HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
No, it's based on him being a total and complete headcase.

If you knew half of the stuff I know you probably would not even have him written down on the starting lineup next season.
ok...you got me...can you fill us in? I'm not sold on Roy from an on ice play perspective but know nothing of off ice stuff

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
ok...you got me...can you fill us in? I'm not sold on Roy from an on ice play perspective but know nothing of off ice stuff

I don't want to pretend like this is even some inside info. It's well known to pretty much everyone who comes from around where he does.

There are countless of anecdotes about him, and they all rely about booze. There's a reason a talent like him slipped to the 5th round and no, he hasn't "gotten it right" or "matured" all that much.

I'm not going to gossip about this though. I'm just going to say he has his obstacles to come by before I actually even consider him part of this core.

Definitely the kind of guy you want to keep hungry and the last thing you want to do is guaranteeing him a spot on the top-6.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't want to pretend like this is even some inside info. It's well known to pretty much everyone who comes from around where he does.

There are countless of anecdotes about him, and they all rely about booze. There's a reason a talent like him slipped to the 5th round and no, he hasn't "gotten it right" or "matured" all that much.

I'm not going to gossip about this though. I'm just going to say he has his obstacles to come by before I actually even consider him part of this core.
So if he hasn't matured and he's such a headcase, why would Hughes even keep him? Unless you think you know him more than Kent does. We could have used him to move up to pick 21 instead of using a late 2nd if he's a massive headcase beyond repair.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Go get Rugter now

Are you prepared to give up Logan Mailloux and possibly something else added on? Because I feel like that’s what it’ll take. It’s an interesting thought. But I’m extremely hesitant to trade that player.

A variation of Justin Barron, Jordan Harris and Sean Farrell isn’t getting it done as much as we all want that.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
So if he hasn't matured and he's such a headcase, why would Hughes even keep him? Unless you think you know him more than Kent does. We could have used him to move up to pick 21 instead of using a late 2nd if he's a massive headcase beyond repair.

I never said he's a lost cause. I said it's a player you don't want to hand a top-6 spot over to without any competition. Make him work to get it. And let him get things right and become a real pro.

That's all.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010

Thanks...first i hear of this. Regardless if true or not, i always thought he was the perfect trade chip in part of a larger trade

Last edited:

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Are you prepared to give up Logan Mailloux and possibly something else added on? Because I feel like that’s what it’ll take. It’s an interesting thought. But I’m extremely hesitant to trade that player.

A variation of Justin Barron, Jordan Harris and Sean Farrell isn’t getting it done as much as we all want that.
Yes, I am.

Reactions: EXPOS123

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

I’m not really high on Mailloux so 1 vs 1 I would do it

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I’m not really high on Mailloux so 1 vs 1 I would do it

Me too. His defensive awareness will never be enough good to have a regular shift when the games will be important. I think Engstrom, even though is lefty but plays right, will fill that void rather quickly.

And what is the purpose of having that many good dmen and never wanting to trade one to fill another need. You have to give to receive. Im not talking to trade one of them for Zegras or anything else. But for a McG’s style of player with his age, yes. No doubt.

Pull that freaking trigger Kent. Now it’s the time.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Would like to see this team toughen up now. A lot of the older guys will be gone when we make another run. Suzy, Slaf, Dach all have some size which is good. And the defense seems ok. But after that I'm a bit worried with all the midgets again. Kent is from Montreal so he knows our fascination with midgets through these last few pathetic decades.

Reactions: Hannibal

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Would like to see this team toughen up now. A lot of the older guys will be gone when we make another run. Suzy, Slaf, Dach all have some size which is good. And the defense seems ok. But after that I'm a bit worried with all the midgets again. Kent is from Montreal so he knows our fascination with midgets through these last few pathetic decades.

Thats why we need McG

Demidov-Suzuki-Slaf
Caufield-Dach-McG

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
I still don't understand why we weren't in on Holtz. Would have been a perfect target: young, high pick, with decent size and still untapped potential that needed a change in scenery.

And most importantly, would have cost next to nothing, I mean you're telling me we couldn't have matched a third round pick and paul freakin cotter?.

There was really nothing to lose...disappointed.

Reactions: habsfan891

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Skinner to be a UFA. We have to sign him if the the price is right and the term is 2 years.

Some players just raise their game in Montreal. Eric Cole was a Habs killer. Then came her and scored 35 with Desharnais as his C. That year was the time to trade him. We should try to do the same with Skinner. Skinner can be a stop gap for Demidov.

Thats why we need McG

Demidov-Suzuki-Slaf
Caufield-Dach-McG
Maybe the Flames pick next year is more appealing than the 21st pick this year.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I still don't understand why we weren't in on Holtz. Would have been a perfect target: young, high pick, with decent size and still untapped potential that needed a change in scenery.

And most importantly, would have cost next to nothing, I mean you're telling me we couldn't have matched a third round pick and paul freakin cotter?.

There was really nothing to lose...disappointed.
Not a lot of progression. Your argument of price VGK paid actually says a lot if that's max they could get for him.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Kings added Liam Greentree just after we picked Hage. Seems like that's what we needed - some size and toughness who can score. But we added another slight skilled center. Surin was there too. We need to add grit and toughness maaaaaaaan. Kings also traded for Jeannot. Come on Kent, you've been saying it all year - we need to build for the playoffs.

Skinner to be a UFA. We have to sign him if the the price is right and the term is 2 years.

Some players just raise their game in Montreal. Eric Cole was a Habs killer. Then came her and scored 35 with Desharnais as his C. That year was the time to trade him. We should try to do the same with Skinner. Skinner can be a stop gap for Demidov.

Maybe the Flames pick next year is more appealing than the 21st pick this year.
I would tank again lol.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal

Definitely the kind of guy you want to keep hungry and the last thing you want to do is guaranteeing him a spot on the top-6.
The "I know this but won't tell you" and the " he's a punk, but won't tell you why" Clubs are full of annoying peoples that place themselves higher than the others by using the " i know stuff that you don't " cards.

I don't care about the things you know . What i know, is that you try to destroy the reputation of a kid that can't defend himself, just by trowing those empty formules " he's this and did that but i won't tell you what it is".

I don't like that kind of behaviour. Just shut up next time, and feel free to delete your comments

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
The "I know this but won't tell you" and the " he's a punk, but won't tell you why" Clubs are full of annoying peoples that place themselves higher than the others by using the " i know stuff that you don't " cards.

I don't care about the things you know . What i know, is that you try to destroy the reputation of a kid that can't defend himself, just by trowing those empty formules " he's this and did that but i won't tell you what it is".

I don't like that kind of behaviour. Just shut up next time, and feel free to delete your comments

I dont give a shit about what you think. I'll say whatever I want. Block me if you don't like it. And mods will feel free to delete those comments if they bypass any rule.

Shoo.
Décalisse

all I said is that I don't see him as a 100% safe bet to be a huge part of this core going forward, and the reason is, yes, because I doubt he has the maturity to fulfill is potential.

This is all there is to it.

Last edited:

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Bourque in Dallas will need a spot, Duchene supposed to extend in Dallas.

I’m in, kinda like McGroarty. Ready for the show and the club is not giving him a spot.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I dont give a shit about what you think. I'll say whatever I want. Block me if you don't like it. And mods will feel free to delete those comments if they bypass any rule.

Shoo.
Décalisse

all I said is that I don't see him as a 100% safe bet to be a huge part of this core going forward, and the reason is, yes, because I doubt he has the maturity to fulfill is potential.

This is all there is to it.
Of course you don't give a shit about what i think... you can't be wrong so...
And no, it wasn't all you said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad