HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
The entitled generation….

All of McGroarty, PLD, Cutter Gauthier are kids of longtime ECHLers / AHLers - who then seemed to have dedicated their post playing careers into “making their sons” NHLers (albeit high picks)
They're entitled to do what they think is best for them.

Philly's smearjob of Gauthier was a perfect example of Philly's lack of respect for Gauthier. PLD and McGroarty have every right to prefer spending their best years not in a dump organisation in one of the worst cities in North America.

And you don't need to go far to find 'entitled' players... both Hutson and Farrell have had one year of their ELC burned with some end-of-season games and you know it's by mutual agreement/design. Hughes is powerless to stop it. I would not draft out of the NCAA unless the player was clearly heads and shoulders worth the risk.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don't see Hughes doing anything that promises a player anything more than a game to burn off a part of their ELC. Giving top 6 time is just not done and shouldn't be done. Especially not for Rutger McGroarty.
I’d be more upset if we acquire McGroarty and we play him behind the abundance of garbage we currently have on the wings. There’s only two current wingers clearly better than him on our team.

Reactions: Gustave

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Philly's smearjob of Gauthier was a perfect example of Philly's lack of respect for Gauthier. PLD and McGroarty have every right to prefer spending their best years not in a dump organisation in one of the worst cities in North America.

And you don't need to go far to find 'entitled' players... both Hutson and Farrell have had one year of their ELC burned with some end-of-season games and you know it's by mutual agreement/design. Hughes is powerless to stop it. I would not draft out of the NCAA unless the player was clearly heads and shoulders worth the risk.
I never hate on players for looking out for their best interests as long as it's within the rules of what they're allowed to do.

Because GMs look out for whats the best interest of the organization.

Look at Andrei Markov and how he was treated when he hit free agency. Years of loyal service but when its business, there's no emotions/loyalty.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014

Tuch and Struble accepted to sign here on AHL deal, months away from free agency, despite logjam at their position.

Build a quality organisation, treat your player fairly, they will happily be part of it.

I think both Philly and Wpg are also at fault with their young players.

Pretty sure Gauthier and McGroarty would have gladly signed their ELC on common ground acceptable for everyone if they were part of our organisation.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
The entitled generation….

All of McGroarty, PLD, Cutter Gauthier are kids of longtime ECHLers / AHLers - who then seemed to have dedicated their post playing careers into “making their sons” NHLers (albeit high picks)
Because players before the last few years always wanted to play for the team that drafted them. Okay boomer with the "entitled generation" crap.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Oh agreed with this lol that's why I never take these kind of things too seriously. It's fun to discuss but even someone who IS in the know, isn't ultimately pulling the trigger.

I never take these things as a guarantee a trade is coming.

Agreed.

Someone here is upset...wonder who though? lol

OH you big mad lol look at you getting all in your feelings because some people don't agree with you that he's a fraud.

You're welcomed to wait for Darren Dreger to drip feed you rumors to chew on I guess. Maybe he will, maybe he won't, he's been told he might reach out to his contacts, who may or may not exist and that he might get back to you later.

Maybe.
Dreger sucks, too, but yes, come back here with the 100s of idiotic "things" he's "hearing" so I can make fun of you some more.
He called many things way before other people, having said that his infos are most reliable when a NY based teams is involved. He's the one who broke MSL as MTL coach (MSL played in NYR so...)
Yes, and when I've looked into it before it turns out he didn't.

And again, Eklund has gotten things right, too, but the majority of the stuff he mentions, Luke Incarcerated Bob is just wrong.

He "hears" a lot of things because he's a fat, short new Yorker with a terrible Brooklyn accent and has to say whatever he hears because being quiet isn't in the cards for someone like that.

The guy is far, far, far, far, FAR more wrong than he's close to being right.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Looks lame, even for a young billionaire like me brother.
For a young college guy it’s no biggie, there for 4yrs, tons of house parties, ladies, do some ice fishing parties in a fish hut….but then you gotta go and fast lol

I was up in Thompson and loved my time there but it has a shelf life of about 3-4yrs.

I also worked in the Maldives….shelf life indefinite lol

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Pretty sure Gauthier and McGroarty would have gladly signed their ELC on common ground acceptable for everyone if they were part of our organisation.
Hughes would have given them their ELC burning game, but with that they would have been told they would have to fight for a spot on the NHL roster next training camp and burning one game wasn't as if they made the roster.

It might have satisfied Gauthier, but it seems McGroarty believes he's too good for the AHL...

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It took me a long time to really understand that movie, as a young student of film I thought I had to like it, but as a sad, older person, I totally got it and its brilliance on a recent rewatch. lol.

Still haven’t touched the new one.

Sorry to derail. 🤸‍♂️
It's an acquired taste for a lot of people, the story is pretty opaque and it has an all around dark, oppressing atmosphere to it. I was just completely taken by the look of it and the universe on my very first viewing, I had literally never seen anything quite like it at the time visually. I like it to the point where I own several versions/cuts of it, it's one of those movies that I'll rewatch every 2-3 years, to this day.

Last edited:

Leto

The Conciliator
Feb 16, 2023
Urth
It's an acquired taste for a lot of people, the story is pretty opaque and it has an all around dark, oppressing atmosphere to it. I was just completely taken by the look of it and the universe on my very first viewing, I had literally never seen anything quite like it at the time visualy. I like it to the point where I own several versions/cuts of it, it's one of those movies that I'll rewatch every 2-3 years, to this day.

The soundtrack is a banger. Vangelis knocked it out of the park.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Dreger sucks, too, but yes, come back here with the 100s of idiotic "things" he's "hearing" so I can make fun of you some more.
Nah i'm good lol I don't take these things nearly as serious as you do lol

Yes, and when I've looked into it before it turns out he didn't.

And again, Eklund has gotten things right, too, but the majority of the stuff he mentions, Luke Incarcerated Bob is just wrong.

He "hears" a lot of things because he's a fat, short new Yorker with a terrible Brooklyn accent and has to say whatever he hears because being quiet isn't in the cards for someone like that.

The guy is far, far, far, far, FAR more wrong than he's close to being right.
You realize that he's not responsible, nor has ever claimed to be responsible, for deals actually going through, or are you that naive? lol he reports what he hears, whether you think it's legit or not is up to you, it's really not a life and death matter for me like it is for you.

I been following him long enough to know he's plugged in because there's a number of things (especially baseball) that's he reported that have turned out to be 100% bang on, but i'm also grown enough to know the difference between reporting and knowing/deal is executed.

One day when you're all grown up, you'll know the difference too

Last edited:
Reactions: Heffyhoof

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Your first round assets doesnt value first round pick anymore.

Barron is yo-yo between NHL/AHL since 3 years, and he is going to be 23 years old
Mesar D+2 in the OHL is really not impressive
The only valuable piece is the first pick
Vs

Mcgroarty. Maybe the best prospect on Winnipeg Prospect pool

I wouldnt trade mailloux against a bunch of « maybe player »
23yr old D yo yo-ing between AHL and NHL is very very common.

He is RHD, 6’2 200lb+ and has shown offensive flare, I still see him as a 4 if his defensive game rounds up.

Mesar showed his worth in the playoffs….now he has to show it in the AHL….nothing I’ve seen so far says he’s a failure.

Not saying one for one but both plus a 1st is laughable, especially for a player that wants out who has his own issues.

Just my thoughts, I could be absolutely wrong

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I think if the Jets do this

They'd ask for one of Struble/Barron
The unprotected Flames/Panthers pick

Mesar is a thrown in but might be trumped by a Kapanen or a better prospect in Kapanen's tier

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Hughes would have given them their ELC burning game, but with that they would have been told they would have to fight for a spot on the NHL roster next training camp and burning one game wasn't as if they made the roster.

It might have satisfied Gauthier, but it seems McGroarty believes he's too good for the AHL...

Pretty sure McGroarty makes the NHL out of camp if we acquire him, promises or not.

The AHL is overrated as f*** and is mainly for the Ylonen and RHP of this world.

Suzuki, Dach, Newhook, Slaf, Caufield.

The entire constitution of our top 6 was made of immediate NHLer. It the same for the majority of team.

McGroarty is in that tier of prospect especially entering his D+3.

Why do we make such a big deal out of it?

Reactions: Hins77

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It took me a long time to really understand that movie, as a young student of film I thought I had to like it, but as a sad, older person, I totally got it and its brilliance on a recent rewatch. lol.

Still haven’t touched the new one.

Sorry to derail. 🤸‍♂️
New one is okay. Like it's probably the best you would expect a Blade Runner sequel to be. When they anounced the sequel my reaction was it's going to ****. The end result was it was okay. Obviously it doesn't have the appeal of the original because it's already been done but as a sequel it's better than i expected it to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad