HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Honestly there is just Nashville that really need to moves some money

NSH have 600K$ and only carrying 20 players - they need to clear 2.25M$ Glass is the guy I would target would be a low risk gamble our bottom 6.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

NSH have 600K$ and only carrying 20 players - they need to clear 2.25M$ Glass is the guy I would target would be a low risk gamble our bottom 6.
Glass? He’s not even better than Dvorak or Evans. Just a waste of an acquisition.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Glass? He’s not even better than Dvorak or Evans. Just a waste of an acquisition.
He would still probably be better than Pezz, ABB, Giniac, RHP... one if not both of Dvorak and Evans might be traded by the TDL, I don't see any other team that really is a spot where they need to get rid of anyone or willing to pay to do so. If there no way to use our cap space, getting a 25yo entering is prime, he is ppg in AHL and close to .3 or more in the NHL former #6 OA pick 6'3" 205lbs it isn't like he has nothing going for him, seem like guy that could play on a bottom 6 and it probably better than nothing. There isn't really a limit to how many player we can acquire as long as it is almost free I don't see why it would be a waste...
We need someone to play in the top 6, but that a bit hard to get, we can use better player to fill the bottom 6, if you getting someone might as well be someone that could have some upside.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Cap casualty at NSH would likely be Glass long before Novak.

Honestly, it makes sense. With RHP out we need NHL depth for the bottom6 and have too much cap space.

Not a sexy acquisition but if they give up a pick or two to unload him, it makes sense.

I want enough depth that Pezzetta has to actually work hard to get TOI.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Honestly, the trade market should be really slow this summer. Not much teams in cap problems (Nashville) and not much team clearly starting to go full rebuild (Calgary).

Maybe hockey trades happen but i think it will be boring.

Reactions: Deus ex machina

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Tomasino or Glass would definitely be good candidates for a Dach/Newhook type of reclamation project. Both have been producing very well at the AHL level and are kinda stuck in no men's land right now. They're both 25 or under too, so there's still time to try and get them going and they fit in our age range. We could help take some money off the cap for Nashville and get one of the two back as a sweetener.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Nephasted

Jan 29, 2018
Reactions: Deus ex machina

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

In big, there suppositly a trade on the table at the draft with the duck according to Marco Normandin
  • To Montréal : Trevor Zegras + 2nd round pick
  • To Anaheim : Logan Mailloux and pick 21 of the 1st round ( Micheal Hage)

Habs decide to keep the 21 ans draft Hageqhen he fall at the draft!

Thank god we dodged that bullet - but Hughes said the trade was nixed because they got Demidov, so don't think Hage being there at 21 had anything to do with it.

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
Thank god we dodged that bullet - but Hughes said the trade was nixed because they got Demidov, so don't think Hage being there at 21 had anything to do with it.
To be fair, Hugues said after the first round that he would've trade the 21OA pick if Hage wasn't there, but it's possible that wasn't entirely truthful.

I'm not sure if this guy really has legit sources but what he wrote at least makes sense.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Not the biggest Zegras fan but if that's true I honestly wouldn't have had an issue with that deal. Mailloux is a reasonable cost to turn a 21OA into an established NHLer with a 2nd line floor. I also don't mind keeping the pick to take Hage instead as personally I don't really think Zegras is "the guy" but I'd be interested in a similar type of deal around that price point for sure.

Reactions: ReHabs

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
If there’s truth to that rumor then two things stick out to me:

- Habs do have interest in Zegras
- Mailloux isn’t untouchable
Not sure the Habs still have interest in Zegras after drafting Demidov.
Hugues talked about not getting duplicates. Those two might qualify as duplicates style wise.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mailloux is available.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
There’s a scene in the NHL Draft Upper Deck video where Hage tells his mom, before Montreal picks him, that “Montreal’s on the phone.” Hmmm . . .

So would they have made the trade if NYI took Hage instead of Eiserman. I wouldn’t have.

Reactions: sampollock

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Why would Demidov influence getting a player who will help this year? It would make more sense if they moved up to 19 to facilitate the trade and only keep the pick if Hage was available.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Why would Demidov influence getting a player who will help this year? It would make more sense if they moved up to 19 to facilitate the trade and only keep the pick if Hage was available.
They nixed the trade right before taking Hage. Had nothing to do with Demidov.

Hughes said this where? I doubt he’d comment on any specific trade rumor where the players involved are named. Mailloux must feel like crap now.

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

In big, there suppositly a trade on the table at the draft with the duck according to Marco Normandin
  • To Montréal : Trevor Zegras + 2nd round pick
  • To Anaheim : Logan Mailloux and pick 21 of the 1st round ( Micheal Hage)

Habs decide to keep the 21 ans draft Hageqhen he fall at the draft!
That's fake

DLC knows shit. I'm impressed these losers even know French.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

I could see it being a 'chair' argument. Getting Demidov gobbled up the chair we desperately needed to fill in the short-medium term for a high output offensive forward.
Hughes said this where? I doubt he’d comment on any specific trade rumor where the players involved are named. Mailloux must feel like crap now.

Hughes said that what happened at #5 affected their willingness to go out and acquire an nhl ready player. 'Not too much duplication'. Hughes hasn't confirmed anything more specific than that, afaik. He'd never confirm a rumor if it implicated an active habs player.

1:45 question by Basu

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I could see it being a 'chair' argument. Getting Demidov gobbled up the chair we desperately needed to fill in the short-medium term for a high output offensive forward.

Hughes said that what happened at #5 affected their willingness to go out and acquire an nhl ready player. 'Not too much duplication'. Hughes hasn't confirmed anything more specific than that, afaik. He'd never confirm a rumor if it implicated an active habs player.

1:45 question by Basu

It is possible that if Demidov wasn't available a defenseman would have been their pick - Dickenson, Buium, Parekh.

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
That's fake

DLC knows shit. I'm impressed these losers even know French.
They could do a better job if they asked ChatGPT to write their articles for them. So many spelling errors and repetitive statements, I wouldn't go as far as saying they "know" French... But I still go there for the "En prolongation" segment because I don't want to fill social media profiles with hockey stuff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad