Hawks, Bulls, & Sox new channel is Chicago Sports Network (CHSN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
It's not a "nice gesture," it's damage control. They canned a perfectly functional channel and seemingly don't have a TV broadcast ready by the preseason. Clownshoes.
That is a take.

They didn’t can a perfectly functional channel. NBC is getting out of regional sports business. The contract with the teams and cable providers ended in the same year. NBC saw it as the perfect time to get out.

Reactions: IU Hawks fan

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
:facepalm:

For the 1000th time, NBC IS GETTING OUT OF THE BUSINESS. THEY HAD NO FUTURE DEAL.

They’re getting out of business, but they’re not out of the business yet. There are other NBC regional sports channels that’ll be operating this season still in places like the Bay Area and Philadelphia, for instance. A shorter-term deal or buyout of NBC’s share could’ve been an option, or I don’t know having their broadcasting rights lined up in advance. These are multibillion dollar entities in the third largest media market in the United States, and we don’t even know the channel number(s) for sure (though replacing NBCSC is probably what’ll happen), if they’ll be on the same cable tier, what areas where it’ll be available, or specifics of what’ll be happening when multiple teams are playing simultaneously yet.

I don’t think it’s too much of an ask for these guys to have the wherewithal to be ready to be on TV by the time the Hawks start playing, even if only preseason.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014

Looks like it'll be channels 62.2 and 62.3 for antenna. Which at least answers the question of how many channels it'll be over the air. Was worried it'd be one channel and then potentially online only for the other.

Edit: From the official website

Q. What over-the-air channel is CHSN on and how do I find it?

A. After you have installed your digital antenna, you’ll need to scan for channels. Some people find they need to scan several times, depending on your location and antenna. In Chicagoland, CHSN will air on Channels 62.2 and 62.3. There are two channels to account for two of the teams playing simultaneously. Check out this website for more tips on getting started!

Q. Where can I watch CHSN?

A. In Chicago: 62.2 and 62.3, which will convert to HD and full time CHSN content beginning Oct. 1. Additional markets will be announced this week and in the days thereafter leading up to launch.

Last edited:

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
your isp still sees where you route your traffic brother. look up the 1993 communication assistance for law enforcement act. if it's got power and a data connection, under no circumstance should you trust it.
VPN's encrypt your data as soon as it leaves your machine. They cannot tell where you route your traffic UNLESS you also use their DNS servers which you shouldn't do. If you use their DNS servers then yes they could see what websites you visit.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
VPN's encrypt your data as soon as it leaves your machine. They cannot tell where you route your traffic UNLESS you also use their DNS servers which you shouldn't do. If you use their DNS servers then yes they could see what websites you visit.
taze em's (probably facetious) post specified not using a vpn. even using a vpn, it was my understanding the isp can still see that you've connected to whatever vpn server, it just obscures where the traffic comes out on the other side. iirc using tor is similar.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
taze em's (probably facetious) post specified not using a vpn. even using a vpn, it was my understanding the isp can still see that you've connected to whatever vpn server, it just obscures where the traffic comes out on the other side. iirc using tor is similar.
Yeah they definitely can see you’re on a vpn.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
the-good-old-days-rabbit-ears.gif

Reactions: CallMeShaft

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
They know you're on a VPN. Nothing past that.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Ugh I have to buy an antenna? And I’m going to have to watch commercials again aren’t I?

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Ugh I have to buy an antenna? And I’m going to have to watch commercials again aren’t I?
Depends on who you have as a TV provider. The only one who seems to be locked in, contract wise, so far is Directv/ATT. They're likely trying to drum up contracts with Comcast, Youtube TV, and Hulu+ Live TV ( and whoever else) right now. But they are cutting things very close; 2 weeks from tomorrow to be precise.

Reactions: bwana63

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Depends on who you have as a TV provider. The only one who seems to be locked in, contract wise, so far is Directv/ATT. They're likely trying to drum up contracts with Comcast, Youtube TV, and Hulu+ Live TV ( and whoever else) right now. But they are cutting things very close; 2 weeks from tomorrow to be precise.
The fact that this wasn't done six months ago is absurd.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
The NHL season is going to start with a ton of people unable to tune in, outside of buying a f***ing antenna...
Yeah, I'm not buying a f***ing antenna because of their incompetence. Do these f***ing imbeciles realize how many bars/households just aren't going to watch the Blackhawks to start the season? Bars, especially. This is what happens when you partner up with Jerry f***ing Reinsdorf. Everything that man touches turns to dogshit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad