Hawks, Bulls, & Sox new channel is Chicago Sports Network (CHSN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Good point about multiple channels

Jerry will be majority owner of this new station will he not? If that is case Hawks will find themselves the one's unavailable if Bulls get priority

I dont like this move to be frank

NBC Chicago was great. The Wirtz/Reinsdorf already owned 3/4 of channel and should have bought out the rest and rebranded instead of moving to start a network from ground up

At end of day I expect fans to be screwed over in end and for product quality to be subpar

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Does CHSN have a website operating yet...or does it only come online October 1st?

If they are online now,what is the website internet .com address to search for? ( I do notcseem to find any link as of now in early September).

Or can you only get to aCHmSN website via an app?..and if so,is that app only available only locally for those in the Chicago area?

I know Pat Boyle has been hired byCJSN but wonder who else is joining tge Blackhawks coverage team onthis new network?

I hope they hire Charlie Roumeluitis too,but have heard nothing on that.

Reactions: ray c

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Does CHSN have a website operating yet...or does it only come online October 1st?

If they are online now,what is the website internet .com address to search for? ( I do notcseem to find any link as of now in early September).

Or can you only get to aCHmSN website via an app?..and if so,is that app only available only locally for those in the Chicago area?

I know Pat Boyle has been hired byCJSN but wonder who else is joining tge Blackhawks coverage team onthis new network?

I hope they hire Charlie Roumeluitis too,but have heard nothing on that.
Prepare to be underwhelmed...

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
+infinity

CSN was dropped because Reinsdorf/Wirtz found a firm that would do it for less. That said firm was a skeleton outfit from Nashville (IIRC) nobody has ever heard of didn't matter. I'm sure things will go swimmingly!
Not really. NBC Sports is getting out of the RSN business, that's pretty well documented.

Reactions: belfour30

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
What is there to get upset about. They said that its going to be available on the apps. If not, you can setup an antenna to view it for literally free. Zero subscription needed. Sounds way better than paying lol

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
You probably won't need an antenna if you have cable, relax.

CHSN will likely end up with carriage on multiple cable providers. Comcast is still the place to be in the Chicago-area market. It’ll be interesting to see whether CHSN lands carriage with Comcast through a tiered package or possibly through the FCC’s must-carry rights as a local television station.

“The must-carry law requires the cable provider to air them, so you are in paid TV packages when you are in broadcasts,” said Patrick Crakes, a media consultant and former TV executive. “That’s the good thing. The bad thing is (the networks) aren’t getting paid for it, anything but advertising, and you’re way down the line. When you go to your electronic programming guide from your paid distributor, you see your ABC and your FOX. Once you get past 13, you’ve got Channel 68 and all this other stuff down there. They’re going to be somewhere there probably.”

Reactions: CallMeShaft

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
My hope is they at least have their own app. I watch a lot of games on a 2nd screen monitor, so if they don't I may need to upgrade that to an actual TV I can hook an antenna up to. I'd be willing to pay $5-10 a month to guarantee I can watch over the internet without having to deal with that, although it looks like I can buy a 24" TV for like $60.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'll be honest. I thought the same thing as Pez. People might say "oh well you two old f***s are showing your age" ..... well I can't dispute that. :laugh:
So did I. Like... wtf? An antenna? :laugh:

I still think it's silly to go about all this. Their product was perfectly fine as it was, IMO. Outside of the dogshit broadcaster they got rid of, but that's no longer an issue this season.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
So did I. Like... wtf? An antenna? :laugh:

I still think it's silly to go about all this. Their product was perfectly fine as it was, IMO. Outside of the dogshit broadcaster they got rid of, but that's no longer an issue this season.
Cable. Is. DYING! Less and less people are paying it.

They will be available in far more homes than NBCSCH ever was. Imagine seeing that as a negative.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad