GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Our biggest signings last year were Rodrigues and Mikkola. I doubt many of us predicted a cup win based on that lol

I was ALWAYS a fan of those signings and believed they would be impactful…

Replacing Duclair by Rodrigues was awesome, and Mikkola instead of Marc Staal was gold too.

Adding those players after our Cup run, I was confident. I think a lot of us were…

The task is much different this year… We have to find a top-4 RHD with no money and options left… A versatile bottom-6 player to maybe complement our top-9 is also needed to take Tarasenko/Cousins spot !

If not we are significantly worse… I don’t have a problem with it.

But we lost all our depth, and barely moved on other matters.

Reinho was the prize ! The big one ! Glad we got it, that was so important…

But a little bit underwhelmed nonetheless…

Last edited:

Beezers Mask

Oct 5, 2021
I dont have an issue with that, top 4 dman is my concern, everyone is gone, signing the corpse of Tyson Barrie or Nate Schmidt?
Going to have to go through a trade most likely unless they have another off the radar pickup like Forsling. Maybe a guy like Knight could bring back a top 4 RD?

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Why not just try Samoskevich at top-9? Maybe he will be ready this time

Don’t get me wrong… I think it’s cool we have a couple of spots open for our kids !

Just a bit sad we lost ALL our fourth-line that was SO AWESOME in game #7…

I think we needed to bring back one more fan-favorite too, either Stenlund or Lomberg… Will have to get over it though, because there is no way we had 2M for one of those !

Reinho and Kuli back is pretty awesome already… I just miss a little something though…

Zito still has time, we all know and trust him !

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Carlsson

1719873388939.png

FREEDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I was ALWAYS a fan of those signings and believed they would be impactful…

Replacing Duclair by Rodrigues was awesome, and Mikkola instead of Marc Staal was gold too.

Adding those players after our Cup run, I was confident. I think a lot of us were…

The task is much different this year… We have to find a top-4 RHD with no money and options left… A versatile bottom-6 player to maybe complement our top-9 is also needed to take Tarasenko/Cousins spot !

If not we are significantly worse… I don’t have a problem with it.

But we lost all our depth, and barely moved on other matters.

Reinho was the prize ! The big one ! Glad we got it, that was so important…

But a little bit underwhelmed nonetheless…
Price of success…. we had to secure the Rhino in the room…..

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad