Alot of question mark. Not everything will go bad but not everything will turn great either.

Our bottom 6 still needs a complete revamp (Gallagher Anderson Dvorak Evans Armia) are just not it.

Alot of questions in the net also.

Defensively I don't think we will be much better . Hutson will be great offensively but we i don't expect many big improvement defensively unless Mailloux and Popcorn make the team and makes a big impact defensively.
Why is Reinbacher popcorn

😆

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Im not saying im not thrilled to see the kids but i have my expectation in the middle.

We'll see if Slaf can keep it up , If Dach can stay healthy if Roy can be a regular nhler. See if Laine and Newhook can produce.

Alot of question mark. Not everything will go bad but not everything will turn great either.

Our bottom 6 still needs a complete revamp (Gallagher Anderson Dvorak Evans Armia) are just not it.

Alot of questions in the net also.

Defensively I don't think we will be much better . Hutson will be great offensively but we i don't expect many big improvement defensively unless Mailloux and Popcorn make the team and makes a big impact defensively.
I expect to be at least in the running for the POs up until game 75ish. If were sellers its conservative (Armia and Savard)

Newhook-Dvorak-Armia
RHP-Evans-Anderson/Gallagher/Heineman/Kapanen

Is still better than what we had last year. I expect RHP to have a bounce back season he can't be as unlucky as he was last year. I would've loved an upgrade in the bottom 6 but it is what it is. Pushing down Newhook/Roy to the bottom 6 with the Laine acquisition was actually massive for the bottom 6.

😆
Orville Redenbacher

• Haha
Reactions: Legend123

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
We have the same lineup as last season minus Laine lol , and our bottom 6 is still horrid , i mean we'll be better but we are 100% selling at the TDL
Laine, Dach inserted in the top 6, that’s pretty significant.

Add Hutson to the blue line and gone is the 3 goalie system.

Newhook for 70+ games and Slaf not playing like ass for the first 25 games should lead to more victories

Same team but not really

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I'd rather have help right now for the season, see where Poulin can fit in, if he can. Have Eller move Dvorak or Evans to one of the wings, effectively kicking Anderson and Gallagher off the starting 12.
Out of camp if Anderson and Gallagher really can't follow, I would see it. Otherwise, I'd be inclined to wait it out. If the team remains relatively healthy, with Laine, they are at least a bubble team. Then we may want to buy yes, or sign Patches. Having both Patches and Eller back for a run would be attractive to all fans I suppose.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
We have the same lineup as last season minus Laine lol , and our bottom 6 is still horrid , i mean we'll be better but we are 100% selling at the TDL

Minus Laine
Minus Dach
Minus Hutson

I mean we're not talking small pieces here.
The strenght of adding quality players is that it drop mostly everyone down one spot.

We have overpaid players on our bottom 6, but it's far from being a bad one.
Dvorak and Evans as center with Armia, Anderson, Gallagher and most likely Roy or Newhook as wingers. It's actually good.

There's no place for Pezzetta or RHP. There's no Pearson or White either.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

😆
why not lolll
I expect to be at least in the running for the POs up until game 75ish. If were sellers its conservative (Armia and Savard)

Newhook-Dvorak-Armia
RHP-Evans-Anderson/Gallagher/Heineman/Kapanen

Is still better than what we had last year. I expect RHP to have a bounce back season he can't be as unlucky as he was last year. I would've loved an upgrade in the bottom 6 but it is what it is. Pushing down Newhook/Roy to the bottom 6 with the Laine acquisition was actually massive for the bottom 6.

Orville Redenbacher
oh it is better in a way but i still think our bottom 6 is weak and overpaid that doesnt bring much energy
Minus Laine
Minus Dach
Minus Hutson

I mean we're not talking small pieces here.
The strenght of adding quality players is that it drop mostly everyone down one spot.

We have overpaid players on our bottom 6, but it's far from being a bad one.
Dvorak and Evans as center with Armia, Anderson, Gallagher and most likely Roy or Newhook as wingers. It's actually good.

There's no place for Pezzetta or RHP. There's no Pearson or White either.
I agree but
Hutson is not a guaranteed top d-man
Dach we still have to know if he can stay healthy for 30 games.
Laine is big ? with low cost and extremely high reward.
I think we would need pretty much everyone at 200% to perhaps making the playoffs at this moment.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
why not lolll

oh it is better in a way but i still think our bottom 6 is weak and overpaid that doesnt bring much energy

I agree but
Hutson is not a guaranteed top d-man
Dach we still have to know if he can stay healthy for 30 games.
Laine is big ? with low cost and extremely high reward.
I think we would need pretty much everyone at 200% to perhaps making the playoffs at this moment.
Caufield hitting 35-40 goals would be huge too

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

SisuHabsSisu

Jul 4, 2023
Again, please be nice if a) there is already a thread about this; b)”don’t be such a moron, everyone knows…” or c) this is HFboards…nice?!

Is there any appetite/mathematical possibility for an offer sheet?

I imagine spending on Laine would make it financially unfeasible but if CP31’s LTIR is coming off the books I would imagine HuGo might eat the 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks required to spend on an $8-9M contract.

Yes, Fowler is coming. Yes, money is needed for upcoming contracts. Yes, goalies are a crapshoot. But a known quantity franchise goalie - Fowler cannot be called a slam dunk before having played a single pro game - doesn’t come around very frequently. And cup-winning teams usually have an above average WAR goalie, no?

Ok…savage me… (that’s what she said)

PS A snarky one word answer “No” would go in the not nice category. Santa is watching 👀

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Trade proposal thread my guy.

It's been shown you don't need to really pay a goalie a lot and it might be better not to in order to be competitive.

I'm not saying you could put any goalie in and be successful, he still needs to be good, but it seems an elite goalie and a good team can't quite win, while a great team and a good goalie wins way more often than not.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Wheeler was not happy with Rick Bowness and was very vocal about it after they got eliminated. Was bought out shortly after.

Buff walked away from millions of dollars to not play for the Jets.

Ehlers has said he will not sign an extension with the Jets.

Even their coach, Maurice quit before his contract was up to leave the Peg.

Something is definitely up with that Winnipeg team. Long line of bodies wanting to get out of there.
Buff just straight up walked away from hockey.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Gallagher had 16 goals last year, fifth on the team.
Good luck getting 16 goals without all those Desharnais like preferential treatment he got. They tried to pump up his stats as much as possible in the hope of getting rid of him but nobody would be dumb enough to acquire him. His stats are super inflated. He’s a liability on the ice more than anything.

He’s already struggling being an effective NHL player with 12 mins of ice time. You can put a lipstick on a pig but he’s still a pig. He won’t last long.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
In a vaccuum maybe, but not at the price paid. That was way too much for us to consider competing with.

Imagine not only giving up our 2025 first rounder PLUS a top-tier prospect, but also agreeing to pre-extend guy with 2 games NHL experience and a so-so AHL playoff record to a bridge deal around double the AAV that Xhekaj, Barron, and Primeau earn.

San José is taking a big gamble, but we didn't need to be as all-in for this one player.

Extended only 2 years for 2 million/per. That's not crazy.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Good luck getting 16 goals without all those Desharnais like preferential treatment he got. They tried to pump up his stats as much as possible in the hope of getting rid of him but nobody would be dumb enough to acquire him. His stats are super inflated. He’s a liability on the ice more than anything.

He’s already struggling being an effective NHL player with 12 mins of ice time. You can put a lipstick on a pig but he’s still a pig. He won’t last long.
13:47 of ice time, almost never with Suzuki nor even Newhook, does not look like preferential treatment. His centers were most often Evans or Dvorak.

Extended only 2 years for 2 million/per. That's not crazy.
Do you have any examples EVER of a guy extended at $2M with only 2 games NHL experience?

Reactions: tazsub3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad