HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Roy migth challenge for a Calder if he is on a regular 2nd line with Dach. I have never seen a fan base so negative against your own team. It's depressing.
Roy was in a bad shape the season previous to his draft year. He said that his new team had better training facilities and he realized his teammates were in better shape than him . That's the reason he was selected far. He also said that he worked hard to loose 25 pounds during the summer. I also think that he had a breathing problem but i am not sure about this one.

a lot of fans keep the first things they read about a player. Roy keeps the reputation of the guy that doesn't work, Mailloux is still view as the really bad guy ( i have even read here a sexual predator:laugh:) for his fault he have made at 17 years old...

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I hope HuGo go absolutely nuts next summer using all those excess picks to make some additions and hopefully dump a Gallagher or Anderson. We've got:

1st x 2
2nd x 2
3rd x 3
4th x 2

Trade 5 or more of those picks and let's ramp things up.

Reactions: Heffyhoof

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Of course you don't give a shit about what i think... you can't be wrong so...
And no, it wasn't all you said.

You do realize that YOU are the one putting the focus on this?

All I did is lay out the reason why I don't think this guy should have a guaranteed top-6 spot.

I'm not going to say it's because he's a bad hockey player. He's not.

This is the reason why I'm not confident about this guy. That's all.

Gandalf The Habs Fan

Oct 29, 2012
Québec
Im really not sure I would do that trade but with the 2024 draft behind us, we have less assets available for a trade.

Does Dach for Necas would be a good base for a trade. I really dont think I would do it because I love Dach, but if I was Carolina and Mtl call me for Necas, that would be my target.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Not a whole lot of valuable assets to trade remaining… maybe CGY 1st 2025, one of our couple 2nd/3rd, Harris,Barron, Armia and Dvorak at TDL…
And I think that's just the ticket I don't think Kent has the horses in the stables to be able to pull off a big trade I think that's why they moved up in the draft and decided to just keep what they have

That being said what do we do with all the defenseman that we have start another club??

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

tumblr_mvnr3pF6Ah1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
And I think that's just the ticket I don't think Kent has the horses in the stables to be able to pull off a big trade I think that's why they moved up in the draft and decided to just keep what they have

That being said what do we do with all the defenseman that we have start another club??
Worst case Barron and Harris can be sent to Laval if they clear waivers.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
There's a ton of smoke around McGroarty concerning us. Do you think it's dead in the water now that the draft is done? Maybe it was 21++.

What could we trade now?
Not sure what Winnipeg needs, but they might go into free agency without trading him, see what they can get and where the holes remain and then deal him to fill in those holes.

If they do do that and there is a need for a dman, then the conditional 1st + Struble/Barron/Harris would suffice imo.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Let's get Mcrgroarty. Mailloux seems too steep Id try hard to work something out without giving up our best prospects

Reactions: bcv

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
There's a ton of smoke around McGroarty concerning us. Do you think it's dead in the water now that the draft is done? Maybe it was 21++.

What could we trade now?
no they wanted 5 from my understanding.
Chevy is a tough negotiator as we've seen when several of his players have asked for trades, he hangs on for a long time til he gets what he wants.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Chevy is a tough negotiator as we've seen when several of his players have asked for trades, he hangs on for a long time til he gets what he wants.

Yeah, I would forget McGroaty. I can see him staying the full 4 years and going UFA if Jets really don't want to play him.

There's no way we were giving up #5. #21 would have been fine. McGroaty was taken 14th, but there were still good players at #21 when we selected. It was a far more equal trade.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Where did you get this?

My understanding from reading Basu's article is that Habs would have drafted a D at 5 and also in parallel traded other assets for McGroarty if Demidov wasn't available at 5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad