HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Our bottom 6 are overpaid but they are far from worst in the league. Overpaid means nothing until we need the cap space
I agree. Other than possibly Joshua Roy, no second liners hiding on the third line, but Armia and Gallagher provided 3rd line scoring. It's just that they should have cost $5M and not $10M. Dvorak sucked, however.

Evans and Anderson provided 4th line scoring. Should have cost $3M and not $7M.

We could have used Perron or Sprong for a year or two, but long-term we probably have enough prospects up front to fill the roles of forwards 8-14. Roy and Newhook probably work at 6/7, while our Big Five will lead the way.

You don't want everyone on the same timeline, everyone ages out at the same time?
Every Cup Winner has had a few guys in their thirties.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Given how we’ve been leading the league in man games lost over the last 3 seasons at least, I’m comfortable saying that this likely won’t happen.

That's what most of us thought back in 2012... we had suffered through a few straight seasons of leading the league in man games lost and Markov was coming back from major knee surgery.

2012-2013 = division winner, led the league in fewest games lost to injury (and sadly, cemented the start of MB's reign of error).

The injury thing can pivot on a dime. Let's hope that after a few straight years of piss poor luck, things normalize for us.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
With 17 goals in 66 games last season think Armia will see some duty on 2nd line to increase trade value?

Like to get a first pick for him at deadline? Retained. He's good defensively, if on pace for 20 goals and 50% retained he would have high value.

Reactions: Benstheman

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
With 17 goals in 66 games last season think Armia will see some duty on 2nd line to increase trade value?

Like to get a first pick for him at deadline? Retained. He's good defensively, if on pace for 20 goals and 50% retained he would have high value.

He's got to stay healthy, which he did last year but it's generally been a issue. I suppose those injury battles have played a part in his general lack of consistency as well, but if he can continue this year what he did last year, for sure he will be valued. First round is probably ambitious though.

Reactions: Walrus26 and HabsQC

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
We're probably going to get try hard Armia this year because he's in a contract year so who knows what he'll fetch?

I predict he goes for a 3rd

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
He's got to stay healthy, which he did last year but it's generally been a issue. I suppose those injury battles have played a part in his general lack of consistency as well, but if he can continue this year what he did last year, for sure he will be valued. First round is probably ambitious though.
Post-AHL stint Armia was a much more consistent version of the One-Man-Armia he's always showed those brief flashes of.

It will be good for his future employment prospects and our on-ice performance if that continues.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

We only have 1 retain spot which is likely going to Savard as he should have higher value.

I don't expect more than a third for Armia. The end of last season with silver spoon minutes doesn't magically erase the rest of his career.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Joins long line of hometown boys who, “want to come home to play” when the end is near..
Also joins list of Francophones who the press immediately report wants to go to Montreal. That’s been going on forever and it never happens.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
It would also be great if Dvorak had a solid season, so we can get something for him at the deadline. Solid third line centers are a premium at TDL.

WE could get a bunch of other 2nd's and 3rd's round picks for Armia, Savard, Dvorak, one of which HuGo will use the last retention spot on. Not sure about getting a late 1st. Maybe Armia or Dvorak with retention if one of them is having a great season.

Reactions: HabsQC

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
You can always buy a retention spot too for a late draft pick.

Only if teams have spots available and are willing to sell them for a late pick.

I still doubt Armia and Dvorak gather much more than a 3rd at 50%. Highly dependent on what the market looks like at TDL though.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Whoa...Blues offersheeting for Broberg and Holloway.

Actually jealous...it will cost them nothing but a second and a third.

And 7 mil in cap space assuming Edmonton doesn't match.

I expect Edmonton to match Holloway though and Montreal doesn't need another young LD.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Well Letang is another former Hughes client, who the GM seems to target regularly
I don't see why we would be interested in Letang unless they take back one of Gallagher or Anderson without retention. Letang is 37 and still signed for 4 more years. If Mailloux and Reinbacher both develop as NHLer that would be an issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad