HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
No need to go for Katchouk. Poulin should be the target.

I'll hammer this forever. Big, jam, skills, Québécois, cheap, Mike Sullivan doesn,t like him much... Like there's no downsides.
He isn’t represented by Octagon, the point was not only get a cheap player for the bottom 6 but also to get face time with Rantanen and Draisaitl agent…

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The oilers will also never win a cup with Stuart Skinner 🤣 .
Holloway is legit a future bottom 6 player . He looks like a glorified McCarron
Truth be told they were never going to win with Allen either. :laugh:
Skinner actually played very well in elimination games the Oilers offense dried up more than anything.

Holloway at least gave them some good heavy play on the wing and chipped in for a couple of goals.
He was far more effective than Kane and the 5'8" Kailer Yamamoto they played last year.
He is a third line player no doubt but you need those guys too.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Beendair Donedat

I don’t negotiate with Juice Arses
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Right now Hughes looks like a genius for staying out of the UFA contract madness and simply biding his time. Eventually a team that’s over the cap - or very close to it - that has visions of competing is going to come calling and Hughes will extract his pound of flesh for taking on a cap dump.

I enjoy the way that this man operates. He makes bold but logical moves, with the eye for helping the team in both the short and the long term.

As I’ve said for awhile, this is the big year for Hughes to really make some waves. David Savard should return a late first at the deadline. Armia and Dvorak will be moved as well. They won’t garner large returns but clearing another 11 million in change off the books is addition by subtraction.

By the end of the season, the Habs should have grown organically, made some improvements in all areas, but will likely ultimately fall short of making the playoffs. Habs will likely have 3 first round picks for 2025 (assuming they get one for Savard), a ton of cap space, and a young core about to be infused with some major talent up front and on the back end.

This is the biggest year for the Habs in a long time (in my opinion), and the year the franchise finally is able to firmly say the rebuild is finished, and the rise of the Habs like the mythical Phoenix from the ashes, begins again.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I think he could be a solid top 6 winger for us, if we could get him back to the 50 points level. He's also solid on the PK, he plays a pretty well rounded game, he'd complement a guy like Dach real well.
And he can play centre too, I believe. Insurance for Dach.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Caufield-Nick-Slaf
Roy-Dach-Demidov
Newhook-Beck-Mercer
RHP-Evans-Poulin

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO

that 4th line

kermit-the-frog-gross-vomiting-reaction-avhcui18qeek31x2.gif

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
every year names some up that will be UFA's the next year
example Dri from EDM
and every year us fans all predict and hope habs will sign them and every time the team signs them and they don't hit UFA

next year is no different. Habs need to trade for guys, they wont get a chance on these big names by UFA unless they trade for the rights, and even then......

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
am I the only one that thinks Necas wouldn't excel here and would be a cap killer? 53 pts on a loaded Canes team, what the hell is he going to do here? I think the hype is unfounded, worries me a lot about giving up a ton for him.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
He might be the most promising 4th line piece there and even then, nowhere near a sure thing. That line has 9 NHL goals in 2023-24. RHP is gonna need a big camp to show he's anything more than pressbox filler. Vanilla gives jake Evans heart burn.
Evans has no idea what to do in the ozone, he need to play with more creative/better wingers to produce.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
"If Montreal Canadiens GM Kent Hughes is determined to turn to the free agent market to find offensive reinforcements, he essentially has three candidates left.

Daniel Sprong. Tyler Johnson. Alex Nylander. That's it." - TVA Sports
None of the rumored top-6 F have been traded…. will inevitably happen over due course

Reactions: Miller Time

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
am I the only one that thinks Necas wouldn't excel here and would be a cap killer? 53 pts on a loaded Canes team, what the hell is he going to do here? I think the hype is unfounded, worries me a lot about giving up a ton for him.
With him going to arbitration it's probably over for this offseason anyway.

Reactions: Habs

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
Where does Carey Price end up now that his 24’ salary bonus has been paid out?

Also, I was kind of hoping we could’ve traded one of our left shot defenceman for Barrett Hayton in Utah, he would provide great future insurance for our two free agent departing centres

Ad

Ad

Ad