HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Beendair Donedat

Don’t be a Jimmy Juice Arse
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
With Buffalo looking for a veteran right shot defenseman and having traded back already, what if we were to deal them David Savard? Trade would look something like:

To Buffalo: 2024 1st round pick (26th overall), 2024 2nd round pick (48th overall), David Savard

To Montreal: 2024 1st round pick (14th overall).

Montreal could then use the 14th overall pick to either grab someone they really like, or move it right away to acquire McGroarty from Winnipeg.

Walking out of the draft with one of: Lindstrom/Demidov/Iginla and McGroarty would be huge for the forward talent pool moving forward.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Hard to decide which of Matheson’s, Beck’s or #26 OA’s value you overestimate the most here… Mentioning Matheson and Makar in the same sentence is heresy; the former is a second pairing D at best on a good team. Beck has yet to significantly raise his value from his original draft position (#33 OA) and a late first is meh.

Basically, if such an underwhelming package (second pairing D; bottom/middle-6 C prospect and a late 1st) is all it would take to pry away a #6 OA pick, it would happen yearly.

Gross!

You first demonstate your disingenuous agenda by intentionally misrepresenting the Matheson/Makar angle which was clearly stated as just a skating comparison and then go on to low ball Matheson and Beck as assets.

Maybe you are new here so I will go easy.....I am not the one you should be attempting to tangle with especially with reading comprehension issues and disingenuous responses.

Reactions: mdk

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I thought Domi looked pretty good for the Leafs in the playoffs. He plays well under the spotlight and the Leafs are in a cap crunch and can't afford him.

Maybe under a more offensively minded coach in MSL who values creativity there could still be some untapped potential there.

Domi is a world class douche bag who quit on the team in his first go around.....he can stay in Toronto and watch us surpass them in a couple of seasons.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Why are The Preds going to be parting ways with Askarov is he's so sure fire good?
Signing Saros to 8 years would indicate to me he isn't viewed as such. :huh:
This is HF boards where people fall in love with players who were teenage phenoms and then overrate them for years. On the other hand, late bloomers always get questioned in here and the goalie position is a late developing position. There's a decent chance Askarov never gets to Monty's level.

The lack of respect Monty gets in here is silly. Our team defense is among the worst in the NHL and he literally steals points in the standings for this team. He's been doing it for two years. He's even in the discussions to possbily play for Team Canada in the Olympics.

We also have Primeau and Dobes and drafted 3 good young goalies just last year. It might not be wise to use up assets on Askarov who the Preds obviously don't feel secure enough to annoint him as their starting goalie of the future with the reports of Saros getting an 8 year deal.

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
Domi is a world class douche bag who quit on the team in his first go around.....he can stay in Toronto and watch us surpass them in a couple of seasons.
He had one great season while Habs were playing for nothing and the other half of the east was filled with flaming bags of dog shit. Otherwise he sucker punches skilled players and beats shit out of teenagers. Man is a Napoleon complex on skates.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why are The Preds going to be parting ways with Askarov is he's so sure fire good?
Signing Saros to 8 years would indicate to me he isn't viewed as such. :huh:

Preds probably going to shop him with high value and if no bites, they play him as back-up to prove his value? They got time

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Get Rutger!!!

Thats what we need!

What's the deadline for the Jets to sign him? No doubt in my mind that the Jets can use some D injection.

* Jets didn't draft any D last year.
* Drafted Solomonsson 55th in 22
* Drafted Kuzmin 82nd in 21.

Engstrom and Jets 1st would be my max offer. And that might be way too high. I see McGroarty's potential but this is not a sure shot top 6F. Go look at H Borgstrom's NCAA stats. Remember how much the Panthers were pumping him up in the Patch trade discussions?

His skating needs work and that's a red flag for me. Easy to shelter and hide this in the NCAA but at the NHL level, it gets exposed very quickly. Interested but I think because he is potentially available, fans are pumping him up too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: mdk

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I would sign Anthony Beauvillier on a short/cheap contract. With Newhook on the third line it could be good .
Is he an ex-Hughes client? :laugh:

Feels like it would be a wasted contract spot, surely we can sign better. Like a good vet RD to replace Savard when he's traded at the dead line.

Or a good vet center, so we don't have to hold our breath when Dach gets hit along the boards. Dvorak is also on the trade dead line list.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
To Philly
5OA, Anderson

To Mtl
12OA, Farabee, DLO, '25 1st (top 10 protected)

Draft one of Catton, Sennecke, Eiserman

Imagine wasting your chances on Demidov, Lindstrom or a potential 1D for f***ing Farabee, 12OV and another top 10 protected pick.

We tank all f***ing year for this type of opportunity. We should not waste it for this type of quantity package without any gamebreaking asset.

ML16

Aug 28, 2020
Montreal
Gross!

You first demonstate your disingenuous agenda by intentionally misrepresenting the Matheson/Makar angle which was clearly stated as just a skating comparison and then go on to low ball Matheson and Beck as assets.

Maybe you are new here so I will go easy.....I am not the one you should be attempting to tangle with especially with reading comprehension issues and disingenuous responses.

How is saying that Matheson is a second pairing D on a competitive team and Beck a bottom/middle-6 C prospect as it stands low balling either of them? That’s a rather fair assessment for bote.

Considering this, putting forth a package of Matheson + Beck + #26 OA for #6 OA seems to demonstrate a lack of credibility insofar as no serious GM should ever consider it.

But all the better if Hughes actually manages to convince Utah to pull the trigger, I’ll be the first to cheer. Then again they’re new there so maybe Hughes should go easy on them?

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Imagine wasting your chances on Demidov, Lindstrom or a potential 1D for f***ing Farabee, 12OV and another top 10 protected pick.

We tank all f***ing year for this type of opportunity. We should not waste it for this type of quantity package without any gamebreaking asset.
I swear some posters, just want to see trades and activity. This is a terrible proposal. Why da f*** would we want quantity over quality. Arent we tired to pick 40-50pts players.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Won't make that risk. However, there is multiple opinions on how that talent is assessed from 2-15. Different with fans and we have no idea how the Habs build their draft board.

Only way I see us trading down is we really like 2 or 3 guys and would consider taking them 5th but we trade down knowing one of them is there guaranteed... gain another asset.

We are not going to trade down like the Sabres just did (11 to 14). Sabres basically accepted taking whoever is left.

Reactions: Scintillating10

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
IMO, one thing is sure, we will move one dman during this weekend :

Guhle - Savard
Xhekaj - Matheson
Harris - Kovacevic
Hutson - Reinbacher
Barron - Mailloux
Struble - Engstrom

Even if some could start in the AHL, I think what they want to do is give some of our young players opportunities. And with all of those under contracts you need to do something. Maybe it will be underwhelming like trading Kovacevic or Harris but they'll probably do something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad