HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024-25 Season

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If KH makes no deal (for any reason, he doesn't want or can't) this season to boost this line up and that this team finish again in the bottom 5 of the league (which a lot of analysts predicted before the start of season), you are telling me that it is ok for Suzuki or any other player to get mad that the GM/organization because the team wasn't competitive?? There should be no surprised that this team will struggle this year again.... massive holes in the line up and tones of young players.
Well I would hope they would be mad...players should want to compete and want the team to get better.

But it's not their job so how they feel about it, if that's the main point you were making, doesn't really matter. Though I would argue it's not something Management should ignore either.
If I recall correctly, they where asked when Gorton/KH came in if they wanted to be part of the rebuild and they all signed on to the plan. If they are now unhappy with the plan... well yeah, maybe you trade them. You can't fix all of habs problem overnight. That is just the way it is.

So, in other word, this comes down to staying with the rebuild plan and not taking shortcuts because it is difficult. If trade opportunity comes along that fit in the plan, go ahead. but dont pull a Ottawa.
Yes I would hope the players understand it's a process and while a lot of signs point to this organization moving in the right direction, there's just so much inexperience on D and while we've got some really good young forwards, there's still a lot of deadwood to get rid of.

Reactions: Kosseca

vokiel

#DanzeMolsonMix
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
The player Montreal needs to trade is Newhook.....no spot in top 6 and top 9 with the forwards they have coming up....need more of a 2 way forward or physical forward for bottom 6.
I agree, but ... It's preferable to talk trade with the players, the other teams want. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad