HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Matheson being the #1D gives breathing room for the Habs younger D to develop.

Theoretically he can fall to 3rd as they improve, at which point yes the Habs can compete.
This. This is the point in having veteran D the kids are insulated and have time to develop to right way. If you trade him with no one ready to replace the points and ice time it could be harmful to their development and actually set the Habs back in the rebuild IMO...

Reactions: Garnet76

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I would be really disappointed if we add Necas. I dont like the player. He's soft and not a playoff type performer and he'll be overpaid. Hard pass.
He would certaintly get us closer to the playoffs.

If they surround him with larger, stronger players it could end up OK.

Reactions: EveryDay

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don’t want nothing of Necas.

Go for Rutger.

Yup, I agree with this. Necas cost to much to acquire and the contract will also cost too much.

He would certaintly get us closer to the playoffs.

If they surround him with larger, stronger players it could end up OK.

He's a got good tempo and energy and skates well. Decent shot. Nothing screams top 6 dynamic forward for me. Cost to acquire and cost of contract is too high. It's a double wammy

I prefer Dach and Newhook trades. Guys who have a fair amount of RFA years left or are already signed to a bridge. With Necas, you got to commit to long term deal right away... before he plays 1 game on your team.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Lol I'm currently watching The Wire for like the 10th time, what a show

200.webp

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Lol I'm currently watching The Wire for like the 10th time, what a show

It's hilarious lol

We can't acquire guys that we have to give a long-term contract to before they play a game, we can't keep 60 point defenseman in their prime that play big minutes, we also can't sign anyone over what Suzuki and Caufield make, we can't sign anyone in FA because they're too old...

All HuGo should be allowed to do is acquire picks and lose games until somehow by a miracle all of our prospects turn into bonafide top-6ers and top-4 defensemen (which are stupid to acquire on the market).

How the hell is this team ever supposed to get better?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's hilarious lol

We can't acquire guys that we have to give a long-term contract to before they play a game, we can't keep 60 point defenseman in their prime that play big minutes, we also can't sign anyone over what Suzuki and Caufield make, we can't sign anyone in FA because they're too old...

All HuGo should be allowed to do is acquire picks and lose games until somehow by a miracle all of our prospects turn into bonafide top-6ers and top-4 defensemen (which are stupid to acquire on the market).

How the hell is this team ever supposed to get better?
Took the thoughts right out of my mind lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad