HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024-25 Season

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
We have more wins than the Preds who supposedly ‘won’ free agency frenzy and have a Norris winning D man and Vezina quality tender but have a shit prospect pool and will be forced to trade some of their first rounders this year to salvage the season. Us going for a quick fix to be a bubble team would be a mistake, let the deadweight go this season and look towards next year

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
We have more wins than the Preds who supposedly ‘won’ free agency frenzy and have a Norris winning D man and Vezina quality tender but have a shit prospect pool and will be forced to trade some of their first rounders this year to salvage the season. Us going for a quick fix to be a bubble team would be a mistake, let the deadweight go this season and look towards next year
It's also only 7 games.

And, it's literally almost every player playing way below what they can...whjich suggests its a team cohesion thing more than a personnel thing.

Other than Evans and Caufield, I can't think of a single other player right now playing to what they know their ability is.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Here’s an even better idea.

Don’t rush and do something you don’t need to do. Being a lottery team this year isn’t a bad thing, it’s something many of us predicted the moment Laine went down.

The top line is PPG despite not playing great (except Caufield, he has been great). Dach and Newhook can and will be better. It’s 7 games.

Unless your going out and trading for an of-age defenseman like Rasmus Andersson that will help you the next 5-10 years… there is no point adding anything to what we have.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Here’s an even better idea.

Don’t rush and do something you don’t need to do. Being a lottery team this year isn’t a bad thing, it’s something many of us predicted the moment Laine went down.

The top line is PPG despite not playing great (except Caufield, he has been great). Dach and Newhook can and will be better. It’s 7 games.

Unless your going out and trading for an of-age defenseman like Rasmus Andersson that will help you the next 5-10 years… there is no point adding anything to what we have.
5 pick again is ok

Draft is our playoffs

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
So the rookies would be sitting in the right chair if the habs had Kovacevic as their 7th d?
Mailloux would be in the AHL to work on his dzone play and the Habs would have a more balance D. They currently are running with 5 offensive Ds who can't or barely play in their own zone...and the 1/6 who is defensive is Savard and he's been bad (and put in the wrong role, his skating can't keep up with Lane's chaos).

Also, I think the young players should be in the AHL if they aren't ready to be permanent players on the roster as long as they are waiver exempt. There shouldn't be rotation happening with waiver exempt players.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
5 pick again is ok

Draft is our playoffs
Boy I hope we are not having the same discussion next year. Shit it’s not even end of October and we are thinking the draft.

I’m sure there are many on here would have the same attitude that we are in rebuild and excuse this next season as well.

At some point, we need to see results on the ice.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
It's also only 7 games.

And, it's literally almost every player playing way below what they can...whjich suggests its a team cohesion thing more than a personnel thing.

Other than Evans and Caufield, I can't think of a single other player right now playing to what they know their ability is.
Caufield isn’t playing particularly well, he’s scored lots of goals but his shooting % is unsustainable and masking his otherwise meh play, once that levels off he will become a lightning rod for criticism as well.

Reactions: Skala24 and Andy

vokiel

#DanzeMolsonMix
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
When Kovacevic was Barron/Guhle's current age he was still two years away from playing a single NHL game and three years away from becoming a regular with Montreal. Not sure why you'd declare those guys finished products.
They've seen enough games to figure it out. They won't gain anything more by being sheltered products in development. The rest is professionalism and dedication to their craft. Same thing for Kova, we're just talking stopgaps vs top 4 rd...

Top 4 rd isn't available imho, so what's left?

Looking at the D who are UFAs after this year, Maatta could be a cheap target. Brings a lot of experience. I'd trade Dvo for him.
He's a Lefty?

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
They've seen enough games to figure it out. They won't gain anything more by being sheltered products in development. The rest is professionalism and dedication to their craft. Same thing for Kova, we're just talking stopgaps vs top 4 rd...

Top 4 rd isn't available imho, so what's left?

He's a Lefty?
Lefty who plays both sides

Reactions: vokiel

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He was the 4th most played dman under MSL in his first two seasons coaching the team.. Look it up.

Arguing with Miller Time over Kovacevic usage because I said MSL wasn't a fan with the low TOI he gave him. Miller Time argue Kovacevic was the 4th most used dmen, but the NHL.com stats shows he had the 6th avg TOI on the team last season.

What's the point of lying when there's a very simple search and quote function on the site?

There's no argument. You made a nonsense comment about MSL "not liking" Kovacevic, I pointed out the statistical evidence that refutes your bs narrative, now your posting more nonsense.

To what point other than making an initial bad take worse, who knows. Enjoy arguing with yourself :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: morhilane

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
What's the point of lying when there's a very simple search and quote function on the site?

There's no argument. You made a nonsense comment about MSL "not liking" Kovacevic, I pointed out the statistical evidence that refutes your bs narrative, now your posting more nonsense.

To what point other than making an initial bad take worse, who knows. Enjoy arguing with yourself :lol:
I especially wrote "last season" in every one of the posts.

edit and your proof of Kovacevic TOI under the Habs for two seasons from NHL.com:

nQIJM1d.png

Last edited:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Zegras's big contract and I figure 60 points. I'm not in his corner. He's Caufield best friend so imagine that is carrying weight.
He would have to project for more than 60 points I think for Hughes to be interested. I'm not interested if that's his upside. I'd prefer a bigger more physical guy with say 45- 50 points.

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Weird that you didn't voice it in the thread on this board or the trade board.
It must have been in real life because I did talk about it a lot. if I didn't here, then fair enough, but I talk about the Habs in many places.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad